Subject: imap-UW with SORT/threads

From: probsd org <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2004 05:47:30 -0700 (PDT)

In reading http://www.squirrelmail.org/wiki/en_US/SquirrelMailPerformance I am wondering if imap-uw supports the SORT extension and server-side threading?
 
If so, where does one " turn on " these features?   I'm using the latest FreeBSD port of imap-uw and see no mention in the Makefile for SORT and server-side threading.
 
ideas?
 
Michael

---------------------------------
Do you Yahoo!?
Friends.  Fun. Try the all-new Yahoo! Messenger

---

From: Mark Crispin <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2004 08:14:18 -0700 (PDT)

On Thu, 3 Jun 2004, probsd org wrote:
> I am wondering if imap-uw supports the SORT extension and server-side 
> threading?

Most certainly yes!  UW imapd was the server in which SORT and server-side 
threading was designed, developed, and implemented!

> If so, where does one " turn on " these features?

These features can't be turned off, and thus are always on.  There is 
therefore no operation to turn them on.

> I'm using the latest FreeBSD port of imap-uw and see no mention in the 
> Makefile for SORT and server-side threading.

That's because they are not controllable through the Makefile, being 
always on.

-- Mark --

http://staff.washington.edu/mrc
Science does not emerge from voting, party politics, or public debate.
Si vis pacem, para bellum.