Subject: forward a message via imap server

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2001 13:58:06 +0100

HI All,
can i forward a message which contains attachement whitout download it
from the server. Is there an imap command to do this ?
Thanks in advance.
Lahcen.E

-- 
------------------------------------------------------------------
 For information about this mailing list, and its archives, see: 
 http://www.washington.edu/imap/c-client-list.html
------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Chris Newman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2001 14:20:19 -0800

> from the server. Is there an imap command to do this ?

Not currently.  There's been recent discussion of a "CHANNEL" extension to 
IMAP which would allow part[s] of an IMAP message to be directed to another 
system for content conversion or other processing.  It's my opinion that 
the right architecture to do what you desire would use the CHANNEL 
extension (or something similar) to direct an IMAP message to an SMTP 
SUBMIT service.

It's very important for scalability of large mail systems to preserve the 
functional separation between IMAP and SMTP and there are tricky security 
issues, so such a system would have to be designed carefully.

		- Chris