Subject: Making the C-client on DEC AXP - OSF/1

From: Sandeep Mangla <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 1993 16:03:33 +0100 (MET)

Dear C-client developer,
      
     I've been trying to make the Xlview distribution ( from
Sumex-aim.Stanford.edu ) on my usual platform : a DEC AXP,
running OSF/1 v1.3. Evrything makes out of the box except, ...
the C-client ! I tried using the SVR4 makefile but again,
everything except the os-dependent part (i.e. os_sv4.c ) compiles
rightaway.

     Would you please tell me how to make the C-client on my m/c ?

                                 Sincerely,
                                          Sandeep Mangla.

---

From: Mark Crispin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 1993 09:16:04 -0800 (PST)

There wasn't enough information in your message to determine the cause of your
problem.  However, c-client has an OSF/1 port.  You should be using the OSF
makefile, not the SVR4 makefile.  I am not surprised to hear that the SV4 port
does not build with OSF/1; that is why there's a separate OSF port!

The OSF port is in the ANSI sources tree; in the IMAP 3.2 toolkit on
ftp.cac.washington.edu (file mail/imap-3.2.tar.Z via anonymous), you will find
it in the directory imap-3.2/ANSI/c-client after you uncompress and untar it.

-- Mark --

---

From: David L Miller <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 1993 09:27:54 -0800 (PST)

The current c-client distribution includes an "osf" port.  It is available
from ftp.cac.washington.edu in the /mail/imap.tar.Z file. 

|\ |  |\/|  David L. Miller    [email-masked]  (206) 685-6240
|/ |_ |  |  Software Engineer, Pine Development Team   (206) 685-4045 (FAX)
University of Washington, Networks & Distributed Computing
4545 15th Ave NE, Seattle WA 98105, USA