Subject: User flags

From: Mark Elvers <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 11 Aug 2002 17:13:40 +0100 (BST)

I have reason to need 32 user flag,s which seems to be possible as the
elt->user_flags field is an unsigned long.  NUSERFLAGS which governs the
size of stream->user_flags[] is set to 30 in mail.h and there is a comment
on the line above which reads "These can't be changed without changing
code".  As the stream->user_flags array needs NIL as the last element what
are the implications of changing NUSERFLAGS to 33.

Thanks

Mark

-- 
------------------------------------------------------------------
 For information about this mailing list, and its archives, see: 
 http://www.washington.edu/imap/c-client-list.html
------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Mark Crispin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2002 15:39:04 -0700 (Pacific Daylight Time)

> are the implications of changing NUSERFLAGS to 33.

The reason for the NUSERFLAGS limitation at 30 is that some mailbox
formats are limited to 30 flags.  tenex and mtx will certainly break.  I
think that you can push mbx to 32 user flags.