Subject: Pop mail taking a long time.

From: "Johnathon B. Allread - " East Coast Computers <[email-masked]>
Date: 08 Nov 2002 15:55:05 -0500

Hello all.

I am running Mandrake 9.0, Imap-2001a-9mdk, and postfix.  My server has
a static private ip address and I port forward ports 110, 143, and 25 to
the server using a D-Link router.  The problem I am having is that when
I try to "pop" email from the server, I connect to the server and takes
approx 20-30 seconds before it pulls the mail.  It seems as if something
is timing out before it lets the mail go out.  Any ideas?

I really appreciate the help.

Thanks,

Johnathon
-- 

Johnathon B. Allread
A+, MCP, MCSA, Linux User
East Coast Computers
1902 Colley Avenue
Norfolk, VA 23517-1613
http://www.eastcoast-pc.com
PH   757-313-7582
FX   757-313-7587
Cell 757-235-5629

-- 
------------------------------------------------------------------
 For information about this mailing list, and its archives, see: 
 http://www.washington.edu/imap/c-client-list.html
------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Mark Crispin <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Nov 2002 13:18:33 -0800 (Pacific Standard Time)

On Fri, 8 Nov 2002, Johnathon B. Allread -  East Coast Computers wrote:
> The problem I am having is that when

Read:
	http://www.washington.edu/imap/IMAP-FAQs/index.html#7.24

If you still have problems after fixing what's discussed in that FAQ, ask
again.

-- Mark --

http://staff.washington.edu/mrc
Science does not emerge from voting, party politics, or public debate.