Subject: X-UID followup

From: "J. A. Landamore" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 11:07:05 +0100 (BST)

Further to my previous mail, does "mailutil move" strip the X-UID header out of 
mail it moves to mbx mailboxes?  It certainly appears to do so as I cannot find 
it X-UID in any of the files I moved.

Thanks

John Landamore
University of Leicester
-- 
------------------------------------------------------------------
 For information about this mailing list, and its archives, see: 
 http://www.washington.edu/imap/c-client-list.html
------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Mark Crispin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 06:15:39 -0700 (PDT)

> it X-UID in any of the files I moved.

The X-UID header is only used in the traditional UNIX mailbox format.  It
is not used in mbx format since in mbx format the UIDs are stored in the
message metadata.  Consequently, all headers that are specific to
traditional UNIX mailbox format are removed when converting to mbx format.

-- Mark --

http://staff.washington.edu/mrc
Science does not emerge from voting, party politics, or public debate.