Subject: LDAP + pop3

From: "Oliver Schulze L." <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2003 04:29:44 -0400

Hi,
I'm running RedHat 9 with LDAP (openldap). All my user accounts(UID>500)
are in the LDAP DB. I see this messages in /var/log/messages:
Jun 22 05:02:28 myserver pop(pam_unix)[9765]: check pass; user unknown
Jun 22 05:02:28 myserver pop(pam_unix)[9765]: authentication failure; 
logname= ui
d=0 euid=0 tty= ruser= rhost=
Jun 22 05:02:28 myserver ipop3d[9765]: Login user=user1 
host=host.example.com [192.168.210.43] nmsgs=0/0
Jun 22 05:02:28 myserver ipop3d[9765]: Logout user=user1 
host=host.example.com [192.168.210.43] nmsgs=0 ndele=0

I have this 2 entries for every login to ipop3d:
Jun 22 05:02:28 myserver pop(pam_unix)[9765]: check pass; user unknown
Jun 22 05:02:28 myserver pop(pam_unix)[9765]: authentication failure; 
logname= ui
d=0 euid=0 tty= ruser= rhost=

Is this a problem with ipop3d?

Many thanks
Oliver

-- 
Oliver Schulze L.
<[email-masked]>

-- 
------------------------------------------------------------------
 For information about this mailing list, and its archives, see: 
 http://www.washington.edu/imap/c-client-list.html
------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Mark Crispin <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2003 10:11:16 -0700 (PDT)

This is not an ipop3d problem.  It seems to be a problem with your PAM
configuration.  I am not a PAM expert and can not help you further with
configuring PAM, but you should be able to get further assistance in one
of the Linux forums.

> Is this a problem with ipop3d?

-- Mark --

http://staff.washington.edu/mrc
Science does not emerge from voting, party politics, or public debate.
Si vis pacem, para bellum.

---

From: "Oliver Schulze L." <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2003 14:00:39 -0400

Many Thanks,
it will help me debug the thing

Oliver

-- 
Oliver Schulze L.
<[email-masked]>