Subject: UW-IMAP-2002 - can't create new folders

From: Jinn Koriech <[email-masked]>
Date: 21 Nov 2002 21:07:03 +0000

Hi all,

I can't create new sub-folders in my IMAP account.  I'm using IMAP-2002 
that I just downloaded and compiled with the modifications listed at the
end of this message.  Previously I was using RC6, which also had the
same problem.

I can create top level folders next to the INBOX, but I can no longer
create folders within those.  Obviously the folders i'm trying to create
folders in are empty.

Any ideas?
Jinn

============================================================================

ENABLE mbx AS THE DEFAULT FORMAT
* Edit src/osdep/unix/Makefile and change the following two lines
-CREATEPROTO=unixproto
-EMPTYPROTO=unixproto
+CREATEPROTO=mbxproto
+EMPTYPROTO=mbxproto

STORE ALL EMAIL IN A SUBFOLDER OF THE USERS HOME FOLDER
* Edit src/osdep/unix/env_unix.c and change the line near the top 
	-static char *mailsubdir = NULL;      /* mail subdirectory name */
	+static char *mailsubdir = ".imap";      /* mail subdirectory name */

* Edit src/osdep/unix/Makefile and change the following line
	-SSLTYPE=nopwd
	+SSLTYPE=unix

	-SSLDIR=/usr/local/ssl		
	+SSLDIR=/usr/share/ssl

-- 
------------------------------------------------------------------
 For information about this mailing list, and its archives, see: 
 http://www.washington.edu/imap/c-client-list.html
------------------------------------------------------------------