Subject: newbie issues.....installing the utilities...getting an mbx mailbox to install!!

From: Oskar Teran <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 21:06:52 -0600

hello people,
I've been trying to make an mbx mailbox for a few departments but I just 
can't seem to get it to work.  I"ve read the o'reilly IMAP book, i've 
read the readme's and docs.....but I still can't get it to work!!
I've installed imap 2002 on a Redhat 7.3.  I also downloaded the client 
utilities.....did exactly as they suggest in their docs, but all I get 
is errors...directory does not exist...exit error 2 all over the place. 
 What is the correct way to install this thing??   And can someone 
please point me to a clear documentation of how to create the mbx 
mailbox......I'd be so grateful for this!!!

The rest of the email server is working.....I just need to make 
department email boxes and the mbx format seems like the correct way to 
go...but I can't create it.!!!

Thank you,

Oskar

ps......I tried searching the archives....so far I haven't found what 
I'm looking for.....lots of mbx mentions ( that's what I'm using as a 
search term), but no luck on the procedure to creating it or installing 
the utilities correctly.

-- 
------------------------------------------------------------------
 For information about this mailing list, and its archives, see: 
 http://www.washington.edu/imap/c-client-list.html
------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Brad Arlt <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 20:25:43 -0700

> go...but I can't create it.!!!

I am sure there are those who can give you a good answer, imap server
specific answer.  But my advice is use "strace" to find out the path
the imap server is not finding.

"man strace" to figure out how to use it.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
   __o		Bradley Arlt			Security Team Lead
 _ \<_		[email-masked]		University Of Calgary
(_)/(_) 	I should be biking right now.	Computer Science

---

From: Mark Crispin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 19:35:24 -0800 (PST)

On Tue, 19 Nov 2002 20:25:43 -0700, Brad Arlt wrote:
> > exit error 2 all over the place.

"Exit error 2" sounds like a Makefile error, as if you are getting errors in
trying to build the software.

Can you supply some transcripts of the *exact* error messages that you are
getting?

If you are having software building errors, perhaps you don't have the C
development environment installed?

---

From: "pheonix1t" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2002 01:52:12 -0600

OK..I'll try that

----- Original Message -----
From: "Brad Arlt" <[email-masked]>
To: "Oskar Teran" <[email-masked]>
Cc: "UW-IMAP list" <[email-masked]>
Sent: Tuesday, November 19, 2002 9:25 PM
Subject: Re: newbie issues.....installing the utilities...getting an mbx
mailbox to install!!

---

From: "pheonix1t" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2002 01:54:41 -0600

I'll check for the c development env........I thought I had installed the
development option during the install to get all that stuff....but I'll
check to be sure.  I didn't think of that.

Thank you!! :)

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mark Crispin" <[email-masked]>
To: "Oskar Teran" <[email-masked]>
Cc: "UW-IMAP list" <[email-masked]>
Sent: Tuesday, November 19, 2002 9:35 PM
Subject: Re: newbie issues.....installing the utilities...getting an mbx
mailbox to install!!