Subject: Problem with mail_search_full on an account with more than 20 mails

From: "Guillaume Vaillant" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 May 2003 12:34:13 +0200

Hello,

I use the mail_search_full function to retrieve mail information on an IMAP
account.
All it's OK if the used account has not more than 20 mails.
For the 21st mail the associated elt is empty.

have you an explanation for this problem ?

Thank's
guyom

-- 
------------------------------------------------------------------
 For information about this mailing list, and its archives, see: 
 http://www.washington.edu/imap/c-client-list.html
------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Mark Crispin <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 May 2003 04:15:34 -0700 (PDT)

> For the 21st mail the associated elt is empty.

This is perfectly normal caching behavior of c-client, but is a bug in
your program.

Clients can not assume that an elt is filled in unless they first perform
a mail_fetch_fast() or mail_fetch_structure() on the associated message
first.

Put more strongly, it is a bug to call mail_elt() for a message without
first calling mail_fetch_fast() or mail_fetch_structure() on that message.

This is documented in internal.txt.

-- Mark --

http://staff.washington.edu/mrc
Science does not emerge from voting, party politics, or public debate.