Subject: Linux-Activists - DOC Channel digest. 93-2-28-20:37
From: "Linux Activists" <[email-masked]>
To: "Linux-Activists" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 1993 00:31:39 +0300

Topics:
	 Re: man page keywords

----------------------------------------------------------------------

From: [email-masked] (Lars Wirzenius)
Subject: Re: man page keywords
Date: Sun, 28 Mar 1993 23:21:06 +0300

> Also, the list of standards did not include Standard C.  I would have
> thought it would be useful to include a keyword like ANSI to specify
> that a function that is part of Standard C.

Since the ANSI standard has been replaced with an identical (except
for chapter numbering) ISO standard, I'd say it would be better to use
a keyword ISO C, or preferably even the number of the standard (this
should be in the comp.lang.c FAQ, which I don't have conveniently
handy so I can't include it here).  In fact, I'd think it would be a
good idea to indicate the version of the standard, not just say
"System V".

--
[email-masked]  (finger [email-masked])
   MS-DOS, you can't live with it, you can live without it.

------------------------------

End of DOC Digest
*****************
-------