Subject: Pine and Cyrus interoperability

From: "John C. Hayward" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 1999 10:13:33 -0500 (CDT)

Dear C-Clients,
   If there is a better list to post this to please let me know.
With Cyrus IMPA server all users mail folders are under INBOX. with top
level folders (of a general nature) accessable.  With other clients
(Netscape, pegasus, imp) accessing folders under INBOX. is quite
reasonable.  imp in particular shows up top level folders and user folders
at the same level.
   With Pine there are two main issues:
1) Each folder shows a subfolder (foldername.) independent if there
actually is a subfolder or not.
2) If the user wants to save something to their area they have to prefix
the folder name with INBOX.

   Is there a way to configure pine so that:
1) Only acutal subfolders show up.
2) Each user would have a "namespace" where their folders would appear
at the top level or that truely top level folders might apear in a
different area so users don't have to continualy prefix folders with
INBOX.

   Thanks for any pointers.
johnh...

-- 
------------------------------------------------------------------
 For information about this mailing list, and its archives, see: 
 http://www.washington.edu/imap/c-client-list.html
------------------------------------------------------------------