Subject: Re: Hiding files starting with . or matching regexps?

From: Marc MERLIN <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2002 19:00:21 -0700

On Wed, Aug 21, 2002 at 09:46:45PM -0400, Alexy Khrabrov wrote:
> Actually, I'd like to see what kind of control I can have
> over the list of mailboxes presented to the client.  Is
> this patch hiding the files starting with a dot implemented?
> Or, better still, showing/hiding only mailboxes whose names
> match a regexp?

I don't  remember what the  option was, although  it looked like  a c-client
option from what I could tell
       if (((d->d_name[0] != '.') ||
 	   (((int) mail_parameters (NIL,GET_HIDEDOTFILES,NIL)) ? NIL :
 	    (d->d_name[1] && (((d->d_name[1] != '.') || d->d_name[2]) &&
 			      strcmp (d->d_name+1,MXINDEXNAME+2))))) &&
in src/osdep/unix/dummy.c

I could not  figure out whether it was possible  to set GET_HIDEDOTFILES for
uwimapd, so,  I just disabled  it altogether  (well, actually the  patch was
written before  GET_HIDEDOTFILES existed, so  it was  quicker to keep  it in
than to try to figure how how to set GET_HIDEDOTFILES)

You can find my (obvious) patch here:
http://marc.merlins.org/linux/uwimap/
http://marc.merlins.org/linux/uwimap/files/imap-2001aRC2.nodotfiles.patch
(actually the patch was initially from Jauder Ho)

The "right way" does lie with GET_HIDEDOTFILES if you can enable it somehow

Note too that you're probably better off if you compile uwimap with 
-DHOMEMAILDIR="Mail"
so that the "root" is ~/Mail and not ~/

Marc
-- 
"A mouse is a device used to point at the xterm you want to type in" - A.S.R.
Microsoft is to operating systems & security ....
                                      .... what McDonalds is to gourmet cooking 
Home page: http://marc.merlins.org/   |   Finger [email-masked] for PGP key