Subject: RE: can't find c-client.a

From: "Guillaume Chartrand" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2004 09:43:29 -0500

I put in attachment my log file when I try to make IMAP

You will see that it's said if I've got an error like no such file or directory on ssl.h... it's because you don't have openSSL installed.

But I have openssl installed by default with my distribution. I think he search the openssl on /usr/local/include
But in my system it's on /usr/include

Samething for /usr/ssl/
In my system it's on /etc/ssl/

Thank for your help

------------------------
Guillaume Chartrand
Technicien en informatique
Cégep régional de Lanaudière
Centre Administratifs, Repentigny

-----Message d'origine-----
De : [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] De la part de Sahil Tandon
Envoyé : 25 novembre 2004 21:22
À : [email-masked]
Objet : Re: can't find c-client.a

* Guillaume Chartrand <[email-masked]> [2004-11-25 13:45:47 -0500]:

> I try to build imap2004 on my mail server but when I type ? make slx ? I have
> some error at the end and in the directory c-client some file are missing. I
> have c-client.h but I don't have c-client.a

Show us the relevant portion(s) of the error(s).  Did you download the tarball
directly from the UW IMAP web site?  Any other background information would also
be helpful in troubleshooting the problem.

--
Sahil Tandon

---

From: Sahil Tandon <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2004 15:14:43 -0800

* Guillaume Chartrand <[email-masked]> [2004-11-26 09:43:29 -0500]:

> But I have openssl installed by default with my distribution. I think he
> search the openssl on /usr/local/include But in my system it's on /usr/include

You've answered your own question - UW IMAP doesn't know where to look for your
SSL libs.  From the SSLBUILD doc:

3) Make sure that you know how to build OpenSSL properly on the standard
   /usr/local/ssl directory.  In particular, /usr/local/ssl/include (and
   /usr/local/ssl/include/openssl) and /usr/local/ssl/lib must be set up
   from the OpenSSL build.  If you have a non-standard installation, then
   you must modify the imap-2002a/src/osdep/unix/Makefile file to point
   to the appropriate locations.

Either modify your Makefile (as suggested above) to point to the right
location, or pass the appropriate arguments (i.e. SSLDIR=/path/to/location") in
the make command itself.

--
Sahil Tandon