Subject: Mozilla-1.1/IMAP/SSL MailFolder problem

From: "Young H. Etheridge" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2002 10:44:00 -0400

I use Mozilla-1.1's Mail/News Module to connect to my Linux (RedHat-7.1) 
IMAP service over SSL.  I have many mailfolders with subfolders in my 
IMAP personal directory.  Everytime I open a first-level mailfolder with 
subfolders, my client-side IMAP directory immediately receives many new, 
undesirable folder directives of directories visited throughout my IMAP 
server filesystem, starting with the root.  The resultant labels in the 
Mozilla client directory are <8-hexit_file_name>.msf which contain the 
Mozilla folder IMAP directives/attributes.  My client-side IMAP 
configuration preferences do not allow the IMAP server to override the 
server namespace.  The personal namespace allows "#mh/","#mhinbox", and 
"".  The Public (shared) and Other namespaces are empty.

This problem does not arise when the same IMAP connection does not use SSL.

-- 
------------------------------------------------------------------
 For information about this mailing list, and its archives, see: 
 http://www.washington.edu/imap/c-client-list.html
------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Mark Crispin <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2002 08:29:21 -0700 (PDT)

Two obvious (to me, anyway) questions:

Have you verified that the same imapd binary is running on both the non-SSL
port (port 143) and the SSL port (port 993)?  If not, perhaps you modified one
imapd binary to return a different view of the namespace, but not the other
one.

Have you asked the Mozilla people?  This seems to be more of a Mozilla issue
than a c-client issue.  imapd does not unilaterally send data; it has to be
asked by the client (Mozilla in this case) to do so.