Subject: Possible to set the PAM service name in pam_start?

From: Alan Thew <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2003 11:45:26 +0100 (BST)

It would be very useful if I could do this but it doesn't seem possible
in imap-2002c1 on Solaris? Has anyone tried or have any pointers?

I've tried setting what appears to be the default in mail.c (from
"unknown" but that doesn't work).

Thanks

-- 
Alan Thew                                       [email-masked]
Computing Services,University of Liverpool      Fax: +44 151 794-4442
-- 
------------------------------------------------------------------
 For information about this mailing list, and its archives, see: 
 http://www.washington.edu/imap/c-client-list.html
------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Mark Crispin <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2003 16:26:26 -0700 (Pacific Daylight Time)

> in imap-2002c1 on Solaris? Has anyone tried or have any pointers?

The service name (used by PAM and other things) is set up by each server
at startup with the server_init() call.

-- Mark --

http://staff.washington.edu/mrc
Science does not emerge from voting, party politics, or public debate.
Si vis pacem, para bellum.