Subject: Mailbox Format in #Shared

From: "Stephan Zehrer" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2001 22:45:33 +0200

Hi,
i have a simpel question,

when i create a mailbox in a shared folder with my imap client
i creat default the standard unix format (is this correct ? )
why ?

it is typical for shared folder that more people read there messages.

What i have to do to change this ?
Simple chage the default mail type ?
When yes .. this has no effect for the
other mailboxes ? 

thx

bye Steve

-- 
------------------------------------------------------------------
 For information about this mailing list, and its archives, see: 
 http://www.washington.edu/imap/c-client-list.html
------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Mark Crispin <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2001 13:53:11 -0700 (PDT)

> i creat default the standard unix format (is this correct ? )

It doesn't matter where a mailbox is created; the default format is always
used.

> Simple chage the default mail type ?

Yes.

> When yes .. this has no effect for the

Changing the default format (CREATEPROTO) changes it for all newly-created
mailboxes.  It does not affect existing mailboxes.