Subject: Anyone know what this Pop3 error means?

From: "Lawrence Abrams" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2000 17:50:36 -0400

When I looked at my console today I noticed i had a series of errors on my
screen that were like <dont remember exact structure>:

[ipop3d] Illegal seek error while reading line <more information>

Anyone know what this means?

Lawrence Abrams

-- 
------------------------------------------------------------------
 For information about this mailing list, and its archives, see: 
 http://www.washington.edu/imap/c-client-list.html
------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Mark Crispin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2000 14:59:35 -0700 (PDT)

> [ipop3d] Illegal seek error while reading line <more information>

Hmm, an ESPIPE as the last error, that's a new one on me.

Anyway, 99.9% of the time, it's really an end of file condition on the input
socket.  If you upgrade to the latest ipop3d, on:
	ftp://ftp.cac.washington.edu/mail/imap.tar.Z
you'll get the correct "Command stream end of file" instead of "Illegal seek
error".