Subject: Server certificate

From: "Eric Schreuder" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2003 15:55:50 +0100

Hi list,

We have developed a crypto application, which uses c-client for its mail
functionality. We want to enable SSL/TLS support for mail. But our app needs
to have some kind of control over the quality of the connection. So it does
not want to blindly trust the third parties (MS, OpenSSL) trust environment,
but wants to check the server certificate itself.

Question: is there any functionality in c-client to get to the server
certificate that is associated with the SSL/TLS connection? For example to
build something like the keylock in browsers (doubleclicking it shows the
certificate contents).

Regards,
Eric Schreuder

-- 
------------------------------------------------------------------
 For information about this mailing list, and its archives, see: 
 http://www.washington.edu/imap/c-client-list.html
------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Mark Crispin <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2003 08:45:28 -0800 (PST)

On Fri, 17 Jan 2003, Eric Schreuder wrote:
> certificate that is associated with the SSL/TLS connection?

There is no such functionality in c-client, but it probably would not be
hard to add it.  You would need to modify the ssl_unix.c for Unix and the
corresponding files on Windows to do this.

-- Mark --

http://staff.washington.edu/mrc
Science does not emerge from voting, party politics, or public debate.