Subject: Announcing: UW IMAP toolkit 2000 release version

From: Mark Crispin <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2000 02:10:14 -0700 (PDT)

The University of Washington IMAP toolkit version 2000 (imap-2000) is in final
release status.  This replaces all betas and release candidates.
	ftp://ftp.cac.washington.edu/mail/imap.tar.Z

This distribution of imap-2000 is a "free fork" distribution, with a new "type
O" open source license which is compatible with other open source licenses.
Refer to imap-2000/CPYRIGHT for more information.

Refer to imap-2000/docs/RELNOTES for a detailed description of the changes in
imap-2000.  This is a major new release, with substantial functionality
enhancements and bug fixes.  We recommend that all sites using older versions
(imap-4.x or betas/release candidates of imap-2000) upgrade to imap-2000 as
soon as feasible.

Several sites have reported that GCC 2.95 on Solaris gets an "internal error"
when compiling file mbx.c in imap-2000.  This is due to a bug in GCC.  It is
not a bug in imap-2000.  Until the developers of GCC fix this problem, we
recommend that you roll back to GCC 2.8.1.  GCC 2.8.1. successfully compiles
imap-2000.  We apologize for the trouble, but GCC bugs are out of our control.

-- 
------------------------------------------------------------------
 For information about this mailing list, and its archives, see: 
 http://www.washington.edu/imap/c-client-list.html
------------------------------------------------------------------