Subject: Linux-Activists - Channel DOC digest. 92-11-27-0:28
From: "Linux Activists" <[email-masked]>
To: "Linux-Activists" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 Dec 1992 05:50:46 +0200

Topics:
	 IS&GS Manual

----------------------------------------------------------------------

From: Matt Welsh <[email-masked]>
Subject: IS&GS Manual
Date: Sun, 27 Dec 1992 02:17:50 +0200

Just wanted to let you all know that I'm busily writing the Install manual
for Linux, and it seems to be going well. I want to seriously manipulate the
linuxdoc.sty sheet (Michael, are you listening?). Basically I want the manual
to print for 8.5x11" pages. The default format has really cruddy margins.
Plus I want the headers to look like those in the LaTeX book; i.e. 
page number, section/chapter number, with an hrule, in bf font. I'll make the
margins thinner to fill up more of the page, but I plan to have it print in
two-sided format, with space so someone can punch holes in the pages. 
This is mostly because 	I see most people getting the postscript or dvi file
and printing it themselves on a normal laser printer, punching holes, and
sticking it in a binder. The standard LaTeX book format doesn't look good
for this.

I've also added a tscreen environment, which does a \small\tt and a 
\begin{quote{, like the screen environment, but it changes the type.

Do these formatting conventions sound okay?

At the rate I'm writing something should be ready by mid-January.
mdw

------------------------------

End of DOC Digest
*****************
-------