Subject: dmail

From: "J. A. Landamore" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2003 14:43:36 +0000 (GMT)

Sorry if this has been answered in previous mails but I cannot get into the 
archives either thru anon ftp or anon imap.

What is the reason why "dmail +<file>" will create INBOX if <file> doesn't exist 
but won't create <file>?

Thanks

John Landamore
Univeristy of Leicester
-- 
------------------------------------------------------------------
 For information about this mailing list, and its archives, see: 
 http://www.washington.edu/imap/c-client-list.html
------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Mark Crispin <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2003 08:04:33 -0800 (PST)

> What is the reason why "dmail +<file>" will create INBOX if <file> doesn't exist

Security.

You don't want to allow anyone in the world to create an arbitrarily named
mailbox just by sending you mail.

-- Mark --

http://staff.washington.edu/mrc
Science does not emerge from voting, party politics, or public debate.