Subject: announcing: UW IMAP toolkit version 4.7

From: Mark Crispin <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 1999 10:28:49 -0800 (PST)

Concurrent with the release of Pine 4.21, UW IMAP toolkit version 4.7 is now
in release status:
	ftp://ftp.cac.washington.edu/mail/imap-4.7.tar.Z

This release is a minor maintenance update from version 4.6; the most notable
change being a fix to the "\Seen flag going away" problem.

All sites running UW imapd are strongly encouraged to upgrade to this version.

-- 
-----------------------------------------------------------------
 For information about this mailing list, and its archives, see: 
 http://www.washington.edu/imap/imap-list.html
-----------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Ajay Matai <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 1999 16:48:31 -0800 (PST)

Consider this situation:

MAILSTREAM stream = mail_open(NIL, "INBOX", 0);

mail_status(stream, "some-other-mail-folder", SA_MESSAGES);

The mm_status callback returns the status for the mailbox associated with
the stream instead of the status of the "some-other-mail-folder". I have
tested it with the latest c-client, available with IMAP toolkit 4.7

Is this an expected behavior?

Thanks in advance.

-- 
------------------------------------------------------------------
 For information about this mailing list, and its archives, see: 
 http://www.washington.edu/imap/c-client-list.html
------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Mark Crispin <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 1999 18:40:28 -0800 (Pacific Standard Time)

You are correct, and I will fix this bug.

The only time you should ever give a non-NIL stream argument to
mail_status() is when the stream is an IMAP or NNTP stream.  The bugfix
will be to ignore the stream argument when the stream is not an IMAP or
NNTP stream.

On Wed, 8 Dec 1999, Ajay Matai wrote:
> the stream instead of the status of the "some-other-mail-folder".

-- Mark --

* RCW 19.190 notice: This email address is located in Washington State. *
* Unsolicited commercial email may be billed $500 per message.          *
Science doesnot emerge from voting, party politics, or public debate.