Subject: Setting IMAP/POP3 ports

From: "Hullatti, Manjula" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2001 17:35:56 -0500

Hi Mark,

This is about setting the IMAP/POP3 ports if they are running on ports
otherthan
143/110. I understand that using mail_parameters function with SET_IMAPPORT
and SET_POP3PORT, it can be achived. But I don't know how to use it because
it takes MAILSTREAM which is got by mail_open. And when I do mail_open
without
any port numer, its defaulted to 143 and IMAP connection is opened.

Regards,
Manjula 
-- 
------------------------------------------------------------------
 For information about this mailing list, and its archives, see: 
 http://www.washington.edu/imap/c-client-list.html
------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Vadim Zeitlin <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2001 01:37:39 +0200 (Romance Daylight Time)

On Thu, 26 Jul 2001 17:35:56 -0500 "Hullatti, Manjula" <[email-masked]> wrote:

HM> I understand that using mail_parameters function with SET_IMAPPORT
HM> and SET_POP3PORT, it can be achived. But I don't know how to use it
HM> because it takes MAILSTREAM which is got by mail_open.

 I think you can call it with NULL MAILSTREAM. However it changes the
default IMAP port number which doesn't seem very useful and is probably not
what you need.

HM> And when I do mail_open without any port numer, its defaulted to 143
HM> and IMAP connection is opened.

 You can just append the port number to the hostname: "imap.some.where:10143"

 HTH,
VZ

---

From: Mark Crispin <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2001 16:45:21 -0700 (PDT)

On Thu, 26 Jul 2001 17:35:56 -0500, Hullatti, Manjula wrote:
> it takes MAILSTREAM which is got by mail_open.

It is permitted for the stream argument to be NIL for SET_IMAPPORT and
SET_POP3PORT.