Subject: MAILER_FLAGS for tmail (from sendmail)

From: Chris Ross <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Nov 2004 18:48:20 -0500

When reconfiguring sendmail (8.12) to use tmail for local delivery
to MBX format mailboxes, I used the following in my server.mc file:

dnl Use tmail as the local mailer.  Use the local_procmail feature, just
dnl because it seems to be intended to be used for programs other than
dnl procmail, according to the README.  Set EOL to \r\n for tmail,
dnl because it seems to need it.
define(`LOCAL_MAILER_EOL', `\r\n')
FEATURE(`local_procmail', `/usr/pkg/bin/tmail', `tmail $u', `Prn+')

   The last arg to the local_procmail feature is the mailer flags.
The default is 'SPfhn9', but the docs for tmail and various web
pages seem to suggest that 'Prn+' is the right thing.  I know
I should look this up in a sendmail book (if I had one), but can
you briefly describe what these do, why 'r' and '+' are wanted
for tmail, and why each/any of 'S','f','h', and '9' are not?

   Thanks...

                              - Chris
-- 
------------------------------------------------------------------
 For information about this mailing list, and its archives, see: 
 http://www.washington.edu/imap/c-client-list.html
------------------------------------------------------------------