Subject: Problems : how to use the famous c-client library

From: amaury habrard <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2000 15:17:15 +0200

Hello,

      I've a big big problem (enormous but very simple ?) : I want to
make a little C client program for
      imap servers,
      so I get the c-client library imap-4.7c
      and I compile the library.

      but when I want to use the functions of the library I see the
      following message after the compilation on a linux Redhat 6.1:

      cc -Wall anothertry2.o    -o imapmailparse -L/usr/lib/c-client.a
      anothertry2.o: In function `main':
      anothertry2.o(.text+0x3ec): undefined reference to `mboxdriver'
      anothertry2.o(.text+0x3f1): undefined reference to `mail_link'
      anothertry2.o(.text+0x3f9): undefined reference to `imapdriver'
      .
      .
      .
      anothertry2.o(.text+0x4e0): undefined reference to `mail_open'

       I don't really understand why.
      I thought that only the mm_* functions need to be implemented.

      Does it mean that I need to compile my program with all the
source of
      the library?
      Maybe I don't understand how to use the library, then please
help me.

      I hope that you can help me.

      thanks.
      amaury.

-------------------------------------------------
A L i N T o - Restez joignable - www.alinto.com
-- 
------------------------------------------------------------------
 For information about this mailing list, and its archives, see: 
 http://www.washington.edu/imap/c-client-list.html
------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Mark Crispin <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2000 12:43:59 -0700 (PDT)

>       cc -Wall anothertry2.o    -o imapmailparse -L/usr/lib/c-client.a

Try without the -L

>       cc -Wall anothertry2.o    -o imapmailparse /usr/lib/c-client.a