Subject: Linux-Activists - DOC Channel digest. 93-2-31-0:2
From: "Linux Activists" <[email-masked]>
To: "Linux-Activists" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 1993 06:35:48 +0300

Topics:
	 ASCII versions of LPD manuals.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

From: [email-masked] (Michael K Johnson)
Subject: ASCII versions of LPD manuals.
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 1993 02:40:18 +0300

Just thought that I'd share the good news:

Jonathan Monsarrat, who wrote lametex and moderates
comp.sources.postscript (or whatever it is), is also a Linux fan.  Big
deal?  You decide.  This summer, he will be re-writing lametex, and he
intends to make it powerful enough to do our manual sets, and format
them into ascii.  I'm trying to figure out a few things, like how to
fit 80 character wide source printouts into this, but I'm excited.
All the people who have been complaining about the lack of straight
ascii can be appeased, even while we continue making decent
documentation in LaTeX format.

Three Cheers!

michaelkjohnson

BTW:  I will be making one more dvi release of the KHG before moving
to source, as I haven't had time to sort out the source copyright
issues.  Also, I have not yet fixed linuxdoc.sty to look better.  It
will happen, I promise, but it will take a little longer.  Sorry for
the delay.

-mkj

------------------------------

End of DOC Digest
*****************
-------