Subject: imap access via ipo3d

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2004 21:08:11 +0100 (MET)

Hi,

we have used the feature of ipop3d to access a remote inbox via imap i.e
login to "imap-host:user@pop-host". This worked for years without
problems. Now we decided to activate SSL on both, the ipop and imap
servers. Now it is possible to login to the ipop server for a local
inbox and to login to the imap server directly for a local inbox there.
But login to the ipop server and request an inbox from the imap server no
longer works. Testing via telnet allows us to proceed to the pass
command but then we get "-ERR Unable to open user's INBOX" immediatly.
It does not matter if the client uses a SSL Connection or not.

We have imap-2004a on both servers.

Has anyone a setup like this working and give us some advice ?

Thanks Paul

========================================================================
Paul Tedaldi                     |
Informatikdienste                |    Email:  [email-masked]
Universitaet Zuerich             |
Winterthurerstr. 190             |    Tel:    +41 (0)44 635 4523
CH-8057 Zuerich                  |    Fax:    +41 (0)44 635 4505
Switzerland                      |
========================================================================
-- 
------------------------------------------------------------------
 For information about this mailing list, and its archives, see: 
 http://www.washington.edu/imap/c-client-list.html
------------------------------------------------------------------