Subject: partial body fetch

From: "Brenda G. Spielman" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 7 May 2000 19:54:32 -0400

I am investigating using  partial body fetches as a means of implementing 
streaming of large files.

In c-client (4.7a) ther are two functions, mail_partial_text and
mail_partial_body fetch.
Both require mailgets.  internal.txt, in the description of SET_GETS states
that
this is only supported In DOS and WIN16.  

My platforms will be NT and Solaris as a minimum.  

Is there a way to do partial fetches on these platforms?

I have searched the imap archieves and seen some email that discusses the
overhead associated with partial fetches, but it is not strictly applicable
to what I am
doing.  

Thanks for any information.

-- 
------------------------------------------------------------------
 For information about this mailing list, and its archives, see: 
 http://www.washington.edu/imap/c-client-list.html
------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Mark Crispin <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 7 May 2000 22:48:28 -0700 (PDT)

internal.txt is out of date; it describes the imap-4 (RFC 1730 based) toolkit;
and that comment (that SET_GETS is only for DOS and Win16) is one of the
things that is out of date.

You can do SET_GETS on all platforms (including NT and Solaris) for user with
mail_partial_text() and mail_partial_body().