Subject: Linux-Activists - DOC Channel digest. 93-2-17-8:16
From: "Linux Activists" <[email-masked]>
To: "Linux-Activists" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 1993 14:16:36 +0200

Topics:
	 LDP Manifesto

----------------------------------------------------------------------

From: [email-masked] (Michael K Johnson)
Subject: LDP Manifesto
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 1993 08:27:34 +0200

I don't think that it makes much sense from a legal standpoint to have
the LDP copyright the docs.  We aren't a legal entity, and really
can't hold a copyright.  It makes perfect sense, in those doucments
writen by multiple people, for the editor to hold an editorial
copyright.  I currently share the copyright for the KHG with Dan
Miner, and thank in a prominent section all the contributors, no
matter how slight.  I may have to change the wording of the copyright
to that of an editorial copyright if I get lots of submissions from
others that I include verbatim, but that gets sticky legally if I
change some pieces significantly.  I would rather keep a standard
copyright, shared with Dan, with the (I think reasonably decent) set
of copyright restrictions set forth in the KHG copyright, and ask
contributors to allow their material to fall under that copyright.

I suggest either individual or editorial copyright on all LDP docs
help by the principal compiler(s).

michaelkjohnson

------------------------------

End of DOC Digest
*****************
-------