Subject: Openbsd compile question

From: Doug Dalton <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 13:55:25 -0800

I am having a problem compiling c-client in the dist for imap-2002b with 
the make statement on openbsd 3.0 i386 (the extra flag are for Drac auth):

make bso SSLTYPE=unix.nopwd SSLDIR=/usr CFLAGS=-DDRAC_AUTH 
EXTRALDFLAGS=-ldrac

Building bundled tools...
cd mtest;make
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/ddalton/src/imap-2002b/mtest'
`cat ../c-client/CCTYPE` -DDRAC_AUTH   -c -o mtest.o mtest.c
mtest.c:31: mail.h: No such file or directory
mtest.c:32: osdep.h: No such file or directory
mtest.c:33: rfc822.h: No such file or directory
mtest.c:34: smtp.h: No such file or directory
mtest.c:35: nntp.h: No such file or directory
mtest.c:57: misc.h: No such file or directory
mtest.c:91: linkage.c: No such file or directory
make[2]: *** [mtest.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/ddalton/src/imap-2002b/mtest'
make[1]: *** [bundled] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/ddalton/src/imap-2002b'
make: *** [bso] Error 2

-- 
------------------------------------------------------------------
 For information about this mailing list, and its archives, see: 
 http://www.washington.edu/imap/c-client-list.html
------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Mark Crispin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 14:12:56 -0800 (Pacific Standard Time)

> make bso SSLTYPE=unix.nopwd SSLDIR=/usr CFLAGS=-DDRAC_AUTH

Your problem is caused by the command line redefinition of CFLAGS.
Define EXTRACFLAGS instead.

-- Mark --

http://staff.washington.edu/mrc
Science does not emerge from voting, party politics, or public debate.