Subject: Question about the handling of umasks

From: Kevin Dwyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2001 16:39:22 -0400 (EDT)

Hey all, has anyone had experience with forcing imapd to create files with
a certain umask?  I have several users accessing the same mailboxes, but
with different usernames.  They are all of the same group and I set up the
directories and files to have group read/write privs.  However, if one
creates a new mailbox (using pine connected to the imapd) it will create
it with perms 600 where 660 would be more appropriate so that all group
members can use that mailbox.  I'm not sure where imapd makes this
decision, so I did attempt a few things like setting the umask in a script
that calls imapd with no luck.  This leads me to believe it's internal.
Any clues would be appreciated.  Thanks.

-- 
------------------------------------------------------------------
 For information about this mailing list, and its archives, see: 
 http://www.washington.edu/imap/c-client-list.html
------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Mark Crispin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2001 15:25:32 -0700 (PDT)

By default, imapd's creates user mailboxes with protection 0600.  Certain
other mailboxes (e.g. in the #shared/ or #public/ namespaces) are created with
other protections.

If you want to change any of these, they are defined in env_unix.c.