Subject: Linux-Activists - Channel DOC digest. 93-0-15-15:44
From: "Linux Activists" <[email-masked]>
To: "Linux-Activists" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 1993 22:20:45 +0200

Topics:
	 Re:  Linux-Activists - Channel DOC digest. 93-0-15-3:43

----------------------------------------------------------------------

From: [email-masked] (Michael Haardt)
Subject: Re:  Linux-Activists - Channel DOC digest. 93-0-15-3:43
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 1993 16:46:59 +0200

	From: [email-masked] (Charles Shannon Hendrix)
	Subject: Documentation...
	Date: Fri, 15 Jan 1993 05:35:49 +0200

	A few questions for this channel...

	2) I need a template for a man page so I can create my own (and possibly
	   contribute some man pages).

There is man/man7.7, which explains the -man macros and can also be used
as template.  If you don't like that, I can send my own template to the
list, which doesn't explain anything and is only used as my personal
template.

	3) Where is the best documentation for the groff/gtroff/etc package?  The
	   man pages leave much to be desired.  I could use some documentation on
	   the various macro packages too.  All I have is the Coherent manual for
	   nroff and the ms macros and things are slightly different under Linux/GNU.

What documentation are you thinking of?  I think I will contact the
groff author next time and ask if he needs some manuals for the groff
output file format.  I am just writing a groff driver and learned some
things from reading Kernighans report about ditroff and some others the
hard way.

For -ms, I don't know of any free and *complete* documentation.  I once
wrote a small tutorial for -ms, which explains the most needed subset,
but that should be portable through all roffs, including coherent.

For pic(1), there is a postscript manual which can be got from netlib at
research.att.com.

Michael

------------------------------

End of DOC Digest
*****************
-------