Subject: uw imapd and quotas

From: "Jeff A. Earickson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2004 16:01:35 -0500 (EST)

Hi,
   I am running uw imapd 2002e on a Solaris 9 box,
with quotas on the home directories.  Does imap understand
quota filesystems?  This ought to be an FAQ, couldn't find
any reference to quotas in the docs or the FAQ.

Jeff Earickson
Colby College
-- 
------------------------------------------------------------------
 For information about this mailing list, and its archives, see: 
 http://www.washington.edu/imap/c-client-list.html
------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Mark Crispin <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2004 14:07:37 -0800 (Pacific Standard Time)

On Fri, 13 Feb 2004, Jeff A. Earickson wrote:
> quota filesystems?

UW imapd does not implement the IMAP QUOTA extension, which allows a 
client to manipulate quotas for individual mailboxes.  On UNIX 
filesystems, quota management requires root privileges (and there's also 
the small matter the different UNIX variants implement quotas in different 
ways).

If you do an operation that causes a disk write error (including over 
quota), UW imapd will back out of the operation and restore the file to 
its original state.

-- Mark --

http://staff.washington.edu/mrc
Science does not emerge from voting, party politics, or public debate.
Si vis pacem, para bellum.