Subject: Cyrus IMAP & c-client-2000 problem?

From: Hollis Blanchard <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2000 15:31:18 +0900

Attempting to test my POP3 problem, I tried searching for unseen mail on
my Cyrus imap account.

(I've tried to disable rsh with mail_parameters(mbox, SET_RSHTIMEOUT,
0). It's hard to tell if that's working or not.)

Here's a log (the --, ==, and ** are from my mm_log function). Towards
the bottom you can see where my mail_search_full(mbox, "US-ASCII",
&search, NIL) happened. "search" is a zeroed SEARCHPGM, with only
"unseen" set to 1.

Also, while I do have 73 messages in my INBOX, only 1 of them (not 70)
is marked new. But I'm not trained in interpreting IMAP server
responses. :)

Thoughts?

-Hollis

== rsh to IMAP server timed out
-- Trying IP address [128.2.10.131]
* OK mail1.andrew.cmu.edu Cyrus IMAP4 v1.6.23-037 server ready
-- mail1.andrew.cmu.edu Cyrus IMAP4 v1.6.23-037 server ready
00000000 CAPABILITY
* CAPABILITY IMAP4 IMAP4rev1 ACL QUOTA LITERAL+ NAMESPACE UIDPLUS
X-NON-HIERARCHICAL-RENAME NO_ATOMIC_RENAME AUTH=ANONYMOUS AUTH=GSSAPI
AUTH=KERBEROS_V4 UNSELECT
00000000 OK Completed
Password: 
00000001 LOGIN hollis XXXXX
00000001 OK User logged in
00000002 CAPABILITY
* CAPABILITY IMAP4 IMAP4rev1 ACL QUOTA LITERAL+ NAMESPACE UIDPLUS
X-NON-HIERARCHICAL-RENAME NO_ATOMIC_RENAME AUTH=ANONYMOUS AUTH=GSSAPI
AUTH=KERBEROS_V4 UNSELECT
00000002 OK Completed
00000003 SELECT INBOX
* FLAGS (\Answered \Flagged \Draft \Deleted \Seen)
* OK [PERMANENTFLAGS (\Answered \Flagged \Draft \Deleted \Seen \*)] 
* 73 EXISTS
* 0 RECENT
* OK [UNSEEN 70] 
-- [UNSEEN 70] 
* OK [UIDVALIDITY 872461177] 
* OK [UIDNEXT 56388] 
00000003 OK [READ-WRITE] Completed
00000004 SEARCH CHARSET US-ASCII ALL UNSEEN
* SEARCH 70
** Lock when already locked
Aborted
-- 
------------------------------------------------------------------
 For information about this mailing list, and its archives, see: 
 http://www.washington.edu/imap/c-client-list.html
------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Mark Crispin <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2000 22:52:12 -0700 (PDT)

> ** Lock when already locked

This indicates a bug in your application.

c-client is not re-entrant; consequently you can not call c-client functions
from a c-client callback.

>From what I saw in your log, the culprit seems to be that your mm_searched()
function is calling some mail_????() function.