Subject: IMAPIV and ACL on folder

From: "Guillaume Vaillant" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 11:10:03 +0100

Hello,
I want to know if it's possible to modify the ACL for a specific folder with
the c-client API ?

l - lookup (mailbox is visible to LIST/LSUB commands)
r - read (SELECT the mailbox, perform CHECK, FETCH, PARTIAL,
       SEARCH, COPY from mailbox)
s - keep seen/unseen information across sessions (STORE SEEN flag)
w - write (STORE flags other than SEEN and DELETED)
i - insert (perform APPEND, COPY into mailbox)
p - post (send mail to submission address for mailbox,
       not enforced by IMAP4 itself)
c - create (CREATE new sub-mailboxes in any implementation-defined
       hierarchy)
d - delete (STORE DELETED flag, perform EXPUNGE)
a - administer (perform SETACL)

Thank's for your help
Guyom.

-- 
------------------------------------------------------------------
 For information about this mailing list, and its archives, see: 
 http://www.washington.edu/imap/c-client-list.html
------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Mark Crispin <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 05:21:59 -0800 (PST)

There are IMAP-only interfaces in c-client's IMAP driver for calling the RFC
2086 ACL commands, but there is currently no general interface.  RFC 2086 has
some design problems which make it difficult to implement for filesystem
mailboxes.  These design problems are being worked on in a successor
specification to RFC 2086, and c-client will probably implement that successor
specification.