Subject: nmake fails but why

From: Jess Nielsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2004 11:49:04 +0100

I have just downloaded the newest version which is available at the 
website, but somehow it fails when I'm trying to build it using nmake.

I use: name -f makefile.w2k

The error messages are:

kerb_w2k.c(242) : error C2065: 'MICROSOFT_KERBEROS_NAME_A' : undeclared 
identifi
er
kerb_w2k.c(242) : warning C4047: 'function' : 'char *' differs in levels 
of indi
rection from 'int '
kerb_w2k.c(242) : warning C4024: 'AcquireCredentialsHandleA' : different 
types f
or formal and actual parameter 2
kerb_w2k.c(377) : error C2065: 'SEC_E_CERT_EXPIRED' : undeclared 
identifier
kerb_w2k.c(377) : error C2051: case expression not constant
kerb_w2k.c(502) : error C2065: 'SECBUFFER_PADDING' : undeclared identifier
kerb_w2k.c(505) : error C2065: 'KERB_WRAP_NO_ENCRYPT' : undeclared 
identifier
kerb_w2k.c(545) : error C2065: 'SECBUFFER_STREAM' : undeclared identifier
auth_gss.c(170) : error C2051: case expression not constant
ssl_w2k.c(23) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'schannel.h': 
No su
ch file or directory
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'cl' : return code '0x2'
Stop.
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual 
Studio\VC98\bin\N
MAKE.EXE"' : return code '0x2'
Stop.

Why does this come and what do I need to do avoid it?

Thanks in regards,
Jess
-- 
------------------------------------------------------------------
 For information about this mailing list, and its archives, see: 
 http://www.washington.edu/imap/c-client-list.html
------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Mark Crispin <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2004 09:19:10 -0800 (PST)

> website, but somehow it fails when I'm trying to build it using nmake.

You have to have the Microsoft Platform SDK installed, as described in the
build documentation and the FAQ.  VC by itself is not sufficient.  The
symbols that you have problems with are all in the Platform SDK.

-- Mark --

http://staff.washington.edu/mrc
Science does not emerge from voting, party politics, or public debate.
Si vis pacem, para bellum.