Subject: Re: getting PHP --with-imap to work on OS X?

From: "andy" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2002 08:17:05 +0200

<snip>
having compiled and installed UW-IMAP on my machine includes the
installation of the c-library you are describing
</snip

what I did is to download c-client.tar.Z which extracted anyhow to
imap-2002.RC2. Then I did build this on my linux system and moved the 3
folders (they appear after building) to the propper location as described in
the manual. Then configured php with imap and boom .. it works!

Andy

----- Original Message -----
From: "Michael Geary" <[email-masked]>
To: "andy" <[email-masked]>
Sent: Thursday, August 08, 2002 10:34 PM
Subject: Re: getting PHP --with-imap to work on OS X?

Hi Andy,

It is my understanding (though I'm willing to be proven wrong) that
having compiled and installed UW-IMAP on my machine includes the
installation of the c-library you are describing. I, too, want to get
horde running. Can you please me more granular about what's involved?

Du kannst ruhig auch mich persönlich auf Deustch schreiben, wenn es Dich
motivieren würde, mehr Hilfe zu geben!

Thanks very much.

michael

On Thursday, August 8, 2002, at 02:39 PM, andy wrote:

> Michael:
>
> havent done this on X but on suse. So basicly you have to install the
> c-library. doc comes with it to compile php with imap support. I did
> this to
> get horde running.
>
> Good luck,
>
> Andy

---

From: Michael Geary <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2002 10:51:44 -0600

Hi Andy,

Believe it or not, this appears to have brought me a little further. 
However, I didn't see any place in the manual which describes moving 
folders. Which manual, exactly, are you referring to?

FYI, PHP _appears_ to compile now, but when I install the libphp4.so 
module and restart apache, I get an error that it can't load the .so 
file, (reason unknown).

Anyone know what could be causing this?

thanks,

michael

---

From: "andy" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 10 Aug 2002 15:09:28 +0200

Michael,

I diged up a help file I wrote to install horde. It describes deaply how to
do this step by step, including building c-client.
Thats all I can do for you.

Hope this helps you out. See the file atached.

Regards,

Andy