Subject: c-client - building STRING structure using mail_string_* entrypoi nts

From: kmm <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 May 1998 16:52:58 -0400

I'm attempting to create messages on the server using the
mail_append_full entry point.  The entrypoint looks like this: 

long mail_append_full( MAILSTREAM *stream, char* mailbox, char *flags,
char *date, STRING *message)

My question is a minor one since we've worked around it, but I am
wondering if I am missing something.  When I am building the STRING, I
first call mail_string_init(STRING *string, void *data, ULONG size),
which sets the chunk ptr and the curpos ptr in the STRING structure to
the void ptr passed in.  It also sets the size, cur_size, and chunksize.
I understand the use of the 'chunk' information if there is a
mail_string_append( ) function, but I do not see one.  Is the chunk
information not yet supported?  I only see mail_string_next &
mail_string_setpos entrypoints...

This is not a major issue, obviously, as we build our own string and
then call mail_string_init, but I just want to make sure I'm not missing
anything.

Thank you for your time,

Kevin

------------------------------------------------------------------
 For information about this mailing list, and its archives, see: 
 http://www.washington.edu/imap/c-client-list.html
------------------------------------------------------------------