Subject: IPv6 port for imap-2002.RC1

From: "Peter Derr" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2002 17:08:20 -0400

I've completed the work required to make imap-2002.RC1 work with IPv6 on
UNIX.  I'll send the diffs to Mark Crispin and to anyone else who wants
them.

The changes are confined to osdep/unix/env_unix.c and osdep/unix/tcp_unix.c
.  It's all done with #ifdefs so you would need to compile with -DIPV6 to
use it.

I've done this with AF_INET6 sockets (which work with both IPv4 and IPv6)
instead of AF_INET sockets, sockaddr_in6 structs instead of sockaddr_in,
getaddrinfo() instead of gethostbyname(), getnameinfo() instead of
inet_ntoa() and gethostbyaddr(), etc...

Tru64 UNIX is the only IPv6-capable platform I have access to, so it's the
only one I've tested on, but I'm told that it's IPv6 implementation strictly
adheres to the standards.  IPv6 is supported on Tru64 UNIX V5.1 and later.

The current version of Pine builds with c-client from imap 2001, but I've
done the required IPv6 changes to that, too, if anyone's interested.  My
modified Pine is currently the only IPv6-capable client I've got.  (Does
anyone know of any others?)

Peter Derr
HP Tru64 UNIX Internet Engineering Group

-- 
------------------------------------------------------------------
 For information about this mailing list, and its archives, see: 
 http://www.washington.edu/imap/c-client-list.html
------------------------------------------------------------------