Subject: C-Client and php4

From: Doug Dalton <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 23:14:40 -0800

I have php-4.3.1 runnning currently DSO with apache 1.3.27 on openbsd 
3.0,  php-4.3.1 will not build libphp4.so with c-client using the 
command line options:

./configure --with-mysql --with-apxs=/usr/local/apache/bin/apxs 
--enable-track-vars --with-xml --with-imap=/usr/local/imap-2002b 
--with-imap-ssl --with-gettext

but will build and install with:

./configure --with-mysql --with-apxs=/usr/local/apache/bin/apxs 
--enable-track-vars --with-xml  --with-gettext

imap-2002b is installed and working fine but I get the error in my php 
build:

Installing PHP CLI binary:        /usr/local/bin/
Installing PHP SAPI module
[activating module `php4' in /usr/local/apache/conf/httpd.conf]
cp libs/libphp4.so /usr/local/apache/libexec/libphp4.so
cp: libs/libphp4.so: No such file or directory
apxs:Break: Command failed with rc=1
make: *** [install-sapi] Error 1

but libs contains two libraries:

libs> ls
libphp4.a  libphp4.la

Any idea why php will not build with c-client?

Doug

-- 
------------------------------------------------------------------
 For information about this mailing list, and its archives, see: 
 http://www.washington.edu/imap/c-client-list.html
------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: "Jeff Breitner" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 10:40:00 -0500

Check the PHP site documentation under where they have all the user
comments.  There's a kludge to copy headers from the c-client directory
into /usr/local/include (or possibly some other place) and that should
solve your problem.

As you know, this isn't a c-client problem, it's a PHP configure-time
problem.

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] 
> [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Doug Dalton
> Sent: Wednesday, February 19, 2003 2:15 AM
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: C-Client and php4
> 
>

---

From: Doug Dalton <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 11:27:53 -0800

How do I debug the error:

*** Warning: This library needs some functionality provided by -lc-client.
*** I have the capability to make that library automatically link in when
*** you link to this library.  But I can only do this if you have a
*** shared version of the library, which you do not appear to have.

*** Warning: libtool could not satisfy all declared inter-library
*** dependencies of module libphp4.  Therefore, libtool will create
*** a static module, that should work as long as the dlopening
*** application is linked with the -dlopen flag.

When compiling php4 with imap support,  I have Imap-2002b working and I 
have the /usr/local/imap-2002b/lib and include directories setup as 
described in the documentation?