Subject: [Imap-uw] login-referrals

From: Ian Eiloart <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 12:04:45 +0100

Hi,

UoW imapd advertises the LOGIN-REFERRALS capability, but I can't find any 
documentation on how to use this. Is it possible to configure the server to 
return a referral to some users, but not others? How?

Does anyone know whether any clients actually support the capability?

-- 
Ian Eiloart
Servers Team
Sussex University ITS

_______________________________________________
Imap-uw mailing list
[email-masked]
https://mailman1.u.washington.edu/mailman/listinfo/imap-uw

---

From: Mark Crispin <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 09:16:28 -0700 (PDT)

> return a referral to some users, but not others? How?

UW imapd has the necessary hooks to issue LOGIN-REFERRALS, but only if 
there is site-local software at the login point that decides whether or 
not to generate the referral.

In other words, the way to "configure" referrals is to write the local 
site software to generate a referral and then attack it to UW imapd using 
the provided hooks.  A "small matter of programming."

> Does anyone know whether any clients actually support the capability?

Pine and PC Pine will follow referrals.

-- Mark --

http://panda.com/mrc
Democracy is two wolves and a sheep deciding what to eat for lunch.
Liberty is a well-armed sheep contesting the vote.
_______________________________________________
Imap-uw mailing list
[email-masked]
https://mailman1.u.washington.edu/mailman/listinfo/imap-uw

---

From: Ian Eiloart <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 17:57:37 +0100

--On 12 September 2005 09:16:28 -0700 Mark Crispin <[email-masked]> 
wrote:

>> UoW imapd advertises the LOGIN-REFERRALS capability, but I can't find
>> any  documentation on how to use this. Is it possible to configure the
>> server to  return a referral to some users, but not others? How?
>

Ah, and I see hints on how to do that from the old archives. Cheers!

> Pine and PC Pine will follow referrals.

cool.

-- 
Ian Eiloart
Servers Team
Sussex University ITS