Subject: [Imap-uw] dmail.exe on Win32

From: Michael Trank <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2005 10:55:58 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Mark and others:

I have successfully built imapd.exe on Windows 2K. But I am unable to
build "dmail.exe", I think because it can't find the "lstat()" function.

Is dmail for Win32 only available under Cygwin?

thanks.

        cl -I..\c-client /MT /W3 /DWIN32 -nologo
-DALERTFILE=\"\" -DNNTPFILE=\"
\" -DUSERALERTFILE=\"\" -DANOFILE=\"\" -DSHUTDOWNFILE=\"\" /c dmail.c
dmail.c
..\c-client\mail.h(472) : warning C4005: 'ERROR' : macro redefinition
        D:\Program Files\Microsoft Platform SDK\Include\wingdi.h(98) : see
previ
ous definition of 'ERROR'
..\c-client\misc.h(34) : error C2011: 'hash_entry' : 'struct' type
redefinition
..\c-client\misc.h(43) : error C2011: 'hash_table' : 'struct' type
redefinition
dmail.c(145) : error C2065: 'EX_USAGE' : undeclared identifier
dmail.c(152) : error C2065: 'EX_TEMPFAIL' : undeclared identifier
dmail.c(216) : error C2065: 'EX_CANTCREAT' : undeclared identifier
dmail.c(246) : warning C4013: 'lstat' undefined; assuming extern returning
int
dmail.c(280) : error C2065: 'EX_UNAVAILABLE' : undeclared identifier
dmail.c(287) : warning C4013: 'path_create' undefined; assuming extern
returning
 int
dmail.c(399) : error C2065: 'S_ISUID' : undeclared identifier
dmail.c(399) : error C2065: 'S_ISGID' : undeclared identifier
dmail.c(408) : error C2065: 'S_IFBLK' : undeclared identifier
dmail.c(408) : error C2051: case expression not constant
dmail.c(409) : error C2065: 'S_IFLNK' : undeclared identifier
dmail.c(408) : error C2065: 'S_IFBLK' : undeclared identifier
dmail.c(408) : error C2051: case expression not constant
dmail.c(409) : error C2065: 'S_IFLNK' : undeclared identifier
dmail.c(409) : error C2051: case expression not constant
dmail.c(410) : error C2065: 'S_IFSOCK' : undeclared identifier
dmail.c(410) : error C2051: case expression not constant
dmail.c(428) : error C2051: case expression not constant
dmail.c(429) : error C2065: 'EX_OSERR' : undeclared identifier
dmail.c(429) : error C2051: case expression not constant
dmail.c(430) : error C2065: 'EX_SOFTWARE' : undeclared identifier
dmail.c(430) : error C2051: case expression not constant
dmail.c(431) : error C2065: 'EX_NOUSER' : undeclared identifier
dmail.c(431) : error C2051: case expression not constant
dmail.c(432) : error C2051: case expression not constant
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'cl' : return code '0x2'
Stop.

_______________________________________________
Imap-uw mailing list
[email-masked]
https://mailman1.u.washington.edu/mailman/listinfo/imap-uw

---

From: Mark Crispin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2005 10:53:41 -0700

> Is dmail for Win32 only available under Cygwin?

There is no such thing as dmail for Win32; it is a UNIX-only application.

dmail may be made to work under Cygwin, but this is completely 
unsupported.  The existance of a Cygwin build in the UW IMAP makefiles 
should not be construed to indicate any support or promise that it will 
actually work.  There are known issues in running under Cygwin.

-- Mark --

http://staff.washington.edu/mrc
Science does not emerge from voting, party politics, or public debate.
Si vis pacem, para bellum.
_______________________________________________
Imap-uw mailing list
[email-masked]
https://mailman1.u.washington.edu/mailman/listinfo/imap-uw

---

From: Michael Trank <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2005 11:22:21 -0400 (EDT)

Thanks for the quick answer... Is there any way, then, to deliver to an
"mbx" type mailbox on Windows?

I have an application where there are several concurrent imapd processes
opening the same mailbox, and it is giving me problems... every time a new
connection is opened and the INBOX selected, the already opened
connections get that "kiss of death interrupt" thing.

---

From: Mark Crispin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2005 11:22:10 -0700 (Pacific Daylight Time)

> "mbx" type mailbox on Windows?

Not a supported one, no.

If you were going to undertake that, I would recommend looking into 
writing a module for your existing mail delivery agent to use c-client to 
append to an mbx file.  You may be able to hack dmail or tmail for this 
purpose, but these programs are designed to be called by UNIX MTAs and are 
probably not suitable in a Windows world.

-- Mark --