Subject: Total refresh of the stream

From: Jess Nielsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2003 09:42:58 +0100

Hi there

I'm looking for a way that will refresh the entire screen and cache as 
well.

I have tried to use mail_open() 
but unfortunately this will result in other problems in my app.

stream = mail_open(stream, OP_EXPUNGE);
stream = mail_open(stream, NIL);

Both of them is causing problems later on in my app. so I need
a way to refresh and flush my application without reopening it.

I'm hoping for a soon reply.

Thanks in regards,
Jess

-- 
------------------------------------------------------------------
 For information about this mailing list, and its archives, see: 
 http://www.washington.edu/imap/c-client-list.html
------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Mark Crispin <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2003 07:43:15 -0600 (Central Standard Time)

> I'm looking for a way that will refresh the entire screen and cache as

What is it that you wish to accomplish?  What do you mean by a "total
refresh"?

Since IMAP is a stateful protocol, there is generally no reason why you
would want to do the type of "refresh" operation that you need to do with
web pages or NFS.

More to the point; the only reasons why you need to call mail_open() again
is if you want to open a different mailbox or if the IMAP session got
broken and the stream is dead.  If you have a live stream open on the
mailbox that you want, there should be no reason to "refresh" it.

So, you may confused; I certainly am with your question.  I suspect that
you observed a problem, you think that the solution is to "refresh", and
are getting yourself deeper into trouble.  If this is the case, then what
you should do is re-examine the underlying issue.

-- Mark --

http://staff.washington.edu/mrc
Science does not emerge from voting, party politics, or public debate.
Si vis pacem, para bellum.