Subject: SUMMARY: UW imapd and InstantSSL certs

From: Kai Lanz <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2004 11:14:21 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks to Mark Crispin and Jim Seymour for their quick responses.
I had asked about setting up the imapd.pem file using the several
certificates we get from InstantSSL.

Jim's suggestion seems to be working for us:

>There will be four components to what you'll have to put in imapd.pem,
>when using InstantSSL/Comodo certs:
>
>   Server private key
>   Your server cert.
>   N-year Comodo intermediate cert.
>   GTE N-year root (?) cert.

I catted these four files into a new imapd.pem for our server:

# cat server.key ourhost_domain_edu.crt ComodoSecurityServicesCA.crt \
GTECyberTrustGlobalRoot.crt > imapd.pem.new

Tests with Eudora and the MacOS X Mail.app clients worked as expected.
I'll probably set up the symlink Mark mentioned as well.

-- 
------------------------------------------------------------------
 For information about this mailing list, and its archives, see: 
 http://www.washington.edu/imap/c-client-list.html
------------------------------------------------------------------