Subject: can't login to imap compiled with SSL

From: Oskar Teran <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2002 19:56:50 -0600

* CAPABILITY IMAP4REV1 IDLE NAMESPACE MAILBOX-REFERRALS SCAN SORT 
THREAD=REFERENCES THREAD=ORDEREDSUBJECT MULTIAPPEND LOGIN-REFERRALS 
STARTTLS LOGINDISABLED
a1 OK CAPABILITY completed

hello people,
above is the output of the CABABILITY command on my server.  I'm trying 
to login via telnet to create mbx mailboxes but I keep getting  a "NO 
LOGIN failed" message when I try to login.  Could someone please tell me 
what I'm doing wrong?

I've installed the uw-imap with SSL on a redhat 7.3 if this info. 
helps........

Regards,

Oskar

-- 
------------------------------------------------------------------
 For information about this mailing list, and its archives, see: 
 http://www.washington.edu/imap/c-client-list.html
------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Friedrich Lobenstock <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 14 Dec 2002 12:23:10 +0100

> LOGIN failed" message when I try to login.  Could someone please tell me 

Have a look a the capabilities, especially LOGINDISABLED. You
might need to use a command like the following instead of telnet:

   openssl s_client -host HOSTNAME -port 993

-- 
MfG / Regards
Friedrich Lobenstock

---

From: David Morsberger <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 14 Dec 2002 07:09:11 -0500

I am having a similar problem. I would like to use both SSL and the open
port. This allows the users to use a client (within the intranet) that does
not support SSL.

I looked at the config / build options and I could not figure it out.

Any ideas?

> From: Friedrich Lobenstock <[email-masked]>
> Reply-To: C-Client/UW-IMAP Mailing Liste <[email-masked]>
> Date: Sat, 14 Dec 2002 12:23:10 +0100
> To: C-Client/UW-IMAP Mailing Liste <[email-masked]>
> Subject: Re: can't login to imap compiled with SSL
> 
> Oskar Teran wrote:

---

From: Mark Crispin <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 14 Dec 2002 07:21:22 -0800 (PST)

> I looked at the config / build options and I could not figure it out.

Please refer to imap-2002a/docs/SSLBUILD and also to the Makefile.

-- Mark --

http://staff.washington.edu/mrc
Science does not emerge from voting, party politics, or public debate.

---

From: Oskar Teran <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 14 Dec 2002 12:47:59 -0600

Friedrich Lobenstock wrote:

>> above is the output of the CABABILITY command on my server.  I'm 
>> trying to login via telnet to create mbx mailboxes but I keep 
>> getting  a "NO LOGIN failed" message when I try to login.  Could 
>> someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong?
>
>
Hi,
Mark got me the solution to this......mailutil.
It wasn't compiled on my system, but after doing that....it worked 
great.  I was able to make the mbx mailboxes for the department emails 
and regular mailboxes for users.....

He suggested the ssl client too..........but on my system it wasn't 
installed.  The mailtutil was less messy to deal with.

Regards,

Oskar