Subject: Linux-Activists - DOC Channel digest. 93-2-9-23:58
From: "Linux Activists" <[email-masked]>
To: "Linux-Activists" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 1993 07:47:00 +0200

Topics:
	 Man page project
	 Man pages

----------------------------------------------------------------------

From: Matt Welsh <[email-masked]>
Subject: Man page project
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 1993 01:03:55 +0200

The man page stuff looks great. I'm glad you have something setup.

Best of luck,
mdw

------------------------------

From: [email-masked] (Gavin Thomas Nicol)
Subject: Man pages
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 1993 01:20:10 +0200

Sorry, I've been on vacation for a while, and haven't been keeping up
to date. Anyway, I just thought I'd let you know that I'm still
working on the info based man page idea. I've got a basic roff->info
converter done: I tested it on SunOS's man pages, and it works well
for some, and dies on others. I'll continue to improve it.

Where a lot of my energy has been focused on is getting a better info
browser done, and getting a full set of documentationin info . Progess is
being made on both fronts, but don't expect anything for a while, as
this is all being tied in with other projects I have going. Hopefully
the outcome will be a better documentation system: not only for man
pages. 

Keep up the good work Michael! Your man page effort is great, the
info effort will be incomplete for some time, so as you said, roff
will not be obsoleted immediately, and in fact, it may remain the
standard! 

------------------------------

End of DOC Digest
*****************
-------