Subject: icat "From " timestamp after 20th message.

From: John Imholz <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2001 10:30:57 -0500

Seems like after 20 messages, icat starts putting "Sun ???  0 00:00:00 1970 
+0000" as the timestamp in the "From " line.

Some clients don't like this.

Is this a known bug?

jji
-- 
------------------------------------------------------------------
 For information about this mailing list, and its archives, see: 
 http://www.washington.edu/imap/c-client-list.html
------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Mark Crispin <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2001 11:58:16 -0800 (PST)

I have passed on your bug report, along with a diagnosis of the problem, to
the author of icat for him to fix it.

If you want to fix it yourself, try adding a mail_fetchfast(stream,"1:*")
somewhere after opening the mailbox but before the loop where mail_elt() is
called.  The first 20 messages had their cache loaded by the mail_search(),
but in a 10-second glad I saw nothing to load the cache for subsequent
messages.