Subject: AIX 3.2 Version

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 02 Feb 1995 14:33:15 -0800

Hello, I'm trying to compile Stanford's XLView 2.3 client and have 
already built Univ. Washington IMAP 3.6 BETA Server.  Stanford's 
notes say to contact you for the appropriate system makefile. 

Thank you in advance.
--
____________________________________________________________________
Teresa Downey   	<[email-masked]>     415-926-2903  
Stanford Linear Accelerator

---

From: Mark Crispin <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Feb 1995 15:03:27 -0800 (PST)

> notes say to contact you for the appropriate system makefile. 

Hello.  I'm not sure what Stanford's notes mean by that comment, but you 
already have anything you need, from us anyway.  I suggest that you 
contact the Stanford people if you need additional assistance.

---

From: Mike Macgirvin <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Feb 1995 15:13:59 -0800 (PST)

<[email-masked]> writes:

>  Hello, I'm trying to compile Stanford's XLView 2.3 client and
>  have  already built Univ. Washington IMAP 3.6 BETA Server. 
>  Stanford's notes say to contact you for the appropriate system makefile. 

	Teresa, the xlview program didn't come with the full imap distribution.
What you should do is to replace xlview's c-client with that from your server. 

cd xlview_source_dir
mv Client old-Client
ln -s imap-client-dir Client
xmkmf
make

	The only tricky part is the ln command. I don't know if AIX supports 
symlinks. If not, ignore the "-s". 
	"imap_client_dir" should be wherever your IMAP c-client directory is, 
which is contained within the IMAP source directory (actually linked to 
"systype/c-client" but that just confuses the issue). If I have IMAP sources in
"~/mailprogs", the command would be:

ln -s ~/mailprogs/imap/c-client Client

Hope this helps.

mike