Subject: Build question

From: Niklas Fondberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2004 10:47:25 +0200

I'm building the c-client for an embedded linux system and I'm wondering 
about some things:
(By make option: make slx SSLTYPE=none)
1. It seems that the library builds with RSHPATH=/usr/bin/rsh BUT I'm 
building without SSL. Can I disable RSH in any way?
2. I want to use the library for a simple pop3/imap/smtp email client, 
what options do I have to  the smallest library possible?

-- 
Niklas Fondberg
Development Manager, User Interfaces
i3 Micro Technology AB

-- 
------------------------------------------------------------------
 For information about this mailing list, and its archives, see: 
 http://www.washington.edu/imap/c-client-list.html
------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Mark Crispin <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2004 09:00:21 -0700 (PDT)

> building without SSL. Can I disable RSH in any way?

SSL and RSH are completely independent of each other.  If your embedded 
device does not have RSH installed, then the RSH code is ignored.

> 2. I want to use the library for a simple pop3/imap/smtp email client, what 
> options do I have to  the smallest library possible?

You won't gain much space if POP3 is a requirement.  POP3 needs all the 
local file support in the main c-client modules (including the Unicode 
support).  You could delete the local file drivers, but those may be 
useful even in an embedded device and aren't all that large.

-- Mark --

http://staff.washington.edu/mrc
Science does not emerge from voting, party politics, or public debate.
Si vis pacem, para bellum.

---

From: Niklas Fondberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2004 09:40:08 +0200

Mark Crispin wrote:

> SSL and RSH are completely independent of each other.  If your 
> embedded device does not have RSH installed, then the RSH code is 
> ignored.
>
Is this a compile time or a runtime ignore?

---

From: Mark Crispin <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2004 09:37:04 -0700 (PDT)

> Is this a compile time or a runtime ignore?

It's runtime.  But I doubt that you'll save more than a trivial amount of 
memory.

-- Mark --