Subject: $HOME/.mail instead of /var/mail/$USER

From: Geir Johannessen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 May 1998 15:35:53 +0200 (MET DST)

Apologies for not understanding the documents provided in imap-4.1/docs/
but I have a problem I just can't figure out how to fix:

I would like $HOME/.mbox to be incoming mailbox instead of
/var/mail/$USER. Where do I do this and how?

Is the correct way to edit src/osdep/unix/env_unix.c like this:

char *sysinbox ()
{
  char tmp[MAILTMPLEN];
  if (!sysInbox) {              /* initialize if first time */
    sprintf (tmp,"%s/.mail",myHomeDir);
/*    sprintf (tmp,"%s/%s",MAILSPOOL,myUserName); */
    sysInbox = cpystr (tmp);    /* system inbox is from mail spool */
  }
  return sysInbox;
}

--
Geir Johannessen          #  [email-masked]
E B Schieldropsvei 35-25  #  http://www.stud.ntnu.no/~joge/
N-7033 TRONDHEIM, NORWAY  #  Tlf private +47-73888989, job +47-73598048
"If it's worth doing, it's worth overdoing."

------------------------------------------------------------------
 For information about this mailing list, and its archives, see: 
 http://www.washington.edu/imap/c-client-list.html
------------------------------------------------------------------