Subject: what are SET_MAILPROXYCOPY and SET_IMAPREFERRAL for?

From: Vadim Zeitlin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2001 16:32:53 +0200 (CET)

Hello,

 could someone please explain what are these callbacks supposed to do? I think
they might be a solution to one of my problems but I'm not sure about it and I
couldn't understand when are they called nor what exactly should they do (even
after looking at pine sources).

 Thanks in advance,
VZ

-- 
------------------------------------------------------------------
 For information about this mailing list, and its archives, see: 
 http://www.washington.edu/imap/c-client-list.html
------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Mark Crispin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2001 10:20:05 -0700 (PDT)

On Tue, 17 Apr 2001 16:32:53 +0200 (CET), Vadim Zeitlin wrote:
>  could someone please explain what are these callbacks supposed to do?

These set application-specific callback functions.

proxycopy is an application routine which will do a cross-format copy.
Normally, mail_copy() will fail if the target mailbox is in a different format
than the source mailbox; however, if a proxycopy routine is set, mail_copy()
will pass cross-format copies on to the proxycopy routine.

imapreferral is an application routine to receive any referral events from an
IMAP server.  Normally, referral events are ignored.  The imapreferral routine
is supposed to parse the URL and create a new c-client mailbox name for a
retry of the c-client function which generated the referral.