Subject: imap-4.5, Solaris 2.7 and nds for solaris

From: Steve Moore <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 1999 15:21:32 -0400

This is a weird question but there has to be an answer somewhere.  I have
imap-4.5 installed on a Solaris 2.7 system that is using Novell's nds for
Solaris (pam).  I am setting up the Solaris machine as a campus pop server.
 When the /var/mail/userid directory is created (I presume by /bin/mail)
the ownerid is upcased, i.e.

-rw-rw----   1 TESTING  mail        1420 Aug 24 23:10 testing

Since the ownerid is TESTING but the userid is "testing" this is preventing
ipop3d from delivering the mail.  So far the only solution I can come up
with is to reinstall 20,000+ novell ids as lower case.  Any suggestions for
another solution would be most appreciated

Steve Moore
Software Coordinator
Miami University	
Oxford, OH
email:[email-masked]
voice:513-529-1452
fax:513-529-9665

-- 
------------------------------------------------------------------
 For information about this mailing list, and its archives, see: 
 http://www.washington.edu/imap/c-client-list.html
------------------------------------------------------------------