Subject: IMAPD Max. Concurrent Connections.

From: Yasela Udawatte <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 May 2002 18:23:50 +0600

What is the mximum number of concurrent connections can be handled by
imap ...?

Rgds

Yasela

-- 
------------------------------------------------------------------
 For information about this mailing list, and its archives, see: 
 http://www.washington.edu/imap/c-client-list.html
------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Mark Crispin <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 May 2002 10:11:11 -0700 (PDT)

> What is the mximum number of concurrent connections can be handled by

That limit is established by your operating system and [x]inetd listener.
imapd itself has no limit.

The traditional UNIX mailbox format only permits one concurrent session per
mailbox, but other formats allow multiple sessions and there is no limit with
these.