Subject: xbiff-imap thing questions

From: Kevin Howard <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 1996 16:52:19 -0500 (CDT)

I'm trying to write some software on HP-UX 10.01 to function 
 like xbiff between a remote machine and a mail host.  However, I'm
 having trouble getting my program to open a mailbox via IMAP.  The 
 server_login function performs correctly (logs and error checking show
 that I am indeed logged into the mail host).  However, it is not
 able to open any mailbox name I give it.  I've tried INBOX, 
 {$host}INBOX, and $user.  I am using the 
 	(stream = mail_open (stream,tmp,NIL))
 function.  Is there something else that needs to be done between the 
 server_login() function and the mail_open() function, or am I specifying
 the mail box incorrectly? Thanks in advance.
 
 	-Kevin
 
 Kevin Howard			Hewlett Packard - Convex Division

---

From: Mark Crispin <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 1996 15:53:54 -0700 (PDT)

Kevin -

Your message doesn't give enough information.  If mail_open() fails, you
should get an error message via mm_log() that indicates the reason for the
failure.  What was that error message?

Have you looked at mtest in the toolkit, also at the imap-utils such as
chkmail, for examples of how to do this?

-- Mark --