Subject: Bugfix to the `Bogus entry in new cache list' crash

From: Mark Crispin <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Dec 1992 23:00:25 -0800 (PST)

The MIME-attached difference file fixes a bug in c-client's berkeley mail
driver (bezerk.c) which caused a crash with the message `Bogus entry in new
cache list' when it encounted a mailbox that had empty messages such as in
this example (I have inserted leading spaces to prevent possible confusion):

 From <@UICVM.UIC.EDU:[email-masked]> Fri Dec  4 07:08 EST 1992
 From <@UICVM.UIC.EDU:[email-masked]> Fri Dec  4 07:23 EST 1992
 From <@UICVM.UIC.EDU:[email-masked]> Fri Dec  4 07:27 EST 1992
 From <@pucc.PRINCETON.EDU:[email-masked]> Fri Dec  4 07:30 EST 1992
 From [email-masked] Fri Dec  4 09:58 EST 1992

When the mailbox is rewritten by c-client, two additional newlines will be
inserted as well as a Status and X-Status line.

Thanks to Dan Mandell for giving me excellent sample data which reproduced the
problem.  This problem was evidentally caused by a disk full condition on
their HP-UX system, leading to appends to the mailbox of the `From ' headers
but not the actual mail data.

This fix is also in the latest mail/imap.tar.Z on ftp.cac.washington.edu.

-- Mark --