Subject: RE: SSL issue on Win2k

From: Paul Killey <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 22:00:31 -0400

Just catching up on some older mail here.

Re: c-client apps working (or not) w/ Exchange's imap.  I use exchange, and
use imap clients (including pine) quite a bit with it.  It is my experience
that the mailbox will close if you are "writing" much into it.  For example,
saving fcc copies into an imap folder with pine will cause this.  I've
correlated it w/ other updates to the folder happening, maybe an update from
another client, new messages showing up, whatever, but nothing I've been
able to figure out.  It happens often enough that it is aggravating and I
tend to stop using a Sent Items folder in order to forestall the problem.
Inbox will "close up" as well after a while ... All this when using SSL.  I
haven't been able to reproduce it w/o ssl.  Have never had this problem w/
imapd either.

I am familiar w/ the Windows SSL buffer size problem and this is indeed not
it (as near as I can tell) some time ago, Mark either posted or e-mailed a
patch for that.

--paul

---

From: Mark Crispin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 19:12:26 -0700 (PDT)

The problem you describe *is* the Microsoft SSPI bug, and it *does* affect
Exchange server.  Microsoft has not yet distributed the patch for it on any
platform.