Subject: imap-4 imapd, how to ignore ~/mbox?

From: Jim Garlick <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 1996 13:46:27 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

I just changed our site configuration file for Pine 3.92 to use
{mailserver}inbox instead of the default /usr/mail/username.
Our mailboxes are in bezerk format.

For some reason, if /usr/mail/username doesn't exist, imapd will read
~/mbox instead.  If our users have a ~/mbox laying around, it's from
Berkeley Mail days long ago so this is not the desired or expected
behavior.

Can anybody tell me if there is a way to compile this feature out of
c-client or if imapd.conf can help?

Thanks in advance.

Jim Garlick
CSU Chico

---

From: Mark Crispin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 1996 13:58:57 -0700 (PDT)

On Tue, 9 Apr 1996 13:46:27 -0700 (PDT), Jim Garlick wrote:
> c-client

Rebuild with the mbox driver removed from EXTRADRIVERS in the makefile.

> or if imapd.conf can help?

NO!!  Do NOT use imapd.conf!!!!  If you think that you need to use this file,
you are almost certainly mistaken.  It is a great way to shoot yourself in the
foot.  Use of this file outside of UW is *unsupported*.