Subject: Problem with locking

From: Luis Melendez Aganzo <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2000 10:27:33 +0200

Hi all.
I have made a program that uses c-client to remove messages from mailboxes 
according to
some criteria (message size, age, etc.). I can give it a list of
mailboxes to clean. The problem I have is that if a mailbox is
locked by another program, my program blocks
(truss show: fcntl(5, F_SETLKW, 0xEFFFABE0))
until the mailbox is unlocked.
My box is a Solaris server, and many people keeps mailtool running for hours,
and this keeps the mailbox locked all the time. So when my program wants
to access one such mailbox, it blocks until mailtool ends.

Is there any solution to this?

Regards.

-- 
+---------------------------------------------^-----------------------------+
| Luis Melendez Aganzo                        ^  Email: [email-masked]        |
| Centro de Calculo Cientifico                ^  Tlf: 34-(9)57-211019       |
| Analista. Area de Sistemas y Comunicaciones ^  Fax: 34-(9)57-218116       |
| Universidad de Cordoba (SPAIN)              ^  http://www.uco.es          |
+---------------------------------------------^-----------------------------+

-- 
------------------------------------------------------------------
 For information about this mailing list, and its archives, see: 
 http://www.washington.edu/imap/c-client-list.html
------------------------------------------------------------------