Subject: Linux-Activists - DOC Channel digest. 93-2-3-2:41
From: "Linux Activists" <[email-masked]>
To: "Linux-Activists" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 1993 07:46:28 +0200

Topics:
	 Man pages
	 TCP/IP documentation

----------------------------------------------------------------------

From: Matt Welsh <[email-masked]>
Subject: Man pages
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 1993 02:54:50 +0200

Okay, Rik wants to do mane pages as well. Good deal. :)

M. Haardt and Rik Faith need to battle it out to see who coordinates the
project. You both can do it, that's fine with me. 

I'd like to keep all LDP alpha docs (including alpha man pages) on
ALPHA/doc-project on nic.funet.fi. Let's not split off man pages to
cs.unc.edu--- I'd like everything in one place so I can say: "Here it is."
Once you want to release man pages we upload them to tsx-11: docs/man and
Sunsite.

I agree that sections 1, 6, and 8 should have man pages bundled with the
source/binary and shouldn't be handled by the LDP. However folks on
the LDP can volunteer to write man pages for authors of Linux software if
they wish, but it won't be officially handled by the LDP.

Let me know what you work out.

mdw

------------------------------

From: [email-masked] (Karl Fogel)
Subject: TCP/IP documentation
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 1993 03:14:29 +0200

Matt Welsh sez:
>What does everyone think? If this is a bad idea we'll just allocate more
>chapters in System Admin's for all of the networking stuff, but most real
>UNIX systems have a seperate networking guide with overview in the system
>admin's.

     I think this is a very good idea, since (I believe) there are a
lot of Linuxers who aren't using the networking code, because their
machines are not located in networked buildings. I don't have a
network card, and none of the (4) other linuxers I know personally do
either. Networking info is not useful for everyone, but the other
sysadminning stuff *is* of concern to all.

-karl fogel ([email-masked])

------------------------------

End of DOC Digest
*****************
-------