Subject: Mime boundary woes

From: "Jon Kyme" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2002 13:20:14 +0100

We're using IMAP2000 (2000.287) and have noticed
a problem with MIME messages with a  content type like this:
Content-Type: multipart/alternative;
boundary=----_=_NextPart_001_01C18267.98C4C800
If I edit this header to quote the boundary all is well,
but otherwise we see stuff like
OK [PARSE] Unexpected characters at end of parameters:
=_NextPart_001_01C18267.98C4C800
And the bodystructure is corrupt.
Is this fixed in a later version?
Or is there something I should be doing?
TIA

--
all the best to you and yours ...

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Get your own FREE local e-mail address at http://www.merseymail.com/
-- 
------------------------------------------------------------------
 For information about this mailing list, and its archives, see: 
 http://www.washington.edu/imap/c-client-list.html
------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Mark Crispin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2002 14:03:04 -0700 (Pacific Daylight Time)

The "=" character is not valid in an unquoted MIME parameter.  Thus, the
Content-Type given violates MIME syntax.

> And the bodystructure is corrupt.

-- Mark --

http://staff.washington.edu/mrc
Science does not emerge from voting, party politics, or public debate.