Subject: multipart / body structure

From: "DINH V. Hoà" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 Nov 2000 00:50:12 +0000

when I fetch body structure using :

(1)      env = mail_fetchstructure(stream, selected, &body);

(2)      msg = mail_fetch_text(stream, selected, NULL, &len, 0);

for imap4 or pop3 protocols, problems happen while for 
nntp and local file there results are correct.

the offsets / lengths of the different
parts of the body are set to 0 for imap4 protocol.

the offsets and lengths of the different
parts of the body are wrong for pop3 protocol.

(I suppose the corresponding body is msg).

-- 
Hoa
-- 
------------------------------------------------------------------
 For information about this mailing list, and its archives, see: 
 http://www.washington.edu/imap/c-client-list.html
------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Mark Crispin <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 5 Nov 2000 21:43:25 -0800 (PST)

> parts of the body are wrong for pop3 protocol.

If by "offsets and lengths" you are referring to
	body->contents.offset
	body->contents.text.size
you are referencing c-client internal data which application programs MUST NOT
use.  The use of these data is driver specific.  Some drivers don't use it at
all.  Some drivers use it in one way, some use it in another.

You may only use
	body->size.bytes
	body->size.lines
in your application programs.