Subject: mail_append(...., *STRING);

From: Mike Trank <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2000 03:21:54 -0600 (CST)

How come the mail_append() thing isn't like this:

	ma il_append(NIL, "/home/mike/Mail/myfolder", env, body);

where env and body are type ENVELOPE and BODY?

I have a message that I have just constructed in memory with these
structures and I send it out with 

	smtp_mail(smtpstream, "MAIL", env, body);

smtpstream is with localhost.

but I also want to store it in a sent-mail folder. So, what do I do? Do I
have to use rfc822_output and somehow get the message from env/body into a
character array that I can then convert into a STRING with
mail_string_init()?

Thanks very much for your help.

-- 
------------------------------------------------------------------
 For information about this mailing list, and its archives, see: 
 http://www.washington.edu/imap/c-client-list.html
------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Mark Crispin <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2000 01:15:32 -0800 (PST)

> 	ma il_append(NIL, "/home/mike/Mail/myfolder", env, body);

Because the original use of mail_append() was to copy an RFC822 message from
one mail store to another.  Using env and body would have been a lot of extra
work that would have just had to be undone.

> Do I

In effect, yes.  There are many ways that you can do this, but that's the
general idea.