Subject: Linux-Activists - DOC Channel digest. 93-2-27-20:53
From: "Linux Activists" <[email-masked]>
To: "Linux-Activists" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 28 Mar 1993 01:20:04 +0200

Topics:
	 Section 3 man pages available

----------------------------------------------------------------------

From: Rik Faith <[email-masked]>
Subject: Section 3 man pages available
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 1993 22:51:00 +0200

I have made available at ftp.cs.unc.edu:/pub/faith/linux/man.linux/man3
several man pages by David Metcalfe ([email-masked]):

abort.3 abs.3 atexit.3 atof.3 atoi.3 atol.3 bsearch.3 div.3 initstate.3
labs.3 ldiv.3 on_exit.3 qsort.3 rand.3 random.3 setstate.3 srand.3
srandom.3 strtol.3 strtoul.3

Due to problems with copyright issues, I have removed from the ftp site all
of the other man pages which did not have authorship information in them.
I am trying to resolve this issue as quickly as possible.  Until that time,
please do not distribute any man pages that do not include authorship
information.

To avoid similar problems in the future, I will no longer accept any man
pages which do not have explicit authorship information in them.  Something
like the following is acceptable:

     .\" Written by Joe User ([email-masked]), Sat Mar 27 15:40:48 1993
     .\" This file is in the Public Domain

*OR*

     .\" Copyright 1993 Joe User ([email-masked]), Sat Mar 27 15:40:51 1993
     .\" May be distributed under the GNU General Public License

When you change a man page, please add information similar to the following:

     .\" Modified Sat Mar 27 15:40:40 1993, John Luser ([email-masked])

I shouldn't have to remind anyone, but REMOVING AUTHORSHIP, COPYRIGHT, OR
LICENSING INFORMATION FROM FILES IS *NOT* ACCEPTABLE BEHAVIOR.

------------------------------

End of DOC Digest
*****************
-------