Subject: rfc822_qprint() is too strict for its own good

From: Vadim Zeitlin <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 1 Feb 2003 02:49:55 +0100 (Romance Standard Time)

Hello,

 could rfc822_qprint() be made (at least optionally) to ignore the
character combinations invalid in a QP-encoded message instead of giving up
immediately and returning NULL in such case? IMHO such behaviour would be
much more useful than the current one because when I now get a message from
a mailing list hosted on SourceForge with a trailer saying (real life
example):

        -------------------------------------------------------
        This SF.NET email is sponsored by:
        SourceForge Enterprise Edition + IBM + LinuxWorld = Something 2 See!

I can't read the message at all because cclient doesn't decode its text
seeing the "= " above.

 Of course, I can easily write my own QP-decoding function but it would be
a pity to have 2 functions doing almost exactly the same thing in the
program. Also, I really wonder who can find the current behaviour useful.

 Thank you,
VZ

-- 
------------------------------------------------------------------
 For information about this mailing list, and its archives, see: 
 http://www.washington.edu/imap/c-client-list.html
------------------------------------------------------------------