Subject: plain text login

From: Facundo Suárez <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2003 12:08:27 -0300

Hi, i am a new user of uw-imap and i am having troubles with my Squirrelmail, i want to use it with uw-imap, but, configuring Squirrel to work with uw, port 143, tsl support, login autenticated, and still don't work. It don't let me login in Squirrelmail page.

 Using imap cilents.. it's all ok. both, tsl on 143 and tsl on 993.

 My question is, how con i configure uw-imap to work plaint text login, no tsl, port 143 to work fine with squirrel ??. I am using debian and i have installed uw-imap with apt-get.

 I will be very thaks to any help.

---

From: "Patrik Hall" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2003 01:34:30 +0200

Hello.

By specifying "localhost/notls" as hostname in the configuration to
squirrelmail and to other webmail applications implemented trough PHP imap,
the connection should be established without ssl or tls.

Sometimes one reason why php applications refuses to connect to imap servers
(the defaults are connection using tls) are that validation of the
certificates fail. This happen if the certificates are self-signed or signed
by an authority not found in the certificate bundle in openssl. Connecting
using tls but no validation can be done by specifying as hostname for
instance "localhost/imap/ssl/novalidate-cert" or if using port 993
"localhost:993/imap/ssl/novalidate-cert".

Good luck.

Patrik Hall

----- Original Message ----- 
From: Facundo Suárez
To: [email-masked]
Sent: Monday, November 03, 2003 5:08 PM
Subject: plain text login

 Hi, i am a new user of uw-imap and i am having troubles with my
Squirrelmail, i want to use it with uw-imap, but, configuring Squirrel to
work with uw, port 143, tsl support, login autenticated, and still don't
work. It don't let me login in Squirrelmail page.

 My question is, how con i configure uw-imap to work plaint text login, no
tsl, port 143 to work fine with squirrel ??. I am using debian and i have
installed uw-imap with apt-get.

-- 
------------------------------------------------------------------
 For information about this mailing list, and its archives, see: 
 http://www.washington.edu/imap/c-client-list.html
------------------------------------------------------------------