Subject: IMAP source for redhat 7.0

From: "Irlanda Delgado" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2001 10:51:26 -0600

I forget,

i have r70 and i need IMAP-2000c-10...

I installed openssl-0.9.6b.tar.gz and imap-2000c-10.i386.rpm but imap
generate a error:

error: failed dependencies:
        libcrypto.so.1   is needed by imap-2000c-10
        libssl.so.1   is needed by imap-2000c-10

In compilation openssl only make a link to libcrypto.so and libcrypto.so.0..

what can i do?....

thank you,

Irlanda

-- 
------------------------------------------------------------------
 For information about this mailing list, and its archives, see: 
 http://www.washington.edu/imap/c-client-list.html
------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Kevin Dwyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2001 13:29:11 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 20 Nov 2001, Irlanda Delgado grunted something like:

[Irland] I installed openssl-0.9.6b.tar.gz and imap-2000c-10.i386.rpm but imap
[Irland] generate a error:
[Irland]
[Irland] error: failed dependencies:
[Irland]         libcrypto.so.1   is needed by imap-2000c-10
[Irland]         libssl.so.1   is needed by imap-2000c-10
[Irland]

Irlanda, this is a bit off-topic, but the problem is that you installed
openssl from source and then wanted to install an rpm that depends on
openssl rpm.  Unfortunately, this is the way of Redhat's package manager.
I think you're solution is either to install imap from source, or install
openssl from rpm, or possibly use the --no-deps flag to rpm when
installing imap, which may work if openssl's libraries are in
LD_LIBRARY_PATH or /etc/ld.so.conf.

As I look back and reread this, I realize it's a bit confusing.  My
personal recommendation is to steer clear of RPM's at all costs.

/* Kevin Dwyer                              <[email-masked]> */
/* Network Security Engineer  -=-  Intermedia Communications */