Subject: Linux-Activists - Channel DOC digest. 93-0-4-16:3
From: "Linux Activists" <[email-masked]>
To: "Linux-Activists" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Jan 1993 19:21:38 +0200

Topics:
	 Re: Doc project ftp directory on nic; proofreaders for uucp doc

----------------------------------------------------------------------

From: [email-masked] (Michael Haardt)
Subject: Re: Doc project ftp directory on nic; proofreaders for uucp doc
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 1992 21:28:21 +0200

> From: [email-masked] (Lars Wirzenius)
> Subject: Doc project ftp directory on nic; proofreaders for uucp doc
> Date: Tue, 29 Dec 1992 02:15:56 +0200
>
> The directory /pub/OS/Linux/ALPHA/doc-project on nic.funet.fi has been
> created by arl so that we can share files easily.

> If you want to upload something to the doc-project directory, you do
> it by uploading it to .../ALPHA/incoming instead, and drop a note to
> [email-masked], and he will move the files to the correct place (this
> is standard ftp procedure).

Is this just a place to exchange files to reduce mail traffic or is it
intended to be used as "official" central ftp site of Linux
documentation (including online manuals)?

I would like to see the second, so I can upload my set of Linux specific
manual pages with the intention to provide all people with a common
basic set to work on.  From time to time I would upload an improved set
which you just unpack to replace the old one and everybody knows where
to find the current release.

I hate old versions floating around, like Origami which was upload by
someone %&/(#$! although it compiles out of the box; now there is at
least one old version and all interested people get it because they see
it in a Linux archive.

Happy new year to all!

Michael

PS: And I promise to work on my (4) pages when I find some time.  Of
    course you can send me wonderful improved versions as well ;)

PPS: I am away next days, so don't wonder why this mail takes so long.

------------------------------

End of DOC Digest
*****************
-------