Subject: Help needed

From: Vlatko Surlan <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 15:54:05 +0200 (METDST)

Greetings. I have been trying to figure out how to use c-client library
to access email, but it turns out to be more to it than I thought it
would be. I was wondering if someone would be kind enough to writte for me
a small piece of code (up to 50 lines) for a project I am working on. The
task is rather trivial:

1) Open mailbox on startup
2) Check for new email periodically
  2.1) If there is email load sender and text part of body and process it.
  2.2) Repeat 2.1) up to a limit or until all emails are processed.
3) Delete all processed emails.
4) Close mailbox on exit.

Steps 2&3 are repeated until server shutdown. Any and all help is
appreciated.

	Vlatko Surlan, PMF Zagreb, Mathematics Department, student
	alternate email : [email-masked]
	phone : 385 (0) 98/1722-187

-- 
------------------------------------------------------------------
 For information about this mailing list, and its archives, see: 
 http://www.washington.edu/imap/c-client-list.html
------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: "Jeff Breitner" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 10:26:44 -0400

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] 
> [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Vlatko Surlan
> Sent: Wednesday, May 14, 2003 9:54 AM
> To: c-client mailing list
> Subject: Help needed
> 
> 
> 
>  Greetings. I have been trying to figure out how to use 
> c-client library to access email, but it turns out to be more 
> to it than I thought it would be. I was wondering if someone 
> would be kind enough to writte for me a small piece of code 
> (up to 50 lines) for a project I am working on. The task is 
> rather trivial:
> 

Within the c-client tarball is mtest.  Mtest should provide a pretty
good skeleton to get you started since it'll open a local mailbox and
tell you all sorts of nifty things about it.

---

From: tomas pospisek <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 May 2003 09:04:36 +0200 (CEST)

> Steps 2&3 are repeated until server shutdown. Any and all help is

Look at the source of the small utilities inside the imap-200*.*.tar.Z
package. Alternatively mailsync does pretty much what what you are
describing above just in a different context. You might want to look at
it's sourcecode (allthough it's in no way a reference).
*t

--
Jedes gesellschaftliche System, das Amerikas Zivilisationsinteresse der
zumindest mittelbaren Kontrolle des schwarzen Goldes gefährdet, muss
grundsätzlich mit Befreiung und präventiven Sicherheitsmaßnahmen rechnen. Noch
kostbarer als Öl ist jedoch die Freiheit. Amerika verschenkt sie ...
Goedart Palm