From: Aaron Waller <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 01:14:40 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

In env_unix.c in imap-2002d and probably more code I have not got around
to looking at yet.

It's possible that it has already been addressed in later versions of
imap if it has my apologies.

there is a problem with a syslog function call that can lead to a segfault
under certain conditions.

on line number 632 in env_unix.c

syslog (LOG_NOTICE|LOG_AUTHPRIV,
                   "return status is %s", ret);

should be
		 "return status is %li", ret);

looks like a null pointer is being passed to charecter string. but when
this function is called the data is a long integer.

when this function is called it causes a segfault and possibly could be a
security issue.

any thoughts ?

thanks,
-aaron
-- 
------------------------------------------------------------------
 For information about this mailing list, and its archives, see: 
 http://www.washington.edu/imap/c-client-list.html
------------------------------------------------------------------