Subject: IMAP shared/public folders

From: Clive McDowell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2000 10:25:22 +0000

Hi,

could anyone tell me how to set these up on a unix host (IMAP4rev1 
v12.254)? I've checked the documentation but I don't quite follow the
section on it in drivers.txt - a problem with my own ignorance no 
doubt. Any pointers to relevant documentation appreciated.

A supplementary question - what is the difference between shared and 
public folders?

thanks,

Clive McDowell

University Computing Services
The Queen's University of Belfast
-- 
------------------------------------------------------------------
 For information about this mailing list, and its archives, see: 
 http://www.washington.edu/imap/c-client-list.html
------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Mark Crispin <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2000 08:16:48 -0800 (PST)

On Mon, 14 Feb 2000 10:25:22 +0000, Clive McDowell wrote:
> v12.254)?

Create two new users: imapshared and imapublic.

#shared/ files are in imapshared's home directory.
#public/ files are in imapublic's home directory.

You probably want to set the directory protections to allow other users to
access them, e.g. 777 or 775.

> A supplementary question - what is the difference between shared and

shared folders are not accessible by IMAP user anonymous.  public folders are.