Subject: Fetching message fields for sequence of messages

From: "Hullatti, Manjula" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2001 17:28:07 -0500

Hi Mark,

This is about fetching the subject fields at once for a sequence of messages.
Can I use the 
mail_fetch_overview (MAILSTREAM *stream,char *sequence,overview_t ofn)

function instead of  

mail_fetchsubject (char *s,MAILSTREAM *stream,unsigned long msgno, long length)?

If yes, what is overview_t parameter ? What should be passed here? And where will be the subjects for different messages will be stored ? How do I fetch them ?

Thanks,
Manjula
-- 
------------------------------------------------------------------
 For information about this mailing list, and its archives, see: 
 http://www.washington.edu/imap/c-client-list.html
------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Mark Crispin <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2001 16:09:47 -0700 (Pacific Daylight Time)

You can use mail_fetch_overview(), but that function is primarily for NNTP
connections and you will gain no great benefit from using it.

The overview_t argument is a callback function to return the data.  Look
at the source code to see how it works.

-- Mark --

http://staff.washington.edu/mrc
Science does not emerge from voting, party politics, or public debate.