Subject: [Imap-uw] Problem conecting to imap server

From: Juan Pablo Romero <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 14:46:13 -0500

Hello

I have a problem when connecting to an imap server.

I'm using Thunderbird. When I add a new account, it connects fine.
But, under "Trash", there are 2 sub folders, which I can't get rid of
(I suspect they are stored in some configuration file in the server,
but I cannot find which).

Also, after clicking in "Trash", the following message appears: 

"The current command did not succeed. The mail server responded:
SELECT failed: Can't open Trash: not a selectable mailbox".

On the server, I have a file called "Trash" in my home directory.

¿what could be the problem?

Regards

  Juan Pablo
_______________________________________________
Imap-uw mailing list
[email-masked]
https://mailman1.u.washington.edu/mailman/listinfo/imap-uw

---

From: Mark Crispin <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 12:57:58 -0700 (PDT)

If you got the "not a selectable mailbox" message, then "Trash" is not a 
file; it is a directory.  The fact that you have two names that appear 
under "Trash" supports this diagnosis.

If you don't want the "Trash" directory or its contents, then from the 
shell do:
 	rm -rf Trash
when connected to the home directory.

Note that the IMAP protocol has no special notion of a "Trash" mailbox.

-- Mark --

http://staff.washington.edu/mrc
Science does not emerge from voting, party politics, or public debate.
Si vis pacem, para bellum.
_______________________________________________
Imap-uw mailing list
[email-masked]
https://mailman1.u.washington.edu/mailman/listinfo/imap-uw