Subject: mail_fetch_header() ignores FT_PREFETCHTEXT flag? No body text returned.

From: Jani Taskinen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2000 02:09:25 +0300 (EEST)

I have encountered the subject's problem with PHP4 Imap extension.

It seems that even if FT_PREFETCHTEXT flag is passed,
mail_fetchheader_full() doesn't return anything but the headers of an
email without the body. Or have I misunderstood the use of FT_PREFETCHTEXT?

Or is the body stored in some variable instead of returned straight when
this function is called?

--Jani

-- 
------------------------------------------------------------------
 For information about this mailing list, and its archives, see: 
 http://www.washington.edu/imap/c-client-list.html
------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Mark Crispin <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2000 23:57:53 -0700 (PDT)

> email without the body. Or have I misunderstood the use of FT_PREFETCHTEXT?

You, you have misunderstood FT_PREFETCHTEXT.

It only precaches the text, so that a subsequent mail_fetch_text() won't
require any network traffic.  However, you must always do mail_fetch_text().
mail_fetch_header() never returns text.