Subject: IMAP4 Compile Probs

From: Donald Thompson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 1998 12:19:46 -0700 (MST)

I'm trying to compile imap-4.1.BETA on a slackware linux kernel 2.0.33
system with shadow passwords. Whenever I compile using 'make slx' I get
the error, 

/usr/i486-linux/bin/ld: cannot open -lcrypt: No such file or directory

at which point the compile dies. I tried to get around this by instead
compiling using 'make lnx', ie linux without shadow passwords. It compiled
just fine, but when i try to login using a pop3 client, it tells me my
password is wrong. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

						TIA, Donald Thompson

---

From: Donald Thompson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 1998 12:39:03 -0700 (MST)

AHA! great, everythings working perfectly now. Thanks so much. 

						Donald Thompson						

On Sun, 22 Feb 1998, Mark Crispin wrote:

> Some Linux variants use -lshadow instead of -lcrypt.
> 
> Look in file .../src/osdep/unix/Makefile for the slx: tag.  Uncomment the line
> which has the -lshadow LDFLAGS and comment out the line which has the -lcrypt
> LDFLAGS.
> 
> On Sun, 22 Feb 1998 12:19:46 -0700 (MST), Donald Thompson wrote: