Subject: syntax for mail_open and mail_list?

From: Andrew Biggs <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2004 16:56:55 -0800 (PST)

Hello,

I'm trying to get a grip on the syntax I should be
using for ref and pat parameters in the mail_list()
command.  I have a stream which I've already opened
with mail_open(OP_HALFOPEN), and I'd like to do
something simple like:

001 LIST "" "*"

Just using NIL for ref and * in the pat parameter
doesn't seem to be working out.

Thanks!
Andrew

-- 
------------------------------------------------------------------
 For information about this mailing list, and its archives, see: 
 http://www.washington.edu/imap/c-client-list.html
------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Mark Crispin <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2004 17:04:43 -0800 (Pacific Standard Time)

> doesn't seem to be working out.

Leaving aside the small matter that "*" is an extraordinarily bad idea to 
send to an IMAP server, you have to use an IMAP mailbox wildcard.
 	mail_list (imapstream,NIL,"{imapserver.example.com}*");

"*" is a local mailbox wildcard.

-- Mark --

http://staff.washington.edu/mrc
Science does not emerge from voting, party politics, or public debate.
Si vis pacem, para bellum.