Subject: cram-md5 fail?

From: serg <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2001 12:02:14 +0200

Hi all and sorry for my english.

I'm just install imap-2000 and php 4.0.X.
Work fine with plaintext auth.

My Cyrus server support both cram-md5 and digest-md5 authenticators.

But cram-md5 work only with mtest utility. 
By default php use sasl plain, not cram-md5.
And even if i attach /secure flag it doesn't work (say 
Can't do secure authentication with this server).

It call imap_login, not imap_auth. Why?
-- 
------------------------------------------------------------------
 For information about this mailing list, and its archives, see: 
 http://www.washington.edu/imap/c-client-list.html
------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Mark Crispin <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2001 01:11:22 -0800 (PST)

> By default php use sasl plain, not cram-md5.

This sounds like php isn't using the standard linkage.c file, but instead is
doing the linkage itself and omitting the linkage of the CRAM-MD5
authenticator.