Subject: Linux-Activists - Channel DOC digest. 92-11-29-0:26
From: "Linux Activists" <[email-masked]>
To: "Linux-Activists" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 1992 06:54:36 +0200

Topics:
	 Doc project ftp directory on nic; proofreaders for uucp doc

----------------------------------------------------------------------

From: [email-masked] (Lars Wirzenius)
Subject: Doc project ftp directory on nic; proofreaders for uucp doc
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 1992 02:15:56 +0200

The directory /pub/OS/Linux/ALPHA/doc-project on nic.funet.fi has been
created by arl so that we can share files easily.  Or at least those
of us with ftp can do so.  I do not know if the files in that
directory are available via the mailserver on nic, but I can mail
files to people who can't ftp (at least as long as that does not
become too much of a burden for me).

If you want to upload something to the doc-project directory, you do
it by uploading it to .../ALPHA/incoming instead, and drop a note to
[email-masked], and he will move the files to the correct place (this
is standard ftp procedure).  Again, if you can't ftp, you can send the
files to me and I will upload them to nic.

At the moment the directory contains two files, uucp-21dec92.tex.Z and
uucp-21dec92.README, a draft for a document about setting up uucp on
Linux.  (I should have made this available before xmas, but I was
busy.  Sorry.)

PROOFREADERS!  It would probably be a good idea to have as many people
read as many things as possible, and it doesn't matter the slightest
bit if you are not an expert on the matter.  So, please get it and
read it if you can spare the time.  I assume comments would be best
directed to the author, instead of the list, unless they are of
general interest.  (There is something in that uucp doc, in the
comments in the TeX source at the beginning, that needs to be
discussed publicly, for instance.  I will send a different mail later
about it.)

------------------------------

End of DOC Digest
*****************
-------