Subject: mbx-format INBOX ignored

From: Steve Barber <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 1999 14:26:16 -0400

A (hopefully) quick question:

I'm using imapd from the 4.6.BETA that was current around mid-June.
I'm just building it pretty much straight out of the box.  This is
on a Solaris 2.6 machine.

So far so good - using standard UNIX mailboxes (/var/mail/user == INBOX)
everything works fine.  However, when I build the imap-utils and
run mbxcreat to create an INBOX in my home directory, the daemon never
seems to find it - it continues to use the spool file as the INBOX,
leaving the INBOX file untouched.

The drivers.txt file implies that just the presence of this file should
be enough to make imapd start using it, yet this isn't happening.  I'm
not using a (non-supported) config file or anything like that.

How best can I track this down?

Steve
-- 
------------------------------------------------------------------
 For information about this mailing list, and its archives, see: 
 http://www.washington.edu/imap/c-client-list.html
------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Mark Crispin <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 1999 12:04:02 -0700 (PDT)

On Thu, 26 Aug 1999 14:26:16 -0400, Steve Barber wrote:
> However, when I build the imap-utils and

What is the exact command that you used to mbxcreat to create the INBOX file?

The correct command to create an mbx-format INBOX is:
	mbxcreat #driver.mbx/INBOX

---

From: Steve Barber <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 1999 15:38:30 -0400

>         mbxcreat #driver.mbx/INBOX

That was the problem.  The name of the program caused me to assume
that it was specifically creating an mbx mailbox.  I see now that it's
a more generic tool than that.  Anyway, it's working now - thanks!

(There's a message in the archives that shows just "mbxcreat filename"
too, with the driver component, which helped mislead me.)

Steve

---

From: Steve Barber <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 1999 15:47:57 -0400

> too, with the driver component, which helped mislead me.)

Ack, I meant *without* the driver component.

Steve