Subject: tmail and Postfix

From: Yiorgos Adamopoulos <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2004 13:36:11 +0200

Does anyone use tmail as the local delivery agent for Postfix?  I want 
to have MBX mailboxes and Postfix as my MTA.

TIA.
-- 
------------------------------------------------------------------
 For information about this mailing list, and its archives, see: 
 http://www.washington.edu/imap/c-client-list.html
------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Frode Nordahl <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2004 12:56:03 +0100

> to have MBX mailboxes and Postfix as my MTA.

I use the following config.

main.cf:
mailbox_transport = tmail
# Don't run tmail with multiple recipients
tmail_destination_recipient_limit = 1

master.cf:
tmail     unix  -       n       n       -       -       pipe
   flags=R eol=\r\n user=nobody argv=/usr/local/libexec/tmail ${user}

You may also want to modify tmail to actually return errors when it 
fails. By default it returns a temporary error no matter what the error 
was.  See tmail.c in function fail() (line 535).

If you don't do this you might end up with enormous mailqueues with 
undeliverable mail.

Mvh,
Frode Nordahl