Subject: Secure ipop3d on Mac OS 10.3

From: Randall Perry <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2003 18:44:41 -0500

Succesfully compiled imap-2000e with pam and with ssl (created and installed
imapd.pem ok).

With just pam, auth works fine. With ssl I get failed logins on email
clients.

I'm unsure of how to configure entourage for secure pop but tried all the
options. I got useful feedback from only one: checking 'Always use secure
password.' With that I get the error:

"The server returned the following error
Supported authentication mechanisms: Check the username/password or security
settings."

I'd appreciate any info on how to debug this.

-- 
Randall Perry
sysTame

Xserve Web Hosting/Co-location
Website Development/Promotion
Mac Consulting/Sales

http://www.systame.com/

-- 
------------------------------------------------------------------
 For information about this mailing list, and its archives, see: 
 http://www.washington.edu/imap/c-client-list.html
------------------------------------------------------------------