Subject: Cramming reference data into a MAILSTREAM

From: Adam Treister <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Apr 1996 15:39:04 -0700

I have a higher level "Mailbox" object that wraps around the c-clients
MAILSTREAM.

During an expunge, when I get the mm_expunged callback which passes me the
stream and the message number, I have to search a global list of Mailboxes for
one whose stream field matches the one passed to mm_expunged.   Granted its not
likely that this list will ever have over a handful of entries (and 90% of the
time it'll only have 1), but this still seems like an ugly situation.

Is there a way to store a pointer in the MAILSTREAM, so that I can get back at
it from inside the callback?

Adam

---

From: Mark Crispin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 1996 15:47:07 -0700 (PDT)

On Tue, 09 Apr 1996 15:39:04 -0700, Adam Treister wrote:
> Is there a way to store a pointer in the MAILSTREAM, so that I can get back
> at it from inside the callback?

No there isn't, but there may be in the future.

I don't think that it's too odious to search for the MAILSTREAM, considering
that even a hairy usage is unlikely to have more than a handful of them.  As
far as ugliness goes, there's the converse ugliness of getting your reverse
pointers out of sync, so it's somewhat a case of six of one, half a dozen of
the other.