Subject: Current uw-imap question

From: Mark Edwards <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2002 14:59:44 -0700

I'm about to build a new uw-imap for a new machine, and I'm curious if 
anything has changed in the last year or so with how imapd handles 
mailboxes.

It still does unix format by default, and if you have an mbox INBOX in a 
user's home, it uses mbox?

You still have to change the default format in the source to mbox if you 
want new mailboxes to use mbox?

Has anything changed?  Thanks.

-- 
------------------------------------------------------------------
 For information about this mailing list, and its archives, see: 
 http://www.washington.edu/imap/c-client-list.html
------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Mark Crispin <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2002 16:12:25 -0700 (Pacific Daylight Time)

> anything has changed in the last year or so with how imapd handles

No.

> want new mailboxes to use mbox?

I assume that you mean "mbx" and not "mbox"; and if so the answer is
"yes".

-- Mark --

http://staff.washington.edu/mrc
Science does not emerge from voting, party politics, or public debate.

---

From: Mark Edwards <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2002 18:24:32 -0700

> Science does not emerge from voting, party politics, or public debate.

I actually do have a couple more questions.

If INBOX is in mbx format, will imapd use mbx for the creation of any 
additional mailboxes, or do I have to tweak the source to make the 
default creation format mbx?

Other than setting the directory to ~/mail and setting imapd to use mbx 
format, are there any other compile-time tweaks you would recommend I 
consider to run a regular old imap server on OSX?  I think that's all, 
but maybe I'm overlooking something.

Thanks again.

---

From: Mark Crispin <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2002 19:48:08 -0700 (Pacific Daylight Time)

> default creation format mbx?

The latter; you have to set CREATEPROTO=mbxproto in the Makefile.

> consider to run a regular old imap server on OSX?

Other than building with Kerberos and SSL, no.

-- Mark --