Subject: Body Parts Revisited

From: "J. T. Breitner" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Sep 1999 17:41:48 -0400 (EDT)

I've been pouring over the c-client documentation, looking for a way that
I can (easily) retrive section information about a particular message
section.

For example, an encapsulated portion of a message may be reachable via
mail_fetchbody(stream,msgno,sec) where msgno=foo and sec=13.1 ... but 
that's just the body.  Is there a way to see encoding type and other
data on this body section with that call, or is parsing the entire 
message required?

-- 
------------------------------------------------------------------
 For information about this mailing list, and its archives, see: 
 http://www.washington.edu/imap/c-client-list.html
------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: "Alex Shvedov" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Sep 1999 18:17:30 -0400

> Is there a way to see encoding type and other
After mail_fetch_structure(stream, SeqNum, &Body, NIL) you have
everything in cache, so Body->type, Body->subtype etc. are at
your service. See body in mail.h for details. Message text fields
in Body are empty after this - you're fetching message structure
only.
Yes, mail_fetch_structure fetches all headers of all (sub)parts
so in this sense it fetches the whole message (no bodies, of
course), but it can't be done otherwise.