Subject: IPOP3d Not working with SSL (evolution)

From: Steve Murphy <[email-masked]>
Date: 26 Feb 2003 22:54:00 -0700

Hello...

I'm having a devil of a time getting the SSL stuff to work:

Solaris 2.7
openssl-0.9.7a
imap-2003.DEV.SNAP-0302102043

I get this message, logged to the console, every time a connection is
attempted:

<date> <time> <machine> ipop3d[pid]: SSL error status:
error:1408F10B:SSL routines:SSL3_GET_RECORD:wrong version number

Any hints as to what I'm doing wrong?

murf

-- 
------------------------------------------------------------------
 For information about this mailing list, and its archives, see: 
 http://www.washington.edu/imap/c-client-list.html
------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Mark Crispin <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 22:01:38 -0800 (Pacific Standard Time)

> error:1408F10B:SSL routines:SSL3_GET_RECORD:wrong version number

This sounds like your POP3 client is trying to negotiate the wrong type of
encryption.

Are you trying to do a TLS (port 110, STLS command) or an SSL (port 995)
connection?

For TLS, the client must use the TLSv1 method.

For SSL, the client must use the SSLv23 method.

-- Mark --

http://staff.washington.edu/mrc
Science does not emerge from voting, party politics, or public debate.