Subject: Use of 'peek' flag with Perl Mail::Cclient package

From: davis mcpherson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 1999 20:19:17 -0400

I've written a mail client in Perl using the Mail::Cclient package to
fetch messages from an IMAP server
(the server i'm using is the Cryus server)...This client fetches
messages but I do not what the /Seen flag
to be set so I pass the 'peek' flag in my calls to to fetchtext for non
MIME messages and to fetchbody
when fetching the attachments of MIME messages...for non-MIME the peek
seems to work and the
message is not marked as /Seen on the server..however for MIME messages
the /Seen flag is set
when my client does the fetchbody call...If anyone has seen this
behavior or knows how to properly
use the 'peek' flag I would greatly appreciate some insight....

thanks for your help and if any additional information or clarification
of my setup is required to
help solve this problem please e-mail me

---

From: Mark Crispin <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 1999 18:47:47 -0700 (PDT)

I'm fairly sure this problem is with the Perl code.  I don't see how a fetch
body operation can fail to respect the peek flag when it comes to whether or
not \Seen should be set implicitly.

---

From: davis mcpherson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 1999 07:04:30 -0400

I'm certain you are right...just hoping someone had seen this problem
before...i'll look thru
the Perl Mail::Cclient package source today and see if I can determine what is
going on...