Subject: BODY[]<o.s> fetching

From: John-Paul Robinson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2000 09:02:38 -0500

Is there a way to get mail_partial_body() to execute the IMAP fetch
BODY[]<o.s> command, where the section is empty, o is the offset, and s
is the size?  It appears that c-client doesn't send 'BODY[]' commands,
where the section is not included.  mail_partial_body() appears to only
accept explicit section numbers and will not produce a blank section
specifier. 

This behavior appears to make it necessary to call mail_fetch_header()
to grab the header and then mail_partial_text() to read the message text
in blocks.  That is, one can't just get the RFC822 size of the message
and then step through the message in chunks.

BTW, is a loop on the message size the appropriate way to read a message
in chunks or should on set a global in the mailgets function that
indicates the end of message?

Thanks,

John-Paul
-- 
------------------------------------------------------------------
 For information about this mailing list, and its archives, see: 
 http://www.washington.edu/imap/c-client-list.html
------------------------------------------------------------------