Subject: c-client with apache

From: "Terry BD7NQ" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2001 18:18:17 +0800

I install php4pl1 and apache_1.3.19 in FreeBSD 4.2.
I succeed install c-client and php4pl1.
c-client install path is /usr/local/lib and /usr/local/include/c-client,
php4pl1 use
./configure --with-mysql --with-apache=../apache_1.3.19 --with-gd --with-ima
p
configure command. Ok, the go on to install the apache, after I enter
command
./configure --prefix=/usr/local/httpd --activate-module=src/modules/php4/lib
php4.a
then I got the following message,

== Begin ===
www#
./configure --prefix=/usr/local/httpd --activate-module=src/modules/php4/lib
php4.a
Configuring for Apache, Version 1.3.19
 + using installation path layout: Apache (config.layout)
 + activated php4 module (modules/php4/libphp4.a)
Creating Makefile
Creating Configuration.apaci in src
Creating Makefile in src
 + configured for FreeBSD 4.2 platform
 + setting C compiler to gcc
 + setting C pre-processor to gcc -E
 + checking for system header files
 + adding selected modules
    o php4_module uses ConfigStart/End
 + checking sizeof various data types
 + doing sanity check on compiler and options
** A test compilation with your Makefile configuration
** failed.  The below error output from the compilation
** test will give you an idea what is failing. Note that
** Apache requires an ANSI C Compiler, such as gcc.

cd ..;
gcc  -funsigned-char -I/home/liang/software/php-4.0.4pl1 -I/home/liang/softw
are/php-4.0.4pl1/main -I/home/liang/software/php-4.0.4pl1/main -I/home/liang
/software/php-4.0.4pl1/Zend -I/home/liang/software/php-4.0.4pl1/Zend -I/home
/liang/software/php-4.0.4pl1/TSRM -I/home/liang/software/php-4.0.4pl1/TSRM -
I/home/liang/software/php-4.0.4pl1 -DUSE_EXPAT -I./lib/expat-lite -DNO_DL_NE
EDED `./apaci`     -o helpers/dummy
elpers/dummy.c   -R/usr/local/lib  -rdynamic -L/usr/local/lib -Lmodules/php4
 -L../modules/php4 -L../../modules/php4 -lmodphp4  -lpam -lc-client4  -lttf
-lgd -lm -lcrypt    -lcrypt
/usr/local/lib/libc-client4.so: undefined reference to `mm_expunged'
/usr/local/lib/libc-client4.so: undefined reference to `mm_diskerror'
/usr/local/lib/libc-client4.so: undefined reference to `mm_lsub'
/usr/local/lib/libc-client4.so: undefined reference to `mm_flags'
/usr/local/lib/libc-client4.so: undefined reference to `mm_fatal'
/usr/local/lib/libc-client4.so: undefined reference to `mm_nocritical'
/usr/local/lib/libc-client4.so: undefined reference to `mm_notify'
/usr/local/lib/libc-client4.so: undefined reference to `mm_searched'
/usr/local/lib/libc-client4.so: undefined reference to `mm_status'
/usr/local/lib/libc-client4.so: undefined reference to `mm_login'
/usr/local/lib/libc-client4.so: undefined reference to `mm_list'
/usr/local/lib/libc-client4.so: undefined reference to `mm_critical'
/usr/local/lib/libc-client4.so: undefined reference to `mm_exists'
/usr/local/lib/libc-client4.so: undefined reference to `mm_log'
/usr/local/lib/libc-client4.so: undefined reference to `mm_dlog'
*** Error code 1

Stop in /home/liang/software/apache_1.3.19/src/helpers.
======== Error Output for sanity check ========
============= End of Error Report =============

 Aborting!
== End ==

Any help is welcome!

Terry Bd7nq

-- 
------------------------------------------------------------------
 For information about this mailing list, and its archives, see: 
 http://www.washington.edu/imap/c-client-list.html
------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Mark Crispin <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2001 10:04:27 -0700 (PDT)

Those undefined references to mm_??? functions are all c-client callbacks to
the main program.  PHP4 is supposed to provide these; I suggest checking with
the support people for PHP4.

---

From: Yiorgos Adamopoulos <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 May 2001 17:50:52 +0300

> ./configure --with-mysql --with-apache=../apache_1.3.19 --with-gd --with-ima

This is the correction to your configure lin, or at least this is how it
works for me:

./configure --with-mysql --with-apache=../apache_1.3.19 \
	--with-gd --with-imap=`pwd`/../imap-VERSION-HERE/

Prior to running configure on the PHP directory I have built c-client.
--with-imap in fact needs the full (from /) pathname to the imap
sources.