Subject: [Imap-uw] src\imapd in imap-2004c1

From: "Golibasku" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 May 2005 16:39:56 +0800

Dear all,
    Is the imapd under the imap-2004c1 a full-blown imap server ? It seems it is even not a server. It just read the command from standard input. 

regards
Ga

_______________________________________________
Imap-uw mailing list
[email-masked]
https://mailman1.u.washington.edu/mailman/listinfo/imap-uw

---

From: Mark Crispin <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 May 2005 08:27:31 -0700 (PDT)

On Fri, 20 May 2005, Golibasku wrote:
>    Is the imapd under the imap-2004c1 a full-blown imap server ? It 
> seems it is even not a server. It just read the command from standard 
> input.

This question is covered in the imap-????/docs/BUILD documentation file, 
under "WIN32 INSTALLATION NOTES".

imapd is a stdio server.  Listening on port 143 is done by a separate 
program which invokes imapd.  On UNIX, it is usually inetd or xinetd.  On 
Windows, it is a program such as inetlisn or wsinetd.

More detail is in the BUILD file.

-- Mark --

http://staff.washington.edu/mrc
Science does not emerge from voting, party politics, or public debate.
Si vis pacem, para bellum.
_______________________________________________
Imap-uw mailing list
[email-masked]
https://mailman1.u.washington.edu/mailman/listinfo/imap-uw