Subject: revision control between ASCII and typeset versions
From: Daniel Russell <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 1992 04:09:14 +0200

Hello.  Awfully quiet lately.
	Does anyone have any ideas about how to control revisions/updates
when the _working_ copy (i.e. the one that the author has) is in ASCII
and the _distribution_ copy is in LaTeX?  Some ideas I have:
	1) Re- LaTeX the document from the ASCII each time a new revision
is due out to the masses
	   Problem: too much redundant work

   	2) keep an ASCII copy of the current LaTeX copy do diffs between
the old and new ASCII copies, and put the changes into the LaTeX
copy by hand.
	   Problem: it's possible the editor will miss out on information,
   	   or that diff will choke if the differences are big (I'm not
   	   that experienced with diff, does it work equally well with 
   	   flowing paragraphs as it does with code?)

   	Any improvements will be readily flamed, shot down and otherwise
degraded (postfix-negate factorial)

 dan
=====
Dan Russell			[email-masked]			Linux Forever!
  	       I need a new .sig  Send me ideas, please