Subject: env_init() problems after previous install

From: Terry Davis <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 01:59:03 -0600

I have used the imapd installed with my os, slackware linux without any
problems.  in fact it runs great.  one annoyance, it places all new
"folders" directly in the users home directory.  I want to change this
to the subdir of 'mail' in their home directory.  No problem!  I
recompiled the binary without any problems installed and HUP'd inet
without any problems as well.  However, I cannot see any "folders"
created when the other binary was in use.  I DID copy some of them into
the new location of $home/mail and I double checked that they did exist
there.  I also went as far as to create new folders and see where the
client created them.  IT created them under $home/mail just as it
should.  Very odd.  The files seem identical in the 'mail' directory
with respect to their names of course.

Does imapd tag a bit on mailbox objects relative to the binary?  I can
see no other reason.  I tried Netscape, Outlook, and Outlook Express.
All saw same results.

Thank you for any help on this matter!
Terry

-- 
-----------------------------------------------------------------
 For information about this mailing list, and its archives, see: 
 http://www.washington.edu/imap/imap-list.html
-----------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Mark Crispin <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 18:21:33 -0800 (PST)

The most likely explanation for your problem is that your subscription list is
messed up.  Try deleting the .mailboxlist file.

You might also try using a better client than Netscape or Outlook [Express].