Subject: Re: Passing in a mailboxname and password into Mail_Open()

From: "Aleksandr Shvedov" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 1998 22:01:50 -0500

What's so wrong with this mm_login call-back? I just switched off all gets
and getpwds and that's all.
Another way is to go deep into c-client's code, which is of course possible,
but...

On internal.doc: I doubt that technical work will help. It seems not 2 but
20 years old. Just editing won't help.

>
>Is there an existing way to pass these things in to avoid
>calling mm_login()?
>
>Bentley
>

---

From: brian moore <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 1998 19:45:13 -0700

> 20 years old. Just editing won't help.

I'm pondering HTML'izing something similar to internal.txt for grins.

An 'exercise in grokking the code', perhaps.

-- 
Brian Moore                             Kill A Spammer For Jesus
Sysadmin, C/Perl Hacker, Usenet Vandal

---

From: Mark Crispin <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 1998 23:53:34 -0700 (PDT)

> I'm pondering HTML'izing something similar to internal.txt for grins.

For what it's worth:

I oppose HTMLizing internal.txt, and would probably not distribute an HTML
version.  A programmer should be able to read it in an ordinary editor inside
an ordinary terminal emulator.  This isn't user documentation that needs to be
pretty; this is programmer documentation that needs to be accessible.