Subject: copy folders/subfolders

From: Andrew <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2004 08:15:21 -0500

This is the first year I have used  imap. All without incident. I have 
users that have created a folder trees based on the year. Do any of the 
utlities have a wild card capability to copy all the folders and 
subfolders in  one command or do I have to copy the folder/subfolders 
one folder at a time.

thanks
a

-- 
------------------------------------------------------------------
 For information about this mailing list, and its archives, see: 
 http://www.washington.edu/imap/c-client-list.html
------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Mark Crispin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2004 06:45:42 -0800 (Pacific Standard Time)

On Tue, 28 Dec 2004, Andrew wrote:
> This is the first year I have used  imap. All without incident. I have users 
> that have created a folder trees based on the year. Do any of the utlities 
> have a wild card capability to copy all the folders and subfolders in  one 
> command or do I have to copy the folder/subfolders one folder at a time.

mailutil can copy a folder hierarchy.  There's a man page associated with 
mailutil which gives more details.

-- Mark --

http://staff.washington.edu/mrc
Science does not emerge from voting, party politics, or public debate.
Si vis pacem, para bellum.