Subject: How to get a flag for a message?

From: Shawn Walker <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Apr 2002 20:16:38 UTC

How do I get the flags (UNSEEN, DELETED, EXPUNGED...) for the message
that I'm looking.  I can't seem to find any functions in the c-client
library that I can pass the message number or UID to return the flag
either returning directly or through the callback functions.

Shawn
-- 
------------------------------------------------------------------
 For information about this mailing list, and its archives, see: 
 http://www.washington.edu/imap/c-client-list.html
------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Mark Crispin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2002 13:20:25 -0700 (Pacific Daylight Time)

On Tue, 9 Apr 2002, Shawn Walker wrote:
> that I'm looking.

mail_elt(stream,msgno)

Make sure that you called one of:
	mail_fetch_flags()
	mail_fetch_fast()
	mail_fetch_structure()
on the message prior to calling mail_elt().  The valid bit of the elt will
be NIL if you failed to do this.

-- Mark --

http://staff.washington.edu/mrc
Science does not emerge from voting, party politics, or public debate.

"A single glass of champagne imparts a feeling of exhiliaration.  The
nerves are braced; the imagination is agreeably strirred; the wits become
more nimble.  A bottle produces a contrary effect.  Excess causes a
comatose insensibility.  So it is with war; and the quality of both is
best discovered by sipping."  -- Winston Churchill