Subject: Linux-Activists - Channel DOC digest. 92-11-13
From: "Linux Activists" <[email-masked]>
To: "Linux-Activists" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 1992 05:43:35 +0200

Topics:
	 The MIT X11 manuals

----------------------------------------------------------------------

From: Paul Crowley <[email-masked]>
Subject: The MIT X11 manuals
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 1992 06:43:05 +0200

Re: the MIT manuals:

> These manuals are good, but there are 2 problems with them:

They're good?  I found them *impossible*!  I think no-one could hope to
learn X without supplementary documentation such as the O'Reilly books. 
Once you know it, you can use them for reference...

> 1) Ideally, they should be in texinfo

That could be a long wait.

> 2) They are not "free". Ideally, all documentation for Linux should
>    be distributable under the same conditions as Linux.

I can't imagine that anyone would have any reason to break any of the
conditions of the redistribution license for this documentation:

#Permission to use, copy, modify, distribute, and sell this software and
#its documentation for any purpose is hereby granted without fee,
#provided that the above copyright notice appear in all copies and that
#both that copyright notice and this permission notice appear in
#supporting documentation, and that the name of MIT not be used in
#advertising or publicity pertaining to distribution of the software
#without specific, written prior permission.

Am I missing something?
  __                                _____
\/ o\ Paul Crowley [email-masked] \\ //
/\__/ "I'm the boy without a soul."  \X/ 

------------------------------

End of DOC Digest
*****************
-------