Subject: usermin and mbx

From: "Harondel J. Sibble" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2003 22:18:11 -0800

Anyone have any info on getting Usermin to play nicely with mbx formatted 
mail stores?  

I recently converted a server from Mbox (/var/spool/mail) to mbx (~/INBOX) 
style mail stores.  Usermin offers a web based mail function (kinda similar 
to hotmail and yahoo etc) for reading/replying to messages. I've played with 
some of the various settings howver I can't get it to see any of the mail in 
the mbx file under the home dirs.

Any suggestions?  I suspect usermin is not mbx aware, but then again I could 
be wrong and just don't have it configured correctly.   I will be asking the 
Usermin dev folks this question also.
-- 
Harondel J. Sibble 
Sibble Computer Consulting
Creating solutions for the small business and home computer user.
[email-masked] (use pgp keyid 0x3AD5C11D) http://www.pdscc.com
(604) 739-3709 (voice/fax)      (604) 686-2253 (pager)

-- 
------------------------------------------------------------------
 For information about this mailing list, and its archives, see: 
 http://www.washington.edu/imap/c-client-list.html
------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Mark Crispin <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2003 22:22:32 -0800 (PST)

I have never heard of usermin, but unless it is c-client based it probably is
*not* mbx-aware.  Nor should it be if it is not c-client based.

---

From: "Harondel J. Sibble" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2003 22:53:25 -0800

http://www.usermin.com

or

http://www.webmin.com/index6.html

Basically a web based admin tool (webmin) and user tool for mail and 
forwarding (usermin)

webmin
http://www.webmin.com

Well it definatley not mbx aware... Hopefully one of the devlopers of usermin 
can shed some light on this.

---

From: "Harondel J. Sibble" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 22:15:02 -0800

Actually the head developer said he will put imap support into usermin, 
neatly sidestepping the need to be mbx aware.