Subject: Imap-200e and pam auth on Mac os 10.3

From: Randall Perry <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2003 12:39:52 -0500

Anyone had success using imap-2002e on OS 10.3?

I use ipop3d for pop services on my OSXS 10.2.6 mail server. ipop3d
authentication fails in OS 10.3, presumably because of PAM auth requirement.

Tried compiling with pam:
    make osx PASSWDTYPE=pam SSLTYPE=none

but got error saying secure/pam_appl.h file was missing.

Searched OSXS 10.3 system for the file and found it at
/usr/include/pam/pam_appl.h. Changed all refs in imap source to that path
and it built ok. 

Am unsure how to configure it. I created /etc/pam.d/pop3 and /etc/pam.d/popd
files, but it doesn't look like pam is being accessed as there are no errors
in /var/log/secure.log.

-- 
Randall Perry
sysTame

Xserve Web Hosting/Co-location
Website Development/Promotion
Mac Consulting/Sales

http://www.systame.com/

-- 
------------------------------------------------------------------
 For information about this mailing list, and its archives, see: 
 http://www.washington.edu/imap/c-client-list.html
------------------------------------------------------------------