Subject: [Imap-uw] pb with mail_open function

From: "Guillaume Vaillant" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2005 10:25:21 +0100

Hello
 
I have a problem with a program i have done. This program is linked with the
c-client.a library.
The program  performs a first mail_open request which works fine (the
mm_login callback is called and I set here the login and password)
And then it performs a second mail_open with the same STREAMS. In the
documentation I have seen that's it's authorized and that the IMAP library
will automatically close the first STREAMS.
But in this case the mm_login callback is not called ans this second
connection was done with the login and password of the first connection.
Is it normal ?
How can i change the login and password for the second connection ?
 
I want to know if I have not correctly understood the documentation or if I
have made a mistake in my code
 
Thanks
Guyom.
_______________________________________________
Imap-uw mailing list
[email-masked]
https://mailman1.u.washington.edu/mailman/listinfo/imap-uw

---

From: Mark Crispin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2005 08:27:29 -0800 (PST)

A call mail_open() with an open MAILSTREAM as the first argument is a 
"recycle" call.  If the new mailbox name (second argument) indicates the 
same site as the mailbox open in the MAILSTREAM, that stream switches to 
the new mailbox without closing the session or logging out.  Thus, the 
client can switch from one mailbox to another on the same server without 
having to log in again.  In the IMAP protocol, this is a SELECT command.

If the new mailbox name indicates a different server than what is open on 
the mailstream, a recycle call will close the MAILSTREAM, and then open a 
new session and log in again.

The entire purpose of the recycle call is to avoid closing the session and 
logging in again when switching mailboxes at the server.  If you want to 
force a login each time, you must close the old stream with mail_close(), 
then call mail_open() with NIL as the first argument.

> How can i change the login and password for the second connection ?

-- Mark --

http://panda.com/mrc
Democracy is two wolves and a sheep deciding what to eat for lunch.
Liberty is a well-armed sheep contesting the vote.
_______________________________________________
Imap-uw mailing list
[email-masked]
https://mailman1.u.washington.edu/mailman/listinfo/imap-uw