Subject: little problems, maybe to sutpid ;)

From: Tom Fischer <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2001 15:02:19 +0100

Hi,

i'm new to imap and I'm cross-reading the book mailmanagment with Imap. 
I'm playing around now for two or three weeks with the uw-imap. After 
miger testing it and thinking it runs good i migrated my mail-account 
from pop to imap (I'm using the pop3d from the imap-2001 package). So i 
converted all my unix-mailbox-files to mbx. So far so good. But when i 
create a new 'Sub-Folder' in my client (it's mozilla 0.9.4, 0.9.7 
compiles at this time) the new file is in unix-mailbox format. How can i 
change this?

Another Problem i have is with shared folders. public folders works fine 
and i can subscribe to the subfolders. i created a new directory shared 
and changed the group-ownership, placed the user in the group for having 
access to shared. modes for group is 7. But if i want to subscribe there 
, i can't see it in the folder list. where i'm going wrong?

regards and happy new year

Tom
-- 
Tom Fischer			ABH Marketingservice GmbH
System Administrator		Weisshaustraße 23a
Tel: 0221-94400446		50939 Köln
http://www.abh.de

-- 
------------------------------------------------------------------
 For information about this mailing list, and its archives, see: 
 http://www.washington.edu/imap/c-client-list.html
------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Mark Crispin <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2001 10:21:17 -0800 (PST)

> compiles at this time) the new file is in unix-mailbox format. How can i

in imap-????/src/osdep/unix/Makefile, change:
	CREATEPROTO=unixproto
to
	CREATEPROTO=mbxproto
and rebuild.

> , i can't see it in the folder list. where i'm going wrong?

I think that you'll have to ask a Mozilla expert; this sounds like a client
issue.