Subject: imap 2000c - EXTRACFLAGS

From: Ricardo Stella <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 Feb 2001 10:12:45 -0500

If I set -DMAILSUBDIR=\\\"imapmail\\\" inside the Makefile, I get errors 

make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/local/src/imap-2000c/c-client'
`cat CCTYPE` -c `cat CFLAGS` `cat OSCFLAGS` -c osdep.c
In file included from osdep.c:51:
env_unix.c: In function `mymailboxdir':
env_unix.c:746: stray '\' in program
env_unix.c: In function `mailboxfile':
env_unix.c:867: stray '\' in program
make[1]: *** [osdep.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/src/imap-2000c/c-client'
make: *** [rebuild] Error 2

I read we could set this outside the make, ie:

make gso EXTRACFLAGS=-DMAILSUBDIR=\"imapmail\" but (dumb question) how
do you add more than one EXTRACFLAG in the command line, ie:

make gso EXTRACFLAGS=-DMAILSUBDIR=\"imapmail\" \ 
-DDISABLE_AUTOMATIC_SHARED_NAMESPACES

It tries to pass -DDISA... as a commandline parameter for make...

I guess both EXTRACFLAGS should be wrapped within quotes, right, but
then wouldn't we be introducing the same escape problem we have if we
put the flag inside the Makefile ?

TIA...

-- 
------------------------------------------------------------------
 Ricardo Stella                                  O.I.T.
 (609)896-5000 x7436           _suAve_           Rider University
                 *** SPAM will not be tolerated  ***