Subject: c-client code crashing with SIGPIPE

From: Karsten Ballueder <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 May 2000 16:30:00 +0100 (GMT)

Hi,

we have a particularly bad network connection here these days and I noticed that
my app quite often aborts in response to a SIGPIPE from c-client code.

I thought that c-client would catch SIGPIPE itself. Does it not do so? I.e., do
I need to take care of this in my application?
--
 Karsten Ballüder  http://Ballueder.home.dhs.org/  mailto:[email-masked]
 Physics Department, Heriot-Watt University, Edinburgh, EH14 4AS, Scotland
                     Tel. +44-(0)-131-4513068  Fax. +44-(0)-131-4513136
            "In a world without fences, who needs Gates?"  

-- 
------------------------------------------------------------------
 For information about this mailing list, and its archives, see: 
 http://www.washington.edu/imap/c-client-list.html
------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Mark Crispin <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 May 2000 17:32:25 -0700 (PDT)

On Thu, 18 May 2000 16:30:00 +0100 (GMT), Karsten Ballueder wrote:
> we have a particularly bad network connection here these days and I noticed
> that my app quite often aborts in response to a SIGPIPE from c-client code.

It would be interesting to find out why the SIGPIPE happens.  I've never seen
it.

> I thought that c-client would catch SIGPIPE itself. Does it not do so? I.e.,
> do I need to take care of this in my application?

c-client does not catch any signals at all.  You are responsible for doing
this in your application.