Subject: "pseudo messages" from ipop3d

From: lewst <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2000 16:36:55 -0800 (PST)

Greetings,

I'm currently using ipop3d from the Pine 4.10 distribution to provide
POP3 mail service.  All works well except that each time I retrieve
mail through POP3, ipop3d leaves a mail message in my mailbox that
looks like this:

  From: Mail System Internal Data <[email-masked]>
  Subject: DON'T DELETE THIS MESSAGE -- FOLDER INTERNAL DATA
  Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2000 11:25:25 -0500 (EST)

  This text is part of the internal format of your mail folder, and is not
  a real message.  It is created automatically by the mail system software.
  If deleted, important folder data will be lost, and it will be re-created
  with the data reset to initial values.

This is annoying because I have to deal with this message when reading
mail using a command line mailer.  How can I either disable the
generation of this message, or move it out of my mailbox?  I've read
about the `quell-folder-internal-msg' Pine option, but that doesn't
stop ipop3d from creating this message.

(Please CC: me on list followups)

__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Talk to your friends online with Yahoo! Messenger.
http://im.yahoo.com
-- 
------------------------------------------------------------------
 For information about this mailing list, and its archives, see: 
 http://www.washington.edu/imap/c-client-list.html
------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Mark Crispin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2000 16:46:15 -0800 (PST)

That internal message is used to implement POP3 and IMAP unique identifiers
(UID).  Although there is another technique by which POP3 UIDs can be
implemented, that technique is not suitable for IMAP.