Subject: IMAP with SSL problem

From: Thiago Alves Siqueira <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 06 Feb 2004 19:12:42 -0200

Hello,

I have a server (debian woody) and I wish to use IMAP with SSL. I
generate the certificates, configure /etc/inetd.conf and /etc/services
correctly.

The problem is that when I try to access some account on this server, it
doesn't work!

Somebody have ever seen this problem? I did searches in all informations
fonts that I know about IMAP and nothing...Next, the error found on the
logs:

$ tail /var/log/messages
(...)
Feb  6 18:49:51 localhost imapd: relocation error:
/usr/lib/libc-client.so.2001: undefined symbol: SSL_library_init

(...)

PS.: IMAP (port 443) works correctly.

Thanks,
- --
Thiago Alves Siqueira
ACME! Computer Security Researcher
[email-masked]  -  Brazil
http://www.acmesecurity.org

-- 
------------------------------------------------------------------
 For information about this mailing list, and its archives, see: 
 http://www.washington.edu/imap/c-client-list.html
------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Mark Crispin <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2004 13:18:50 -0800 (Pacific Standard Time)

> /usr/lib/libc-client.so.2001: undefined symbol: SSL_library_init

This is a shared library problem.  SSL_library_init() is a function in 
OpenSSL, not IMAP.  Try building with static libraries and see if that 
makes things any better.

-- Mark --

http://staff.washington.edu/mrc
Science does not emerge from voting, party politics, or public debate.
Si vis pacem, para bellum.