Subject: LATT_NOINFERIORS never set for the news groups in mm_list

From: Vadim Zeitlin <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2000 18:19:48 +0200 (CEST)

Hello,

 it seems that cclient never sets this flag for the newsgroups
at all (it does set LATT_NOSELECT) which can be seen just by
running mtest and doing "f {news/nttp}...whatever...%".

 This is annoying as I'm using this function to build a tree
of newsgroups and I'd like to use this flag to decide whether
this tree should have a branch for each new folder returned
by mm_list or just an item, so I wonder if something can be
done about it or, if not, if someone else has found a way around
this?

 Thanks,
VZ
-- 
------------------------------------------------------------------
 For information about this mailing list, and its archives, see: 
 http://www.washington.edu/imap/c-client-list.html
------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Mark Crispin <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2000 22:22:03 -0700 (PDT)

> running mtest and doing "f {news/nttp}...whatever...%".

This is correct.  You have misunderstood the meaning of LATT_NOINFERIORS.

LATT_NOINFERIORS means that the newsgroup can not have inferiors; not that the
newsgroup does not have any inferiors.  Note the difference between "can not"
and "does not".

Since an inferior can be added to a newsgroup at any time, LATT_NOINFERIORS is
never set for any newsgroup.

A different facility, the CHILD facility, would indicate the presence or
absence of inferiors.  This is not yet implemented in c-client, but will in a
future version.