Subject: Install IMAP for webmail

From: Yveline LEBRUN <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 15:31:13 +0100

Hello,

I  installed IMAP2003.DEV.SNAP-0312072251 on the mail server on Solaris7 
who works usually with POP.

On the web server on Solaris8, I installed the same version (client). In 
this server was installed Apache_1.3.29, PHP-4.3.1, Mysql-4.0.17 and for 
the webmail I installed Horde-2.2.1 and IMP-3.2.1.

All it's OK except IMAP client on the webmail in theses functions :
- backup of the messages on the client (PC or station),
- download of the attachments on the client (PC or station),
- display of the attachments when they are .doc or .xls... When they are 
.html .jpg .jpeg, they appear in the body of the message.

It seems that it is a problem of header in IMAP.

After many many tests, I think that it's a problem with IMAP because I test 
webmail configuring /horde/imp/config/servers.php with POP and all is OK in 
fact the download and display of attachments and the backup of the messages 
on the client.

Some examples of messages when I try open or download attachments :

Dans le fichier /var/adm/messages :
Feb 10 11:25:17 procyon httpd[1424]: [ID 746981 user.alert] IMAP toolkit crash:
Bad msgno 5 in mail_elt, nmsgs = 4
Feb 10 11:25:42 procyon httpd[1412]: [ID 746981 user.alert] IMAP toolkit crash:
Bad msgno 5 in mail_elt, nmsgs = 4
Feb 10 11:25:45 procyon httpd[1409]: [ID 746981 user.alert] IMAP toolkit crash:

Dans le fichier /space/apache/logs/error_log :
[Tue Feb 10 11:19:13 2004] [notice] child pid 1354 exit signal Abort (6)
[Tue Feb 10 11:19:15 2004] [notice] child pid 1374 exit signal Abort (6)
couldn't set locale correctly
couldn't set locale correctly

Some examples of warning when I try "save as" a message :

Warning: imap_header(): Bad message number in
/space/home0/www/htdocs/horde-2.2.1/imp-3.2.1/view.php on line 94

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output
started at /space/home0/www/htdocs/horde-2.2.1/imp-3.2.1/view.php:94) in
/space/home0/www/htdocs/horde-2.2.1/imp-3.2.1/lib/Browser.php on line 70

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output
started at /space/home0/www/htdocs/horde-2.2.1/imp-3.2.1/view.php:94) in
/space/home0/www/htdocs/horde-2.2.1/imp-3.2.1/lib/Browser.php on line 76

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output
started at /space/home0/www/htdocs/horde-2.2.1/imp-3.2.1/view.php:94) in
/space/home0/www/htdocs/horde-2.2.1/imp-3.2.1/lib/Browser.php on line 87
 >From <> Thu Jan 01 01:00:00 1970 X-UIDL: 4>'!!QF?!d&i"!PIM!! Received: from
mx1.tuxfamily.net (localhost [127.0.0.1]) by servlabo.ivry.cnrs.fr
(8.11.7p1+Sun/jtpda-5.3.2) with ESMTP id i1AAmXK08786 for ; Tue,
10 Feb 2004 11:48:33 +0100 (MET) Received: from www-data by mx1.tuxfamily.net
with local (Exim 3.35 #1) id 1AqVRR-00049K-00 for [email-masked]; Tue, 10
Feb 2004 11:48:33 +0100 Received: from
host.40.163.23.62.rev.coltfrance.com (host.40.163.23.62.rev.coltfrance.com
[62.23.163.40]) by webmail.tuxfamily.org (IMP) with HTTP for ; Tue, 10 Feb 2004
11:48:33 +0100 Message-ID:
<[email-masked]> Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 
11:48:33
+0100 From: =?iso-8859-1?b?U+liYXN0aWVu?= CORBEAU To: Yveline LEBRUN Subject:
Re: Installation webmail et
excuses References: <[email-masked]>
In-Reply-To: <[email-masked]>
MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: text/plain;
charset=ISO-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit User-Agent: Internet
Messaging Program (IMP) 3.2 X-Originating-IP: 62.23.163.40 Sender: www-data
Content-Length: 1498 Selon Yveline LEBRUN : >

Can you help me to resolve this problem ?

Many thanks.

Yveline LEBRUN
Tél : 01 49 60 41 75

---

From: Mark Crispin <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 08:23:21 -0800 (PST)

The messages which you are getting are consistant with trying to access a 
mesage which does not exist (e.g., message 5 in a mailbox with only 4 
messages).  If you have a core dump from any of those "IMAP toolkit crash" 
messages, a stack trace of that dump with gdb/dbx should show what routine 
called mail_elt() and ultimately point at what attempted to access the 
non-existant message.

-- Mark --

http://staff.washington.edu/mrc
Science does not emerge from voting, party politics, or public debate.
Si vis pacem, para bellum.