Subject: Updating INBOX file

From: "hdupre " <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2000 17:00:17 -0700

I noticed that when a user logs in to the c-client, if it's configured to use an INBOX file, it moves mail from /var/mail to INBOX.
Is there any way without the user's login to do that (as root) ?

--== Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/ ==--
Before you buy.
-- 
------------------------------------------------------------------
 For information about this mailing list, and its archives, see: 
 http://www.washington.edu/imap/c-client-list.html
------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Mark Crispin <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2000 21:17:49 -0700 (PDT)

On Mon, 28 Aug 2000 17:00:17 -0700, hdupre   wrote:
> I noticed that when a user logs in to the c-client, if it's configured to
> use an INBOX file, it moves mail from /var/mail to INBOX.

If your question is "how can I set up the mailer deliver directly to an mbx
format INBOX?", look at the tmail and dmail programs from:
 ftp://ftp.cac.washington.edu/mail/imap-utils.tar.Z

---

From: Eduardo Chappa <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2000 21:27:00 -0700 (PDT)

*** Mark Crispin ([email-masked]) wrote today:

:) On Mon, 28 Aug 2000 17:00:17 -0700, hdupre   wrote:
:) > I noticed that when a user logs in to the c-client, if it's configured to
:) > use an INBOX file, it moves mail from /var/mail to INBOX.
:) > Is there any way without the user's login to do that (as root) ?
:) 
:) If your question is "how can I set up the mailer deliver directly to an mbx
:) format INBOX?", look at the tmail and dmail programs from:
:)  ftp://ftp.cac.washington.edu/mail/imap-utils.tar.Z

No, the question is "How can I deliver mail directly to INBOX (which is
located somewhere else other than var/spool/mail?). You can use procmail
to do that.

-- 
Eduardo
http://www.math.washington.edu/~chappa/pine/