Subject: Linux-Activists - DOC Channel digest. 93-5-5-7:16
From: "Linux Activists" <[email-masked]>
To: "Linux-Activists" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 5 Jun 1993 14:25:30 +0300

Topics:
	 Linux Kernel Hackers' Guide

----------------------------------------------------------------------

From: <[email-masked]>
Subject: Linux Kernel Hackers' Guide
Date: Sat, 5 Jun 1993 08:06:54 +0300

I'm sorry that this has taken so long, but I first had to move home
from school, and now have been involved in wedding preparations, so
this latest release of the KHG is a few weeks late.  I thank you all
for your patience.

I have improved the section of device drivers somewhat.  I had hoped
to have a rough section of block drivers as well, but that won't
happen until July sometime, anyway.  However, I have included a really
rough outline, and lots of comments embedded in the text, so send me
plenty of email with comments, and feel free to write helpful blurbs
for me to use as I write more.

Because I am getting married in a week, it will be nearly a month
before I read mail much again.  This will be a sabatical from Linux,
as well as the rest of the world.  When I come back, I hope to be able
to make something useful of the KHG and make it public this summer.
Therefore, I ask for as much help as possible.  I know for sure that
there are many mistakes and misunderstandings in the current KHG.  I
do not pretend to know everything -- the reason that I am the one
working on this is that I find writing it *fun*, not that I am an
amazing kernel hacker.  I will take any corrections you have to offer
quite meekly....

The tar file, khg.tar.z, includes the source.  There are also dvi and
ps compiled versions of the guide in khg.dvi.z and khg.ps.z.  The
total length is 120 pages -- be aware of this before you start
printing.

The files are available in ftp.stolaf.edu:/pub/linux-doc/

michaelkjohnson

------------------------------

End of DOC Digest
*****************
-------