Subject: Grepmail that works over imap?

From: Marc MERLIN <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2001 15:43:07 -0800

I have some mutt users, and mutt is now getting half decent imap support.

One thing it does is when you do pattern matching in the body, it physically
downloads all the  messages and does the search itself  instead of using the
search function in the imap protocol (like netscape would)

Another thing is that I have some users who keep their mailboxes in mbox
format in their homedir (instead of MBX on the server) because they want to
be able to run 
grepmail pattern ~/Mail/*

Hence, the  question: do  you know  of a unix  program that  can efficiently
connect to an imap  server and use the builtin search  function to get mails
that match a pattern.
Bonus points if it does ssl/tls :-)

Marc
-- 
Microsoft is to operating systems & security ....
                                      .... what McDonalds is to gourmet cooking
  
Home page: http://marc.merlins.org/   |   Finger [email-masked] for PGP key
-- 
------------------------------------------------------------------
 For information about this mailing list, and its archives, see: 
 http://www.washington.edu/imap/c-client-list.html
------------------------------------------------------------------