Subject: IMAP server and Netscape 4.0?

From: Aaron Siri <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 1997 10:42:32 -0700

I was wondering if there were any known problems with accesing the UW
IMAP server from the Netscape 4.0 client.  I have the IMAP server (used
only for personal mail) running on an SGI workstation.  I access this
server from a couple of PCs and from the same SGI workstation, all using
Netscape 4.0.  The mail readers on the PCs seem to be working fine, but
the mail readers on the SGI has problems (saying that there aren't any
knew messages when there really are, etc.).  I was wondering if there
could be problems with any of the following:

* The fact that I'm trying to access the server from the same machine
that the server is on.
* Netscape Messenger 4.0 for UNIX doesn't work.
* There are some known problems with the UW IMAP server.

Any insight or experience would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

-Aaron

-- 
Aaron Siri                          mailto:[email-masked]
Cosmo Software                       phone:   (415) 933-3967
A Silicon Graphics Company             fax:   (415) 932-3967
******************* http://cosmo.sgi.com *******************