Subject: mbx as a default

From: Kevin Dwyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2001 11:18:22 -0400 (EDT)

Sorry to keep bothering the list, but another question arose.  I'm not
completely sure if this would be better asked in the pine-info list, but I
have reason to think it belongs here.  Essentially, when I create
mailboxes on the IMAP server I want the type to default to mbx, instead of
having to type out something like #driver.mbx/~username/mail/newmailbox
Is this actually an issue with the setup of Pine?  Or can I modify the
source of the IMAP server and have it exhibit this behavior.  If it is in
fact a Pine issue, I'd appreciate any help, but I'll take it to the
pine-info list for sure.

Thanks.
-kevin

-- 
------------------------------------------------------------------
 For information about this mailing list, and its archives, see: 
 http://www.washington.edu/imap/c-client-list.html
------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Mark Crispin <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2001 09:19:28 -0700 (PDT)

On Wed, 16 May 2001 11:18:22 -0400 (EDT), Kevin Dwyer wrote:
> I'm not
> have reason to think it belongs here.

This is the correct place to ask such questions.  Thank you!

> Essentially, when I create

The simple answer is to rebuild the IMAP server, after first editing the
imap-????/src/osdep/unix/Makefile so that CREATEPROTO=mbxproto instead of
unixproto.

A more detailed answer can be found in the FAQ in the imap-2001 beta tarball:
	ftp://ftp.cac.washington.edu/mail/imap.tar.Z