Subject: virtual email support and WU-IMAPD

From: Friedrich Lobenstock <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2001 00:10:03 +0200 (CEST)

Hi!

How about including the patch for virtual mail support from
http://vimap.sourceforge.net/ into the official wu-imapd?

Are there any objections regarding this patch from your side as
c-client developer(s)?

-- 
MfG / Regards
Friedrich Lobenstock

-- 
------------------------------------------------------------------
 For information about this mailing list, and its archives, see: 
 http://www.washington.edu/imap/c-client-list.html
------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Mark Crispin <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2001 17:32:18 -0700 (PDT)

> http://vimap.sourceforge.net/ into the official wu-imapd?

Hello.  I have reviewed this patch.  It is a good piece of work.  I don't have
any objection to the patch other than portability issues, since it's based
upon linuxconf and PAM.

However, because of these portability issues, I feel that it is better if it
remains a third-party supplied and supported patch.  I encourage its developer
to continue working on it, and to test it in the latest imap-2001:
	ftp://ftp.cac.washington.edu/mail/imap.tar.Z
I may also be willing to add some hooks to the official sources to make
subsequent versions of the patch easier.