Subject: [Imap-uw] certificate chains

From: "Clive McDowell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 14:38:30 +0100

Folks,

I'm attempting to replace an expired certificate originally supplied by Thawte with a chained InstantSSL certificate. I have
made these work in other circumstances by simply concatenating the certs together along with the public key. This doesn't appear
to function with uw imap (IMAP4rev1 2004.350). Is there a way of making this work or do I have to revert to using single certs?

Thanks,

 Clive McDowell

Information Services
The Queen's University of Belfast

_______________________________________________
Imap-uw mailing list
[email-masked]
https://mailman1.u.washington.edu/mailman/listinfo/imap-uw

---

From: Dan Pritts <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 11:21:50 -0400

I just had this problem.  Testing with openssl s_client suggested that
imapd did the right thing (i think it was dependent on the order of
the certs in the .pem file), but Eudora (important client here) didn't
properly interpret things.

I ended up buying a ssl123 cert from thawte, which is a newish "domain
assurance only" type product from them.  US$169 for two years if you
buy via this url:  

  http://www.thawte.com/ssl123/google.html

> The Queen's University of Belfast

danno
--
dan pritts - systems administrator - internet2
734/352-4953 office        734/834-7224 mobile
_______________________________________________
Imap-uw mailing list
[email-masked]
https://mailman1.u.washington.edu/mailman/listinfo/imap-uw