Subject: any (free) Web clients out there ?

From: Andrew Daviel <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 May 2000 11:56:31 -0700 (PDT)

Are there any webmail packages available that would work with
Linux/sendmail/imapd ?

One of our users wanted a way to read mail from different computers around
the site. I think they just want to "borrow" a browser session so don't
want to tinker with preferences to run IMAP properly.

I had a look at the Java Webmail system, but it seems to need 50Mb of RAM
to run properly and I wasn't having much luck.

I was thinking of some kind of CGI program. I could probably build one
using the Perl Mail::Cclient from CPAN but wondered if it already exists.

Andrew Daviel, TRIUMF, Canada

-- 
------------------------------------------------------------------
 For information about this mailing list, and its archives, see: 
 http://www.washington.edu/imap/c-client-list.html
------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Ricardo Stella <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 May 2000 16:44:43 -0400

Two AFAIK:  imp and wing.  For more, look at www.imap.org.

Both are kind of heavy in requirements and not ready for production
IMHO.  But actually there's not even much available even commercial.

There's another one free banner based I think...

-- 
------------------------------------------------------------------
 Ricardo Stella                                  O.I.T.
 (609)896-5000 x7436           _suAve_           Rider University
  *** Remove 'no-spam' from e-mail address before replying.  ***