Subject: [Imap-uw] Compile Error

From: Martin Weil <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2005 22:16:26 +0200

Hi there!

I am trying to compile uw imap 2004d from source on a debian sarge  
system.

I downloaded UW Imap from the servers and extracted it.

I tried to compile it with the following command
Before that I checked the Makefile if everything is allright, which  
is true. So I changed nothing.

make ldb

this is the important last part of the output...

`cat CCTYPE` -c `cat CFLAGS` `cat OSCFLAGS` -c osdep.c
osdep.c:71:31: security/pam_appl.h: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht  
gefunden
osdep.c:88: Warnung: `struct pam_response' declared inside parameter  
list
osdep.c:88: Warnung: its scope is only this definition or  
declaration, which is probably not what you want
osdep.c:88: Warnung: `struct pam_message' declared inside parameter list
osdep.c: In Funktion ?checkpw_conv?:
osdep.c:92: error: invalid application of `sizeof' to an incomplete type
osdep.c:93: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
osdep.c:94: error: `PAM_PROMPT_ECHO_ON' undeclared (first use in this  
function)
osdep.c:94: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
osdep.c:94: error: for each function it appears in.)
osdep.c:95: error: invalid use of undefined type `struct pam_response'
osdep.c:95: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
osdep.c:95: error: `PAM_SUCCESS' undeclared (first use in this function)
osdep.c:96: error: invalid use of undefined type `struct pam_response'
osdep.c:96: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
osdep.c:98: error: `PAM_PROMPT_ECHO_OFF' undeclared (first use in  
this function)
osdep.c:99: error: invalid use of undefined type `struct pam_response'
osdep.c:99: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
osdep.c:100: error: invalid use of undefined type `struct pam_response'
osdep.c:100: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
osdep.c:102: error: `PAM_TEXT_INFO' undeclared (first use in this  
function)
osdep.c:103: error: `PAM_ERROR_MSG' undeclared (first use in this  
function)
osdep.c:104: error: invalid use of undefined type `struct pam_response'
osdep.c:104: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
osdep.c:105: error: invalid use of undefined type `struct pam_response'
osdep.c:105: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
osdep.c:109: error: `PAM_CONV_ERR' undeclared (first use in this  
function)
osdep.c: Auf h?chster Ebene:
osdep.c:120: error: Syntaxfehler before '*' token
osdep.c: In Funktion ?checkpw_cleanup?:
osdep.c:125: error: `hdl' undeclared (first use in this function)
osdep.c:125: error: `PAM_DELETE_CRED' undeclared (first use in this  
function)
osdep.c:126: error: `PAM_SUCCESS' undeclared (first use in this  
function)
osdep.c: In Funktion ?checkpw?:
osdep.c:137: error: `pam_handle_t' undeclared (first use in this  
function)
osdep.c:137: error: `hdl' undeclared (first use in this function)
osdep.c:138: error: storage size of `conv' isn't known
osdep.c:145: error: `PAM_SUCCESS' undeclared (first use in this  
function)
osdep.c:146: error: `PAM_RHOST' undeclared (first use in this function)
osdep.c:149: error: `PAM_ESTABLISH_CRED' undeclared (first use in  
this function)
osdep.c:151: error: `PAM_DELETE_CRED' undeclared (first use in this  
function)
osdep.c:152: error: `PAM_AUTH_ERR' undeclared (first use in this  
function)
make[3]: *** [osdep.o] Fehler 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/mweil/imap-2004d/c-client'
make[2]: *** [lnp] Fehler 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/mweil/imap-2004d/c-client'
make[1]: *** [OSTYPE] Fehler 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/mweil/imap-2004d'
make: *** [ldb] Fehler 2
mweil@server1:~/imap-2004d$

I suppose there is some gcc part missing.. I compiled uw imap myself  
before on this machine, and never had any problems, until Debian was  
reinstalled...
Thanks for every help.

Best Regards
Martin Weil

_______________________________________________
Imap-uw mailing list
[email-masked]
https://mailman1.u.washington.edu/mailman/listinfo/imap-uw

---

From: Mark Crispin <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2005 14:33:13 -0700 (PDT)

On Sat, 11 Jun 2005, Martin Weil wrote:
> osdep.c:71:31: security/pam_appl.h: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden

This is the underlying cause of the problem.  The system file
 	/usr/include/security/pam_appl.h
is not installed on your system.  You need this file in order to build 
applications that use PAM.

Apple Mac OS X has it installed on
 	/usr/include/pam/pam_appl.h
See if it is there.  If it is, let me know and I'll give you a workaround 
that you can use.

-- Mark --

http://staff.washington.edu/mrc
Science does not emerge from voting, party politics, or public debate.
Si vis pacem, para bellum.
_______________________________________________
Imap-uw mailing list
[email-masked]
https://mailman1.u.washington.edu/mailman/listinfo/imap-uw

---

From: Martin Weil <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2005 00:15:22 +0200

Am 11.06.2005 um 23:33 schrieb Mark Crispin:

> is not installed on your system.  You need this file in order to  
> build applications that use PAM.
>
> See if it is there.  If it is, let me know and I'll give you a  
> workaround that you can use.

I solved it by installing the libpam0g-dev package via apt-get.  
Seemed like the file is included in this packge.
Thank you for your help.

Best Regards
Martin Weil