Subject: Bounce in c-client

From: Jonas Nielsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 04 Sep 2000 13:42:22 +0200

Pine has a function called bounce, which forwards the mail without
changing anything, not even the "to-field". 

It seems that it insert fields such as "ReSent-To". My hope was that I
could insert this field in the queue file and that smtp_mail would
understand it. That doesn't seem to be the case.

Could anyone give me some hints on writing a bounce function, and/or
explain how pine does it.
-- 
------------------------------------------------------------------
 For information about this mailing list, and its archives, see: 
 http://www.washington.edu/imap/c-client-list.html
------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Mark Crispin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2000 15:08:43 -0700 (PDT)

The way to implement "bounce" is to compose a new message, with the text being
the RFC822.TEXT and the env->remail being the RFC822.HEADER, e.g.:

  env->remail = cpystr (mail_fetchheader (stream,msgno));
  body->contents.text.data =    /* get body of message */
    cpystr (mail_fetchtext_full (stream,msgno,&body->contents.text.size,NIL));