Subject: Re: syslog: IMAP toolkit crash: Lock when already locked

From: Mark Crispin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 08:54:40 -0800 (PST)

On Tue, 15 Feb 2005, Jose A. Fabregas Reyes wrote:
> I have a Tru64 V5.1A DS20 machine. One o twice at day, i get this
> message:
>
> syslog: IMAP toolkit crash: Lock when already locked

Just as a friendly reminder, the [email-masked] mailing list is for 
matters pertaining to the IMAP *protocol*, not for software issues.  The 
correct mailing list for questions about the UW IMAP toolkit is 
[email-masked].  Please use the latter address in the future.
Thank you.

The "Lock when already locked" error message indicates a software bug 
which is supposedly impossible in UW imapd.  It has nothing to do with 
file locking; instead, it indicates a forbidden recursive call into the 
c-client library from a c-client callback in the application.

What version of UW imapd are you running?  Did your copy come directly 
from UW, or was it modified by a third party?

Are you certain that the syslog came from UW imapd?  Usually, the syslog 
will indicate the name of the program which output the message.  It could 
be a bug in some other program which uses the c-client library.

-- Mark --

http://staff.washington.edu/mrc
Science does not emerge from voting, party politics, or public debate.
Si vis pacem, para bellum.