Subject: imap help

From: Meekyung Kim <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 1998 15:22:56 -0500

I have a problem with imap client "APPEND" command
Using telnet, I connected to MS Exchange IMAP server and logined OK.
i.e. I was in Authenticated state.

According to RFC2060 append command parameter description, the literal
(the last parameter) couldn't be the complete message i.e. the header
lines could be omitted.

Therefore, I tried APPEND command as follows

Try #1) A001 append inbox (\Seen) {5} "hello     

	Response: bad protocol Error : "Additional characters at end of
APPEND command

Try #2) A001 append inbox "hello"

	Response : BAD protocol Error: "Expected SPACE not found"

Try #3) A001 append inbox "hello"\015\012

	Response : BAD protocol Error: "Expected SPACE not found"

Try #4) A001 append inbox "hello"\015\012

	Response : BAD protocol Error: "Expected SPACE not found"

Try #5) A001 append inbox "hello\015\012"

	Response : BAD protocol Error: "Expected SPACE not found"
Try #6) A001 append inbox  {7} "hello\015\012"

	Response : Additional characters at end of APPEND command

Try #7) I tried with header according to the example in RGC2060 provides
for APPEND command

	I couldn't get out of the input mode after typing the last line
of the message

Please help me. Thanks in advance.

I