Subject: Not able to login

From: "Howard Picken" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 7 Jun 2003 16:27:16 +1000

Hi new to the list trying to sort out a few problems
I have so here goes.

I'm running FreeBSD 4.7 with lastest ports of
Apache-ModSSL, OpenSSL, ModPHP, Mysql, IMap-UW
C-Client etc and a FQDN.

I installed IMAP-UW with make "SSLTYPE=unix", make install.
then used "make cert". The certs are in /usr/local/certs.
Should the certs be in the same place as the https ones?
Apache uses /usr/local/etc/apache/ssl.xxx.

I've setup SquirrelMail from the ports which uses IMAP (of course)
and can't login.  The imap server informs me that "Login is disabled
user= XXX etc... host=localhost.xxxxxxx[127.0.0.1]

When I try to login via a telnet session (telnet localhost 143) it
gives me the following;

Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to localhost.xxxxxx.xxx.
Escape character is '^]'.
* OK [CAPABILITY IMAP4REV1 LOGIN-REFERRALS STARTTLS LOGINDISABLED
AUTH=CRAM-MD5] localhost.xxxxx.xxx IMAP4rev1 2002.332 at Sat, 7 Jun 2003
16:04:07 +1000 (EST)
01 login howard xxxxxx
01 NO LOGIN failed
01 logout
* BYE server.xxxxxx.xxx. IMAP4rev1 server terminating connection
01 OK LOGOUT completed
Connection closed by foreign host.

This I'm assuming is telling me that logins are disabled and that it's using
CRAM-MD5.

Can someone please help out on how to set all this up properly?
I'm still trying to get my head around these certificates and
keys concepts so I guess that probably doesn't help.

I don't need IMAP for anything else other than web-based mail.

cheers

Howard Picken
-------------------------
[email-masked]
Tasmania,   Australia
---
Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.
Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).
Version: 6.0.483 / Virus Database: 279 - Release Date: 19/05/2003

-- 
------------------------------------------------------------------
 For information about this mailing list, and its archives, see: 
 http://www.washington.edu/imap/c-client-list.html
------------------------------------------------------------------