Subject: Mac OS X DSO Build Problems

From: Dustin Sias <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 13:22:50 -0500

I'm trying to build the c-client as a shared library (.so) under 
Macosx. In previous systems I just used the static libs to build imap 
support into PHP4. This build is for fink (fink.sf.net) so users can 
add or delete imap support from PHP4.

However I receive the following undefined symbols while building the 
c-client. This causes PHP4 to fail to load while IMAP support is 
enabled in php.ini. What is the best method to add these functions to 
the c-client build? I can see they are part of mailutils, but seeing 
that PHP4 with static c-client works fine, these functions appear never 
to  be called by the php4-imap-extension.

I could use help to get a working shared library of the c-client. Why 
are these function not include with the c-cleint by default?

----
ld: warning undefined symbols:
_mm_fatal
_mm_log
_mm_login
_mm_dlog
_mm_exists
_mm_expunged
_mm_flags
_mm_notify
_mm_searched
_mm_status
_mm_lsub
_mm_list
_mm_critical
_mm_diskerror
_mm_nocritical
echo osx > OSTYPE

Best Regards,

-Dustin

-- 
------------------------------------------------------------------
 For information about this mailing list, and its archives, see: 
 http://www.washington.edu/imap/c-client-list.html
------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Mark Crispin <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 10:28:32 -0800 (PST)

> ld: warning undefined symbols:

Those functions are not part of c-client.  They are callbacks in the
application program.

Unless you are regularly running more than one application that uses
c-client simultaneously, what benefit do you think that you get by making
c-client a shared library?

-- Mark --

http://staff.washington.edu/mrc
Science does not emerge from voting, party politics, or public debate.
Si vis pacem, para bellum.