Subject: Mail transfer progress state

From: Akmal Khodjanov <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2004 12:33:00 +0500

Hello c-client subscribers,

Happy coming new year to all of you.

Is there any way I can get progress state while sending/receiving
messages using c-client library? I would like to show how many bytes
has been transfered so far and stuff like that. Is there any available
callbacks for that?

Thanks.

-akmal.

-- 
Best regards,
 Akmal                          mailto:[email-masked]

-- 
------------------------------------------------------------------
 For information about this mailing list, and its archives, see: 
 http://www.washington.edu/imap/c-client-list.html
------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Mark Crispin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2004 06:50:06 -0800 (Pacific Standard Time)

> has been transfered so far and stuff like that. Is there any available

Not directly.  However, you have indirect ways that you can do this.

In SMTP only, you can devise your own I/O function that keeps track via 
the rfc822out_t hook through rfc822_output().

In a more general way (SMTP, IMAP, POP, NNTP), you can use the alternative 
netdriver capability through the net_open() abstraction to do something 
like this as well.

It's doable but fairly complex.  I suggest that you study the code that I 
pointed to, and also look at the Pine source code to see how Pine uses 
alternative netdrivers.  It'll also require some creative programming on 
your part.  Good luck!

-- Mark --

http://staff.washington.edu/mrc
Science does not emerge from voting, party politics, or public debate.
Si vis pacem, para bellum.

---

From: Shawn Walker <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2004 12:53:00 -0600

Does c-client send a BYE to mm_notify() or mm_log() when the server 
disconnect after x minutes of inactivity?  I had Ethereal running and 
when I saw a FIN from the server, c-client never sent a BYE that the 
connection has been disconnected.
-- 
------------------------------------------------------------------
 For information about this mailing list, and its archives, see: 
 http://www.washington.edu/imap/c-client-list.html
------------------------------------------------------------------