Subject: [Imap-uw] imap sort/search localization problem

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 7 May 2005 17:06:13 -0500 (CDT)

Hello

The sort and search functions in c-client do not support localization. As
you said in, http://www.washington.edu/imap/IMAP-FAQs/#1.12,
"There is no support for localization , but such support is planned..."

We are currently working on localization of HORDE/IMP which uses imap_sort
function in php, and as php developers say the sort is done by c-client
library. We want to know that what is your plan for localization and when
this feature will be available in c-client library.

Thanks
Persian Horde Team

_______________________________________________
Imap-uw mailing list
[email-masked]
https://mailman1.u.washington.edu/mailman/listinfo/imap-uw

---

From: Mark Crispin <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 7 May 2005 06:51:15 -0700 (PDT)

> this feature will be available in c-client library.

Localization of sort collation in the c-client library is awaiting 
the finalization of the specification of internationalized sort collation 
within the IETF.  There is not, as yet, a final definition of the standard 
representation of Unicode text in IMAP (stringprep profile) much less a 
standard definition of how Unicode text is collated by default in the 
absence of localized sorting rules.

IMAP is not the only protocol which is affected.  This is a major project 
within the IETF.

Consequently, I can not offer any specific timeframe when localized 
sorting will happen within c-client.  Any attempt to implement such a 
thing now would be foolhardy since we don't know what the standard will be 
yet.

-- Mark --

http://staff.washington.edu/mrc
Science does not emerge from voting, party politics, or public debate.
Si vis pacem, para bellum.
_______________________________________________
Imap-uw mailing list
[email-masked]
https://mailman1.u.washington.edu/mailman/listinfo/imap-uw