Subject: Problems deleting message in a local MBOX folder

From: Raul Dias <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 1999 16:42:44 -0300 (EST)

Sorry for my last post.  There was a bug in my MUA.

I am trying to delete a message from a local mailbox using C-Client's
Perl binding.

I use the command:

$cclient_stream->setflag("$message_row", "\Deleted");

But it sets:
	X-Keywords: Deleted

If I set '\anystring' as the flag, this will become the X-Keyword.
When I do a:
	$cclient_stream->expunge;

nothing happens.  

I have the callbacks set.
It is a local MBOX file.
The library (C-Client) is working. 

So,  what is the correct way to set a message as deleted?

I am writting a GTK based MUA, and this is where I am stucked now.

Sorry if this is too obvious.

Best Regards,

Raul Dias

-- 
------------------------------------------------------------------
 For information about this mailing list, and its archives, see: 
 http://www.washington.edu/imap/c-client-list.html
------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Mark Crispin <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 1999 12:48:34 -0700 (PDT)

The most likely explanation is that Perl is trying the \ as a quoting
character, so you need to use \\Deleted instead of \Deleted.