Subject: Mailbox shared by multiple ids

From: "Phil N" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2002 08:29:33 -0500

Is it possible to have several ids share the same mailbox structure?  

I can alias the additional ids so that incoming mail is placed in the
correct /var/spool/mail/[real_userid] file.  I set the two account to
have the same home directory and don't see the INBOX and folders that
already exist there.

Thanks,

Phil

-- 
------------------------------------------------------------------
 For information about this mailing list, and its archives, see: 
 http://www.washington.edu/imap/c-client-list.html
------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Mark Crispin <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2002 07:58:52 -0800 (PST)

> Is it possible to have several ids share the same mailbox structure?

Yes.  You do it the same way that you have several IDs share the same home
directories or other files.  It's probably best to give all the IDs the same
UNIX UID number.