Subject: Re:Grüße aus Darmstadt

From: Karsten Ballueder <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 1999 10:33:24 +0000 (GMT)

Hello,

occasionally I receive mails with header lines, either To: or
Subject: containing ISO8859 encoded characters. I've seen that the
c-client code contains translation tables. How can I use them to decode
these strings? Is there a function that I could pass a string like
"=?iso-8859-1?Q?Gr=FC=DFe?= aus Darmstadt"
and it would get me the Latin1 equivalent of that?

--
 Karsten Ballüder http://www.phy.hw.ac.uk/~karsten/ mailto:[email-masked]
 Physics Department, Heriot-Watt University, Edinburgh, EH14 4AS, Scotland
                     Tel. +44-(0)-131-4513068  Fax. +44-(0)-131-4513136
           "In a world without fences, who needs Gates?"  

-- 
------------------------------------------------------------------
 For information about this mailing list, and its archives, see: 
 http://www.washington.edu/imap/c-client-list.html
------------------------------------------------------------------