Subject: Re[2]: SSL connection error

From: Vadim Zeitlin <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 10:18:23 +0200 (CET)

On Wed, 17 Apr 2002 16:57:44 -0700 (Pacific Daylight Time) Mark Crispin <[email-masked]> wrote:

MC> On Wed, 17 Apr 2002, Vadim Zeitlin wrote:
MC> >  could you please have a look at this bug report:
MC> >         http://mahogany.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/show_bug.cgi?id=632
...
MC> Error 80090302 is SEC_E_UNSUPPORTED_FUNCTION.

 Hello,

 Sorry to bother you once again with this question but I've got an update
(see also the URL above):

------- Additional Comments From [email-masked]  2002-04-21 22:40 -------
As mentioned in the OS-Field, I use Win XP. Other MUA like PINE, Mozilla or
Outlook work fine in SSL/IMAP Mode. I can't believe that my Windows is "ancient
version" and has no SSL Library.

 So it seems like something is really wrong with Mahogany itself (if Pine
works...) but I can't think of anything at all I could be doing wrong -
and, needless to say, SSL does work fine for me and many others under both
Windows and Unix. If you have any ideas about what could cause this
problem, I'd appreciate if you could share them.

 Thank you again!
VZ

---

From: Mark Crispin <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 10:07:22 -0700 (PDT)

On Mon, 22 Apr 2002 10:18:23 +0200 (CET), Vadim Zeitlin wrote:
> ------- Additional Comments From [email-masked]  2002-04-21 22:40
> > As mentioned in the OS-Field, I use Win XP. Other MUA like PINE, Mozilla
> > or Outlook work fine in SSL/IMAP Mode. I can't believe that my Windows is
> > "ancient version" and has no SSL Library.

Right; if he is using WinXP then he certainly should have a current version of
Microsoft SSPI!

The problem with dinoware SSPI was with un-updated Win95 and first edition
Win98, and that's the only time I've seen this problem before.  The fellow who
had that problem the last time was very aggressive about refusing to update IE
on his machine.

> Windows and Unix.

Yes, I agree.  I don't know what Mahogany could be doing to cause that problem
in Pine, since the SSL code used by both Mahogany and Pine is carefully
isolated in c-client.  The only other possibility is that something is broken
in the copy of c-client that you have.

I think that your next step should be to give him a copy of mtest.exe built
with the version of c-client that you're using, along with instructions of how
to use it.

If mtest works OK, then the next thing that I'd suggest is that you look to
see if there is some way that you could be causing the SSPI DLLs to be
unloaded.  Also check to make sure that you're using the proper linkage.c
generated by c-client and not some version of your own.