Subject: decode Header

From: Raul Dias <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2000 19:43:48 -0300

Hi,

This is a newbe question, but I did not figure it out.

What kind of encode is the following text:
=?ISO-8859-1?Q?F=E1bio_Oliv=E9_Leite?=

It is a From: header. 

It probably is a quoted-printable one.  But the question is why
isn't the '=?ISO-8859-1?Q?' part decoded too?

I know I can just cut it off myself, but I want to know what is going on 
before doing it.

Thanks,
Raul Dias
-- 
------------------------------------------------------------------
 For information about this mailing list, and its archives, see: 
 http://www.washington.edu/imap/c-client-list.html
------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Jacob Morzinski <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2000 23:08:24 -0400 (EDT)

> =?ISO-8859-1?Q?F=E1bio_Oliv=E9_Leite?=

You should read RFC 2047 (MIME Part Three:
Message Header Extensions for Non-ASCII Text).
It describes what the header you mentioned is.

-- 
 Jacob Morzinski                                [email-masked]