Subject: Re: ipop[23]d and NIS+?

From: [email-masked] (Jim Seymour)
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2003 15:14:22 -0500 (EST)

[snip]
> 
> If Pegasus is not using SSL or TLS encryption, that is probably the
> problem; the default build does not allow plaintext password
> authentication except in SSL or TLS encrypted sessions.

I was just getting to those bits in the docs/BUILD file.  That's
most likely it.  Thanks.

> 
> If you gave the exact text of the error message from the server, it'd be
> possible to determine this for sure.

A 'snoop" revealed "-ERR Unknown AUTHORIZATION state command."  Is
this what you're looking for?

I imagine I need to rebuild with "SSLTYPE=none" to "fix" this?

Thanks,
Jim
-- 
Jim Seymour                  | PGP Public Key available at:
[email-masked]         | http://www.uk.pgp.net/pgpnet/pks-commands.html
http://jimsun.LinxNet.com    |

---

From: [email-masked] (Jim Seymour)
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2003 15:44:47 -0500 (EST)

[snip]

That was it all right, Mark.  Sorry to bother the list with something
that was documented :(.  And thanks again for the help.

Thanks,
Jim