Subject: How to get .newsrc updated?

From: Karsten Ballueder <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 1999 18:17:07 +0000 (GMT)

Hello,
I have a problem with access to NNTP newsgroups.
I can display them correctly in my program and when I access the message
contents, nntp_flagmsg() gets called which seems to mark the message as
seen (so I think??).

However, when I close the mail stream, LOCAL->dirty is false and the
.newsrc file does not get updated.

How do I correctly mark messages so that they will not show up again next
time and .newsrc gets updated? Marking them as deleted doesn't seem to
help either.

Thanks a lot in advance!
--
 Karsten Ballüder http://www.phy.hw.ac.uk/~karsten/ mailto:[email-masked]
 Physics Department, Heriot-Watt University, Edinburgh, EH14 4AS, Scotland
                     Tel. +44-(0)-131-4513068  Fax. +44-(0)-131-4513136
           "In a world without fences, who needs Gates?"  

-- 
------------------------------------------------------------------
 For information about this mailing list, and its archives, see: 
 http://www.washington.edu/imap/c-client-list.html
------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Mark Crispin <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 1999 10:44:15 -0800 (PST)

> time and .newsrc gets updated? Marking them as deleted doesn't seem to

The way to do it is to mark the messages as deleted.

Try reading a newsgroup through mtest and it if deleting a message works
there, the problem is in your code someplace.