Subject: converting mbox to mbx....

From: Oskar Teran <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2002 16:28:34 -0600

hello people,
If Mark sees this...I did as you told me ...by using the mailutil to 
create the mbx mailboxes.  
However, all the new mbx mailboxes are in /, not in the /home/USER 
directory.
Of course the /home/user is where the mbox (INBOX) files are, some with 
mail already.  So...how can I get the system to use the new mbx mailboxes?
I've tried running the mbxcvt but it won't work.

[root@mail imap-2002.RC10]# ls
an        dmail     imapd     makefile.nt   mbxcopy   OSTYPE    tmail
c-client  docs      imapxfer  makefile.ntk  mbxcreat  README    tools
chkmail   icat      ipopd     makefile.os2  mbxcvt    SPECIALS  WARNING
CONTENTS  ifrom     mailutil  makefile.w2k  mlock     src
CPYRIGHT  imapcopy  Makefile  makefile.wce  mtest     SUPPORT
[root@mail imap-2002.RC10]#

this is where it is....here is what's inside the thing

[root@mail mbxcvt]# ls
CPYRIGHT  Makefile  mbxcvt.1  mbxcvt.c
[root@mail mbxcvt]#

I'm sorry about asking all this stuff.....I'm not an IMAP guru....1st 
time using this stuff.  I've read the IMAP book from o'reilly, but it's 
for the previous version of imap.  I installed the new one.....a lot of 
things in the book don't work the same in the new imap version.

Thanks,

Oskar

-- 
------------------------------------------------------------------
 For information about this mailing list, and its archives, see: 
 http://www.washington.edu/imap/c-client-list.html
------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Mark Crispin <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2002 15:19:27 -0800 (Pacific Standard Time)

Your problem may be due to you running these programs as root.  It would
be better if you su to the individual users and then convert.

-- Mark --

http://staff.washington.edu/mrc
Science does not emerge from voting, party politics, or public debate.

---

From: Oskar Teran <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2002 17:42:00 -0600

>Science does not emerge from voting, party politics, or public debate.
I'll try that.....