Subject: Linux-Activists - DOC Channel digest. 93-4-8-17:12
From: "Linux Activists" <[email-masked]>
To: "Linux-Activists" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 8 May 1993 21:44:49 +0300

Topics:
	 LDP info in manuals

----------------------------------------------------------------------

From: [email-masked] (Matt Welsh)
Subject: LDP info in manuals
Date: Sat, 8 May 1993 20:07:56 +0300

I'd like for the LDP manuals to contain the following blurb in the
preface or introduction, if possible. I'm open to comments on this:
I'd like for all of the LDP manuals to contain information on the
LDP itself; just to identify the manual with the project and to give
information on where to get the other manuals.

Of course, information on where to get the manuals will be updated when
we actually decide on a place. This is all tentative.

Comments? Is it too cheesy?

mdw

--
% blurb.tex
The Linux Documentation Project is a loose team of writers, proofreaders, 
and editors who have decided that ``enough is enough'' as far as Linux
documentation is concerned. The overall coordinator of the project is
Matt Welsh, aided heavily by Lars Wirzenius and Michael K. Johnson.

This manual is one in a set of several being distributed
by the Linux Doc Project, including a Linux User's Guide, System
Administrator's Guide, and Kernel Hacker's Guide. These manuals are all 
available in \LaTeX\ source format and Postscript output for anonymous FTP
from {\tt nic.funet.fi}, in the directory {\tt /pub/OS/Linux/doc/doc-project}.

We encourage anyone with a penchant for writing or editing to join us in
improving Linux documentation. If you have Internet e-mail access, you can
join the {\tt DOC} channel of the {\tt Linux-Activists} mailing list by 
sending mail to 
\begin{tscreen}
[email-masked]
\end {tscreen}
with the line
\begin{tscreen}
X-Mn-Admin: join DOC
\end{tscreen} 
as the top of the message body. 

------------------------------

End of DOC Digest
*****************
-------