Subject: Greetings.

From: Mike Trank <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 1999 19:28:40 -0600 (CST)

Hi, I just signed up.

I've been using the c-client stuff for over a year now, and I guess I
should have signed up a while ago.

First, an observation: I have been writing  C++ programs where I have been
encapsulating the C-client functions in classes, and putting the "mail.h"
header file in my programs with the "#ifdef __cplusplus" thing. There are
a couple of structures within structures, most notably withing
MESSAGECACHE which are called "private".

"Private" is a reserved word in C++, so it's a no-no to make a variable
with that name. So, I always rename this structure variable before
compiling my c++ programs. But, I think, you should change it in the
distribution, so that it would work out of the box for  C++.

By the way, I have found that making those C++ classes out of the c-client
functions is a pretty nifty thing to do. It works rather well.

I have another problem, but I'll put it in another message.

-- 
------------------------------------------------------------------
 For information about this mailing list, and its archives, see: 
 http://www.washington.edu/imap/c-client-list.html
------------------------------------------------------------------