Subject: Linux-Activists - DOC Channel digest. 93-3-2-16:48
From: "Linux Activists" <[email-masked]>
To: "Linux-Activists" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Apr 1993 23:15:39 +0300

Topics:
	 [ANNOUNCE] Old man pages restored, new man pages available

----------------------------------------------------------------------

From: Rik Faith <[email-masked]>
Subject: [ANNOUNCE] Old man pages restored, new man pages available
Date: Fri, 2 Apr 1993 17:27:32 +0300

Please find in

ftp.cs.unc.edu:/pub/faith/linux/man.linux

the current MAN PAGE PROJECT tree [sections 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9]

/pub/faith/linux/man.linux.2Apr93.tar.z is a gzip'd tar file of these man
pages.

The copyright issues appear to have been resolved.  All of these man pages
have copyright notices in them and are distributable under the terms of the
GNU General Public License.

IF YOU HAVE OLD VERSIONS OF THESE MAN PAGES, PLEASE GET THE UPDATED
VERSIONS!

Also, Ian Jackson ([email-masked]) has provided new versions of

        _exit.2   alarm.2   read.2    unlink.2
        access.2  open.2    rmdir.2   write.2

Since these are different from the versions by Drew Eckhardt and Michael
Haardt, I've placed them in man2.new.  I expect the different versions to
be reconciled soon.

------------------------------

End of DOC Digest
*****************
-------