Subject: howto to force creation of /home/user/INBOX?

From: Friedrich Lobenstock <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 May 2002 18:01:30 +0200

Hi!

How can I force the creation of a /home/user/INBOX, so the users
inbox is an mbx inbox per default? I already did apply
  -CREATEPROTO=unixproto
  +CREATEPROTO=mbxproto
in src/osdep/unix/Makefile.

Where (in which file(s)) would be the best place to add code to create
an "empty" INBOX in the users home if it did not exist, if there's not
already an option for that?

PS: I know of tmail/dmail but that's currently not feasable because
of a non standard delivery agent.

-- 
MfG / Regards
Friedrich Lobenstock

-- 
------------------------------------------------------------------
 For information about this mailing list, and its archives, see: 
 http://www.washington.edu/imap/c-client-list.html
------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Mark Crispin <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 May 2002 09:53:39 -0700 (PDT)

> of a non standard delivery agent.

Use tmail or dmail built with CREATEPROTO=mbxproto *is* the answer.

How do you expect to use a "non-standard delivery agent" with mbx format?

---

From: Friedrich Lobenstock <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 May 2002 19:30:19 +0200

> Use tmail or dmail built with CREATEPROTO=mbxproto *is* the answer.

No, not for now.

> How do you expect to use a "non-standard delivery agent" with mbx format?

The problem is that vdeliver (from Linuxconf) does only standard unix format
mailbox delivery to /var/spool/vmail/mail-domain/user. Each virtual mail user
has a home directory /vhome/mail-domain/home/user/
imapd is patched with the vimap patch to have support for virtual mail domain
detection. As said before createproto=mbx.

So now what's missing for now is that I need imapd to create an empty inbox
/vhome/mail-domain/home/user/INBOX if this file does not exist before it checks
which driver to use for the inbox.

-- 
MfG / Regards
Friedrich Lobenstock

---

From: "Jesse W. Asher" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 May 2002 08:15:52 -0400

Could you let me know if you get an answer to this?  Thanks!!

-- 
Jesse W. Asher

"They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary
safety, deserve neither liberty or safety."  - Benjamin Franklin