Subject: question about mail box folders or directories....

From: Oskar Teran <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2003 13:33:19 -0500

hello,
I have to migrate a user from a few huge .pst files to a redhat server 
running uw-imap and postfix.  The .pst files are setup with a large 
amount of email folders each with sub-directories.  I've read the format 
file in the docs section...according to that, you can make a directory 
and then email boxes under that directory, but the directory can't be an 
email box too.
So, I'm thinking of redoing the .pst layout to an alphabetical one and 
then make all the sub-directories using the users info. from the .pst 
folders. 
Does this seem like the most efficient way of doing this?  I have the 
imap book from oreilly and that book suggests that if you need this sort 
of layout Cyrus is better suited.  I really don't want to change the 
email server!  Can anyone share any experiences dealing with this sort 
of thing or if there are any links do docs about this sort of thing that 
would be great!

Thanks,

Oskar

-- 
------------------------------------------------------------------
 For information about this mailing list, and its archives, see: 
 http://www.washington.edu/imap/c-client-list.html
------------------------------------------------------------------