Subject: Linux-Activists - DOC Channel digest. 93-4-17-13:23
From: "Linux Activists" <[email-masked]>
To: "Linux-Activists" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 May 1993 20:04:45 +0300

Topics:
	 Man pages image on ftp.cs.unc.edu

----------------------------------------------------------------------

From: [email-masked] (Jeff Blaine)
Subject: Man pages image on ftp.cs.unc.edu
Date: Mon, 17 May 1993 15:59:30 +0300

I wasn't sure who to email this to personally, so I am posting this here.
The man.linux.16May93.tar.z file on ftp.cs.unc.edu /pub/faith/linux ...
Could the person maintaining this directory possibly make the tar
file inside the directory man.linux instead of from /pub/faith/linux ?
The problem is (and this may be something that's easy to do with tar
to get around my problem, if so, please email me someone) is that
untarring the files straight into the appropriate man dirs under /usr/man
isn't  ... umm .. workable for me.  I wouldn't really have a problem
with the way it is now, but there are a slew of symbolic links here 
and there that I can't figure out how to directly copy well without
having to go back and manually create them.
So, with the new way, we would get the tar file containing:
man1/foo.1
man1 ....
man2/etc etc

instead of
man.linux/man1/foo.1
man.linux/man1 ....
man.linux/man2/etc etc

If this is something that is easily gotten around that I am obviously not
familiar with, someone kindly email me about it.  Maybe a tar command
line switch or a way to copy the symbolic links and all right over...
Thanks for your time.

-- 
+-----------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| Jeff Blaine                                 I just robbed a grocery store.  |
| [email-masked]                              I'm going to Disneyland.        |
+-----------------------------------------------------------------------------+

------------------------------

End of DOC Digest
*****************
-------