Subject: question regarding ipop3d

From: "Terry Davis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 May 2001 23:45:41 -0500

I am not sure if I am on the correct mailing list but I guessed so since
pop3 is distrubited with imap.

v2001.76   vs  v7.64

There is an obvious difference but what is the versioning scheme?  haha, am
i 1,994 releases behind?! :)

Thanks for any insight.
Terry

-- 
------------------------------------------------------------------
 For information about this mailing list, and its archives, see: 
 http://www.washington.edu/imap/c-client-list.html
------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Mark Crispin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 May 2001 21:55:34 -0700 (PDT)

> i 1,994 releases behind?! :)

Starting with the year 2000, the numeric form of the major software version
matches the year of release.  Subsequent releases the same year will have a
ascending letter appended to it, e.g. 2000a, 2000b, 2000c, etc.

---

From: "Terry Davis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 May 2001 00:00:23 -0500

omg, am I using one that old?

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark Crispin [mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf
Of Mark Crispin
Sent: Tuesday, May 08, 2001 11:56 PM
To: Terry Davis
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: re: question regarding ipop3d

---

From: Mark Crispin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 May 2001 22:08:43 -0700 (PDT)

> omg, am I using one that old?

Yes, 7.64 is from November 1999.