Subject: How to start imapd as daemon process instead of starting from inetd

From: "kclo2000" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2003 12:27:03 +0800

Dear all,

How to start imapd process as daemon instead of starting from inetd?

Thanks!
-- 
------------------------------------------------------------------
 For information about this mailing list, and its archives, see: 
 http://www.washington.edu/imap/c-client-list.html
------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Mark Crispin <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2003 22:35:19 -0700 (PDT)

> How to start imapd process as daemon instead of starting from inetd?

You don't.

Each imapd session requires its own process, so it can setuid() itself to
the user.  Therefore, there would be no advantage to running imapd as a
daemon.

-- Mark --

http://staff.washington.edu/mrc
Science does not emerge from voting, party politics, or public debate.
Si vis pacem, para bellum.