Subject: Linux-Activists - DOC Channel digest. 93-2-11-4:5
From: "Linux Activists" <[email-masked]>
To: "Linux-Activists" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 1993 10:14:31 +0200

Topics:
	 Doc for IDA sendmail 5.65c

----------------------------------------------------------------------

From: Rich Braun <[email-masked]>
Subject: Doc for IDA sendmail 5.65c
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 1993 02:12:30 +0200

After doing a port of sendmail v5.65c+IDA myself, I discovered that I
had duplicated the efforts of Nathan Laredo.  (Fortunately, it wasn't
a lot of work:  sendmail compiles out-of-the-box under Linux, given
the right Makefile and conf.h.)

I'm posting here before putting together a new upload which will delete
the duplicated items between my package, which includes docs, and
Nathans, which includes the binaries.  The results of this will hopefully
be a clean email package which won't require any detailed knowledge by
people who are loading from the SLS.  IDA sendmail makes it easy to
configure non-networked home systems like mine to appear as if they
were on the net, and it's a bit smarter than smail when it comes to
mixing mail address modes.  As always, it's up to the user to choose
the mix of software best suited for the environment, but my goal is
to make that choice a simple and educated one.

The binary+doc IDA sendmail package is currently in tsx-11:/pub/linux/
binaries/usr.bin/alpha-sendmail-5.65c+IDA.tar.Z.  Its documentation is
quite good but doesn't conform to the multiple standards I've seen
under Linux.  (The reason for calling the package "alpha" is because
of the doc; the source code has been field-installed for years.)

Please download this and email me your suggestions regarding
directory and doc formats, README files, and so forth.  I plan to post
a more polished package in the near future.

-rich

------------------------------

End of DOC Digest
*****************
-------