Subject: using an INBOX in your $HOME directory...

From: Steve Herber <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 8 Oct 1995 11:58:42 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

I have been looking at the c-client and imapd sources to try to figure
out how to have the INBOX default to a file in the users $HOME directory
rather than the common /var/mail/$USER files without success.  I have
been able to use procmail as my local agent and configure the .pinerc
file to look at the new INBOX in the $HOME/mail/INBOX file but I have not
yet been able to make imapd and ipop3d look in the $HOME/mail/INBOX file.

Any ideas or pointers to someone who has made this work already?

Thanks much...

Steve Herber			[email-masked]
Systems Manager			or [email-masked]
Wood County Free-Net
Bowling Green, Ohio

---

From: Mark Crispin <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 1995 16:45:18 -0700 (PDT)

> yet been able to make imapd and ipop3d look in the $HOME/mail/INBOX file.

In c-client's env_unix.c module, look for an instruction that does
  sprintf (tmp,MAILFILE,myUserName);
It may be in function env_init() or in function sysinbox(), depending upon
what version of the code you have.  Change it to something like:
  sprintf (tmp,"%s/INBOX",myhomedir ());
and rebuild.