Subject: Linux-Activists - Channel DOC digest. 92-11-17-10:42
From: "Linux Activists" <[email-masked]>
To: "Linux-Activists" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 1992 20:21:41 +0200

Topics:
	 Distribution on CDROM
	 Section 4 man pages

----------------------------------------------------------------------

From: [email-masked] (Adam J. Richter)
Subject: Distribution on CDROM
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 1992 12:16:41 +0200

> ** 2.4 Getting Linux on a CD-ROM
>       Until the CD-ROM actually comes out this will be a stub entry.
[...]
>       Note that at the beginning of this section we will assume that the
>       reader has, in hand, either a set of diskettes with SLS on it, or
>       a CD-ROM (which will be covered in a seperate section whenever this
>       is available).

        The Yggdrasil Linux/GNU/X alpha CDROM has been shipping for
more than a week now.  

	I'd be happy to give a free copy of the alpha release to anyone
who seriously plans to write documentation related to the CDROM
distribution.

        The manual that comes with the alpha CDROM distribution consists
of a few pages of installation notes, third party support information,
the Linux Info Sheet, and the Linux FAQ, all typeset with texinfo.  The
manual is available for anonymous FTP from netcom.com:pub/yggdrasil, and
is freely redistributable.  You are welcome to use the manual in your
own documentation efforts.  I should warn you, however, that I did
almost all of the writing for the installation notes between midnight
and 6am the morning before the manual went to press.  If nobody beats
me to it, I will at least clean up the installation notes that I wrote
before the beta release manual goes to press.

Adam J. Richter
Yggdrasil Computing, Incorporated

------------------------------

From: Rik Faith <[email-masked]>
Subject: Section 4 man pages
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 1992 16:45:10 +0200

Is anyone working on section 4 man pages.  I thought I'd write a few. . .

------------------------------

End of DOC Digest
*****************
-------