Subject: Re: Bounce in c-client

From: Jonas Nielsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2000 19:48:13 +0200

Mark Crispin wrote:

> The way to implement "bounce" is to compose a new message, with the text being
> the RFC822.TEXT and the env->remail being the RFC822.HEADER, e.g.:

>  env->remail = cpystr (mail_fetchheader (stream,msgno));
>  body->contents.text.data =    /* get body of message */
>    cpystr (mail_fetchtext_full (stream,msgno,&body->contents.text.size,NIL));

If i use this the queue contains the correct Resent-* fields like a
bounced mail in a pine mail queue. However when i try to read the queue
using rfc822_parse_msg the resent field of the returned mail is a null
pointer.

How do I (and pine) handle this ?

---

From: Mark Crispin <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2000 12:15:15 -0700 (PDT)

> using rfc822_parse_msg the resent field of the returned mail is a null

The only way to get the ReSent headers is to use mail_fetch_header() with the
"lines" argument, and then process the header lines yourself.  They won't get
placed into the ENVELOPE structure for you.