Subject: INBOX folder under Windows?

From: Vadim Zeitlin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 1999 18:33:43 +0100 (MET)

Hello,

 sorry for a naive question, but what is the meaning of INBOX
folder under Windows (Win32 to be exact)? I.e., what is the
difference between it and any other folder, what could it be
used for? I guess for it to be not completely useless, I have
to configure it somehow - is this true?

 TIA,
VZ

-- 
------------------------------------------------------------------
 For information about this mailing list, and its archives, see: 
 http://www.washington.edu/imap/c-client-list.html
------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Mark Crispin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 1999 12:18:41 -0800 (Pacific Standard Time)

> to configure it somehow - is this true?

If you are talking about the local INBOX (not on an IMAP server), it is
just a mailbox called INBOX in the "home directory" (which is defined
under NT, and inferred under Win9x).

In general, unless you have an NT-based IMAP server, INBOX doesn't really
mean anything.