Subject: Moving from unix mailbox to mbx

From: Rolf Habing <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2000 20:28:08 +0100

I'm trying to find out how to convert from UNIX mailbox format to mbx.
I've got the latest version of imapd installed -
imap-2000.RELEASE-CANDIDATE.5
and have also got the imap-utils to go with it.

When I convert a sample inbox file (one from my old mail server) to mbx
format with
# mbxcvt rjh1 mbx rolf
then the conversion does result in an mbx format mailbox. However, when
I move this new mbx file (rolf) into /var/spool/mail, then I cannot see
it when accessing it with a mail client.
I did compile imap-2000 with make slx, and have set EXTRADRIVERS in
Makefile to mbx instead of mbox. I guess it's something simple that I',
missing, but i cannot figure it out.
I've been scanning the archives and newsgroups for a couple of days now,

without any luck.

Our site will soon get a new mail server, which will run RH6.2, and I'm
trying to find out how to move all the 20,000 users accross. Ideally I'd

like to convert all the mailfolders to something somewhat more efficient

than the current UNIX format.

I would be very grateful for any advice that you could give.

Thanks,
Rolf Habing
Systems and Networking
Canterbury Christ Church University College

-- 
------------------------------------------------------------------
 For information about this mailing list, and its archives, see: 
 http://www.washington.edu/imap/c-client-list.html
------------------------------------------------------------------