Subject: announce: imap-4.6 release now available

From: Mark Crispin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 1999 17:48:26 -0700 (PDT)

This note is to announce the availability of the University of Washington IMAP
toolkit version 4.6, which includes UW imapd and ipop3d.  This latest release
provides significant performance and security improvements, and fixes a number
of bugs found in earlier releases.

All sites running UW imapd and ipop3d are strongly encouraged to upgrade to
this version as soon as possible.

One very notable aspect of this release is a substantial improvement in
performance in handling ordinary UNIX format mailbox files.

Source for the latest IMAP toolkit release is available in:

        ftp://ftp.cac.washington.edu/mail/imap-4.6.tar.Z
and
        ftp://ftp.cac.washington.edu/mail/imap.tar.Z

Note that imap.tar.Z is always a link to the "latest and greatest" version,
which may be a beta newer than the release version.

As with all IMAP toolkit releases, it is important that you carefully test and
determine for yourself that it performs suitably in your environment before
placing it into production use.

-- 
-----------------------------------------------------------------
 For information about this mailing list, and its archives, see: 
 http://www.washington.edu/imap/imap-list.html
-----------------------------------------------------------------