Subject: Re: Database mailbox storage

From: Dag Nygren <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2001 10:21:47 +0300

Hi,

thanks to all of you for the feedback on the idea of
mail-storage in a database.

The feedback was encouraging enough to make me
have a shot at it.

I will during the summer try to set up a database and
some access routines, some kind of "inject" for incoming
mail and IMAP (through the c-client) for reading the mail.

As I would like to reinvent as few wheels as possible:
Does anyone of you know how "standalone" the rfc822.c in
the IMAP distribution is ? I would need some kind of mailheader
parser for the inject program.

BRGDS

-- 
Dag Nygren                               email: [email-masked]
Oy Espoon NewTech Ab                     phone: +358 9 8024910
Träsktorpet 3                              fax: +358 9 8024916
02360 ESBO                              Mobile: +358 400 426312
FINLAND

---

From: Julian Hall <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2001 17:52:30 +0100

I would suggest that you want to just define the driver, and use the
'tmail' and 'dmail' programs from the IMAP tools distribution as the
inject program...?  Then there wouldn't be any need to parse the headers
as the c-client library would deal with it for you.