Subject: [Imap-uw] c-client bug in parameter parsing

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 17:04:43 +0100 (CET)

I have found a minor bug in the way errors in header parameters are
reported. The error occurs when c-client encounters a header line like:

  Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="image5.jpg";

In this case c-client will report: "Missing parameter value: FILENAME"
instead of "Missing parameter". The easiest fix I could think of is:

--- src/c-client/rfc822.c       8 Jun 2005 04:58:32 -0000       1.21
+++ src/c-client/rfc822.c       16 Nov 2005 06:20:41 -0000
@@ -878,7 +878,7 @@
     }
   }
   if (!text) {                 /* must be end of poop */
-    if (param && param->attribute)
+    if (param && param->attribute && param->value == NIL)
       sprintf (tmp,"Missing parameter value: %.80s",param->attribute);
     else strcpy (tmp,"Missing parameter");
     MM_LOG (tmp,PARSE);

	/MaF
_______________________________________________
Imap-uw mailing list
[email-masked]
https://mailman1.u.washington.edu/mailman/listinfo/imap-uw

---

From: Mark Crispin <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 10:14:33 -0800 (PST)

Thank you for your message.  I have decided to address this issue in a 
somewhat different way; and the change will be in the next imap-2005 
development snapshot.

-- Mark --

http://panda.com/mrc
Democracy is two wolves and a sheep deciding what to eat for lunch.
Liberty is a well-armed sheep contesting the vote.
_______________________________________________
Imap-uw mailing list
[email-masked]
https://mailman1.u.washington.edu/mailman/listinfo/imap-uw