Subject: Re: imapd + Outlook =

From: Mark Edwards <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2001 13:10:29 -0700

Well, this is an old Beige G3, and 512MB is pretty much the max.  Shouldn't
512MB be enough, though?  When I do top, this is what I see for each instace
of imapd:

479 imapd        0.0%  0:00.12   1    24    15   144K   500K   572K  2.65M

I can't imagine that 14 instaces of that should be maxing out my memory.

I haven't tried what you're suggesting, but I did notice that the problem
got worse when I went from one client checking all 14 accounts every 5
minutes to 2 clients checking all 14 accounts every 5 minutes.

In case you're wondering, this isn't a unix mailbox format problem.  I'm
using .mbx format for everything.

on 10/11/01 12:29 PM, Tracy Ta at [email-masked] wrote:

> Try this , install more RAM.
> Does it happen if you set 7 clients check mail every 5 minutes and
> 7 clients check mail every 10 minutes ?
> BR,
> TTA

-- 
Mark Edwards
Engineer
Mr. Toad's
San Francisco