Subject: bug in c-client lib

From: Karsten Ballueder <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 1999 14:56:13 +0100 (BST)

Hello,

I believe there is a bug in the c-client library. I'm not
100% sure, but if you look at my last message to the
c-client mailing list ("Re: calling c-client from C++
code"), you will see that the header lines are a bit
corrupted, with parts of the X-Face line reappearing in the
Content-Type line. 

When I first saw this some months ago I thought it was a bug
in our mailer Mahogany, but we've been unable to find
anything and, interestingly it hardly ever happens (about
twice in several months), but apparently each time that I
send a message to the c-client list, suggesting that it
might possibly get corrupted by the list processor??
Also, the same message as saved to my sent-mail folder is
uncorrupted. 

So either the message got currupted by the list processing
mechanism, or when collected from our local IMAP server.

Any ideas on this?

Also, could someone tell me if the message really appears
corrupted to you, too? If not, it would happen when it
arrives here, if yes, either during sending or by the list
processor. 

Regards,
karsten
--
 Karsten Ballüder  http://Ballueder.home.dhs.org/  mailto:[email-masked]
 Physics Department, Heriot-Watt University, Edinburgh, EH14 4AS, Scotland
                     Tel. +44-(0)-131-4513068  Fax. +44-(0)-131-4513136
            "In a world without fences, who needs Gates?"  

-- 
------------------------------------------------------------------
 For information about this mailing list, and its archives, see: 
 http://www.washington.edu/imap/c-client-list.html
------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 1999 10:20:16 -0500 (CDT)

Hello,  

Along the same lines.  Did anybody ever permanantly fix the
problem in the c-client library where the allocate routines don't
allocate the extra byte for a null terminator.  I found this 
to cause all sorts of errors when I compiled with electric fence.

Bill Suetholz