Subject: Confirmation on build of c-client.

From: kmm <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 1998 13:33:09 -0400

I'm currently attempting to build the c-client on Win95 using Microsoft
Visual C++ v5.0.    

I execute vcvars32.bat and then execute nmake -f makefile.nt

I get errors building mtest.c which includes linkage.c.  It is
complaining about the ^ before the & in mail_link( ^&imapdriver );

I've traced down where this ^ comes from to
\imap-4.1.BETA\src\osdep\nt\drivraux.bat.  There is a comment in this
file that states "REM Note the introduction of the caret to quote the
ampersand in NT".

So now I get the feeling that I am not building the code for Win95, but
I am in fact for NT.  However, the readme states: "The focus of
development and support is for UNIX and NT/Win32 (including Windows
95)."  And under the sources section, the description of makefile.nt is
"master makefile for NT/Win32".  

I have removed the ^ from the code and built, but I am concerned that
this is one of many issues that I will come across if this is in fact
the code for NT.  

Someone please clarify this for me.

Thank you for your time,

Kevin McFall

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 1998 13:35:01 -0400

This is going back some time, but I was able to build it on NT and it
seemed to work on NT and 95, but I had the same problem with it building on
95.

[email-masked] on 04/30/98 01:33:09 PM

To:   [email-masked]
cc:    (bcc: Shawn Wildermuth/SW/ENG/Vectis)
Subject:  Confirmation on build of c-client.