Subject: imapd "Login disabled" errors, FreeBSD 4.7

From: Ralph Dratman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2003 15:58:04 -0400

Hello.

I've been told that this list is the right place to ask questions 
about IMAP authentication problems.

I am running (well, trying to run) imap-uw 2002c1 on FreeBSD 4.7.

I cannot fetch mail via imapd, and keep getting log entries that look like

-------------
imapd[12345]: Login disabled  user=joe  auth=joe  host=abc.def.com
-------------

I've tried various build options, but can't seem to make any progress 
with this issue. I've been running POP and SMTP servers here for 
several years, but the authorization issues seem to be more complex 
for imap.

Can anyone offer specific advice, or else point me to some kind of 
book or tutorial material?

Thank you.

Regards,

Ralph
-- 
------------------------------------------------------------------
 For information about this mailing list, and its archives, see: 
 http://www.washington.edu/imap/c-client-list.html
------------------------------------------------------------------