Subject: message when using mailutil move

From: "J. A. Landamore" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 10:03:15 +0100 (BST)

I've been moving our users to uw-imap and converting to mbx using mailutil move. 
 Occassionally I get:
warning: Message 2 UID 0 less than 2
for example.  I gather from the archives that this is caused by the X-UID 
header, but we've not used imap before.  I also gather its fatal to imap.  Is 
there any way I can strip the X-UID header out of mbx format mailboxes or do I 
have to strip it out of the mailboxes before I convert them?  Do I loose 
anything by removing the X-UID headers?

As an aside will the sysadmin in London who was having problems installing 
Prayer as the webmail system please contact me if they are still having 
problems.

Thanks for all help

John Landamore
University of Leicester

-- 
------------------------------------------------------------------
 For information about this mailing list, and its archives, see: 
 http://www.washington.edu/imap/c-client-list.html
------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Mark Crispin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 06:13:14 -0700 (PDT)

On Tue, 15 Apr 2003, J. A. Landamore wrote:
> header, but we've not used imap before.  I also gather its fatal to imap.

This is not "fatal to IMAP"; it is just a warning.  mailutil (or the IMAP
server) will repair the problem.

It does, however, mean that any client which used UIDs to maintain a local
cache of messages will have to reload the entire cache.

> Is

No need to worry about doing stripping the X-UID headers; just let
mailutil do its job.  If there's a problem, mailutil will fix it.

-- Mark --

http://staff.washington.edu/mrc
Science does not emerge from voting, party politics, or public debate.