Subject: Creating a DLL from cclient.lib

From: David Choweller <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 May 2002 11:47:36 -0700

I am attempting to create a dynamic library from cclient.lib.

Has anyone done this before?  Which libraries do I need to 
satisfy the references made by cclient.lib?

________________________________________________________________________
This email has been scanned for all viruses by the MessageLabs SkyScan
service. For more information on a proactive anti-virus service working
around the clock, around the globe, visit http://www.messagelabs.com
________________________________________________________________________
-- 
------------------------------------------------------------------
 For information about this mailing list, and its archives, see: 
 http://www.washington.edu/imap/c-client-list.html
------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Shawn Walker <[email-masked]>
Date: 31 May 2002 14:01:57 -0500

I converted c-client to a dll.  It's really easy, but time consuming.  I
created a dll.h and put that in mail.h (at the top).

For each function I want to export/import, I just add LINKDLL to the
function.  I have modified the makefiles so that I can create a shared
and static library.

The only other thing that I have done is to modify the code not call
abort(), I just return NIL back to the caller and let the caller handle
the error.  It's frustrating the library cause a SIGABRT, I rather my
application does it than the library.