Subject: Format of mbx mailbox

From: "Master" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2000 11:16:25 -0400

Where can I find a description of the MBX Mailbox Format.
Mohammed Master
University of Ottawa.
-- 
------------------------------------------------------------------
 For information about this mailing list, and its archives, see: 
 http://www.washington.edu/imap/c-client-list.html
------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Mark Crispin <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2000 10:30:26 -0700 (PDT)

> Where can I find a description of the MBX Mailbox Format.

Other than the sources, there is no description of the mbx format.

In general, I discourage people from writing software to manipulate mbx format
mailboxes.  I recommend that instead, they use c-client.  That way guarantees
interoperability and data integrity, particularly as mbx format uses database
type operations.  If an external implementation gets the locking or update
logic wrong, the result is likely to be damage to the file.

If you like, I can give you a general overview of the format.