Subject: imap 4.1 c-client release

From: "Warren L Brown" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 97 10:07:31 -0500

I have just tapped into this mail list, and assume the following
question has been asked before; but, since I don't know the answer,
I still need to be enlightened.  Thank you very much.

Has anybody set an estimated release date for the C-Client 4.1
code?  If so, when might that me.

------------------------------------------------------------------
[email-masked] -- Voice: 412-276-7716 -- Fax: 412-276-7754
Control Data Systems, Inc.
600 N. Bell Ave, Bldg 1, STE 112D
Carnegie, PA 15106            USA
------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Mark Crispin <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 1997 11:55:05 -0800 (PST)

> code?  If so, when might that me.

If, by "release", you mean "when will the final, forever-unchanging version be
put on the FTP server", then the answer is that it will be released when Pine
4.00 is released.

If, by "release", you mean "when will a version of imap-4.1 be available",
then the answer is that it has been released for quite some time.
	ftp://ftp.cac.washington.edu/mail/imap.tar.Z

It is called imap-4.1.BETA to emphasize the fact that there will still be
updates forthcoming; it is not the final forever-unchanging version.  In other
words, bugs get fixed in the "beta".  Bugs in the final forever-unchanging
version get fixed in the next version.