Subject: [Imap-uw] IMAP \Seen flag behaviour in c-client

From: Mike Schmidt <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 13:01:38 -0400

Hi,

Can anyone explain the automatic behaviour of the IMAP \Seen flag in 
c-client? I notice that sometimes it is set, and sometimes not, even 
though I have not manually set it in any way. (although this may be just 
my impression) Under what conditions does it change automatically, if it 
does, and is there any way to manage this? I'm using c-client for IMAP 
access and trying to manage the synchronization between my mail client 
and the IMAP server. Are there any other flags that are automatically 
managed in some way by c-client?

Thanks very much for any help your can provide. I've found this list 
very useful in the past, and my adventures with c-client are far from over.

Mike
_______________________________________________
Imap-uw mailing list
[email-masked]
https://mailman1.u.washington.edu/mailman/listinfo/imap-uw

---

From: Mark Crispin <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 18:05:35 -0700 (Pacific Daylight Time)

On Wed, 25 May 2005, Mike Schmidt wrote:
> c-client?

The \Seen flag is manipulated in accordance with the requirements of the 
IMAP specification (RFC 3501).

Functions mail_fetch_header(), mail_fetch_text(), and mail_fetch_body() 
all set \Seen automatically unless the FT_PEEK flag is supplied.

As for what the shortcuts (e.g. mail_fetchheader, mail_fetchtext) do, look 
at their definitions in mail.h.  These shortcuts are macros into the real 
functions.  In general, fetching headers in the shortcuts do not set \Seen 
and fetch text/body in the shortcuts set \Seen.

-- Mark --

http://staff.washington.edu/mrc
Science does not emerge from voting, party politics, or public debate.
Si vis pacem, para bellum.
_______________________________________________
Imap-uw mailing list
[email-masked]
https://mailman1.u.washington.edu/mailman/listinfo/imap-uw