Subject: [Imap-uw] IMAP With SSHA

From: "Urciolo, Kevin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 16:53:15 -0400

I am using SFWimap on Solaris 8 sparc.  I have run into a problem where
it doesn't seem to work when passwords are stored in SSHA format in
LDAP.  How can I get these guys to work together?  Can it work with
SSHA?  Could I point it to PAM?  Or is there a better way?

Thanks
_______________________________________________
Imap-uw mailing list
[email-masked]
https://mailman1.u.washington.edu/mailman/listinfo/imap-uw

---

From: Mark Crispin <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 21:01:50 -0800

> SSHA?  Could I point it to PAM?  Or is there a better way?

SFWimap is not the UW IMAP server.  I guess that you'll have to ask Sun 
(or whomever is the vendor of SFWimap) for help on configuring it to use 
PAM.

UW imapd can be configured to use PAM.

-- Mark --

http://staff.washington.edu/mrc
Science does not emerge from voting, party politics, or public debate.
Si vis pacem, para bellum.
_______________________________________________
Imap-uw mailing list
[email-masked]
https://mailman1.u.washington.edu/mailman/listinfo/imap-uw

---

From: Brian Thompson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 10:17:24 -0400

I think Kevin was referring to the Sun pkgadd name. Sounds
like he's trying to install the version of UW imapd that Sun
precompiles and includes on the Solaris Companion CD. For
Solaris 8/Sparc that corresponds to UW imapd-2000b.

-Brian

Mark Crispin wrote:

> SFWimap is not the UW IMAP server.  I guess that you'll have to ask 
> Sun (or whomever is the vendor of SFWimap) for help on configuring it 
> to use PAM.
>

---

From: Mark Crispin <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 10:05:06 -0800

> Solaris 8/Sparc that corresponds to UW imapd-2000b.

If that is the case, UW imapd can be built for Solaris by adding the 
option
 	PASSWDTYPE=pmb
to the make command used to build it, e.g.
 	make gso PASSWDTYPE=pmb

-- Mark --