Subject: announcing: imap-4.2 toolkit now available

From: Mark Crispin <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 1998 19:14:21 -0700 (PDT)

imap-4.2 toolkit is a one-shot release; that is, there will be one, and
only one, distributed version of imap-4.2 (no multiple beta and final
releases).

imap-4.2 contains no significant functional changes from imap-4.1.FINAL,
but contains a number of code cleanups and minor fixes.  imap-4.2
completely supercedes all versions of imap-4.1, including imap-4.1.FINAL.  
All sites running any version of imap-4.1, *especially* imap-4.1.BETA
versions, are urged to upgrade to imap-4.2 as soon as possible.

There are no known security problems in imap-4.2; in particularly, the
vulnerability posted in the recent CERT and BUGTRAQ announcents is NOT
present in imap-4.2.

Here are the version numbers of the imap-4.2 servers:
	imapd	v11.237
	ipop3d	v5.49
	ipop2d	v4.46

imap-4.2 is distributed as part of Pine 4.01, and is also distributed
independently as
	ftp://ftp.cac.washington.edu/mail/imap-4.2.tar.Z
In addition, the imap-utils
	ftp://ftp.cac.washington.edu/mail/imap-utils.tar.Z
have been updated to build with imap-4.2.

Barring any unforeseen problems im imap-4.2, imap-4.3 will be distributed
in active development/beta state with periodic updates, the way imap-4.1
was.  [imap-4.3 doesn't exist yet, so don't ask...]

-- Mark --

* RCW 19.149 notice: This email address is located in Washington State.	*
* Unsolicited commercial email may be billed $500 per message.		*
Science does not emerge from voting, party politics, or public debate.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
 For information about this mailing list, and its archives, see: 
 http://www.washington.edu/imap/imap-list.html
-----------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Mark Crispin <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Aug 1998 20:36:42 -0700 (PDT)

On Wed, 5 Aug 1998, Lai Yiu Fai wrote:
> It found the latest imap-4.2 dumps core with a "SEARCH TO" command.  It can be
> reproduced with a Pine 3.96 client on any mailbox (";"Select->"T"ext->"T"o->
> "any string").

This is a known problem that is fixed in the imap-4.3.BETA.