Subject: can Imap-cclient work in BSDI4.1 ?

From: CheongMeng <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2000 17:23:38 +0800 (SGT)

HI,

I tried to install cclient in BSDI4.1 to use with apache and PHP4. However
the imap_open function does not work, while trying to connect to a POP3
server. It always return error mesg saying that the username or password
error. But it work properly in linux. I suspect the imap-cclient does not
work properly with BSDI. Can anyone help ?
Thanks.

-- 
------------------------------------------------------------------
 For information about this mailing list, and its archives, see: 
 http://www.washington.edu/imap/c-client-list.html
------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Mark Crispin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2000 15:47:53 -0800 (PST)

> work properly with BSDI. Can anyone help ?

c-client is in use on many BSDI systems.

I can not understand why you would use imap_open to connect to a POP3 server.
The function to connect to a POP3 server is pop3_open; however, you should not
call either imap_open or pop3_open from an application program.  Instead, you
should use the mail_open call, with an appropriate mailbox name specification
as explained in the naming.txt file.