Subject: Difficulty compiling IMAP-2004b on Sparc E250 running Solaris 2.8

From: "Bill Thomason" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2005 18:15:34 -0600

Hi, 

I have a Sparc E250 server running Solaris 2.8.

I am trying to build IMAP-2004b on this system but I am encountering
problems during the compilation.

I don't have OpenSSL installed in the default location of
/usr/local/ssl.  It is a symbolic link to another filesystem.

I edited the Makefile in src/osdep/unix to reassign SSLDIR to the proper
physical location, /opt/sfw/ssl.

I performed a make gso.

It seems like the make is stopping on some complaints about some
redefinitions and previous declarations in osdep.c.  The definitions
apparently are from the header files that come with OpenSSL.

Can anyone shed some light on this for me?

Thanks in advance,
-Bill Thomason

########################################################################
####
Here is a copy of the complete build session until it stops on an error:

Script started on Thu Jan 06 17:14:53 2005
# pwd
/export/home/wbt/IMAP/UW/imap-2004b
# make gso
make sslnopwd
make[1]: Entering directory `/export/home/wbt/IMAP/UW/imap-2004b'
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+ Building in full compliance with RFC 3501 security
+ requirements:
++ TLS/SSL encryption is supported
++ Unencrypted plaintext passwords are prohibited
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
make[1]: Leaving directory `/export/home/wbt/IMAP/UW/imap-2004b'
Applying an process to sources...
tools/an "ln -s" src/c-client c-client
tools/an "ln -s" src/ansilib c-client
tools/an "ln -s" src/charset c-client
tools/an "ln -s" src/osdep/unix c-client
tools/an "ln -s" src/mtest mtest
tools/an "ln -s" src/ipopd ipopd
tools/an "ln -s" src/imapd imapd
tools/an "ln -s" src/mailutil mailutil
tools/an "ln -s" src/mlock mlock
tools/an "ln -s" src/dmail dmail
tools/an "ln -s" src/tmail tmail
ln -s tools/an .
make build EXTRACFLAGS='' EXTRALDFLAGS='' EXTRADRIVERS='mbox'
EXTRAAUTHENTICATORS='' PASSWDTYPE=std SSLTYPE=nopwd IP=4
EXTRASPECIALS='' BUILDTYPE=gso
make[1]: Entering directory `/export/home/wbt/IMAP/UW/imap-2004b'
Building c-client for gso...
echo `cat SPECIALS`  > c-client/SPECIALS
cd c-client;make gso EXTRACFLAGS=''\
 EXTRALDFLAGS=''\
 EXTRADRIVERS='mbox'\
 EXTRAAUTHENTICATORS=''\
 PASSWDTYPE=std SSLTYPE=nopwd IP=4\
  
make[2]: Entering directory
`/export/home/wbt/IMAP/UW/imap-2004b/c-client'
sh -c '(strings /lib/libc.a | grep getpassphrase > /dev/null) && ln -s
os_soln.h os_sol.h || ln -s os_solo.h os_sol.h' make build
EXTRACFLAGS='' EXTRALDFLAGS='' EXTRADRIVERS='mbox'
EXTRAAUTHENTICATORS='' PASSWDTYPE=std SSLTYPE=nopwd IP=4 `cat SPECIALS`
OS=sol \  SIGTYPE=psx CHECKPW=psx CRXTYPE=nfs \  SPOOLDIR=/var/spool
MAILSPOOL=/var/mail \  ACTIVEFILE=/usr/share/news/active \
RSHPATH=/usr/bin/rsh \  BASECFLAGS="-g -O2" \  BASELDFLAGS="-lsocket
-lnsl -lgen" \  RANLIB=true CC=gcc
make[3]: Entering directory
`/export/home/wbt/IMAP/UW/imap-2004b/c-client'
sh -c 'rm -rf auths.c crexcl.c nfstest.c linkage.[ch] siglocal.c
osdep*.[ch] *.o ARCHIVE *FLAGS *TYPE c-client.a || true' Once-only
environment setup... echo gcc > CCTYPE echo -g -O2 '' > CFLAGS echo
-DCREATEPROTO=unixproto -DEMPTYPROTO=unixproto \
-DMAILSPOOL=\"/var/mail\" \  -DANONYMOUSHOME=\"/var/mail/anonymous\" \
-DACTIVEFILE=\"/usr/share/news/active\" -DNEWSSPOOL=\"/var/spool/news\"
\  -DRSHPATH=\"/usr/bin/rsh\" -DLOCKPGM=\"/etc/mlock\" > OSCFLAGS echo
-lsocket -lnsl -lgen  > LDFLAGS echo "ar rc c-client.a osdep.o mail.o
misc.o newsrc.o smanager.o utf8.o siglocal.o dummy.o pseudo.o netmsg.o
flstring.o fdstring.o rfc822.o nntp.o smtp.o imap4r1.o pop3.o unix.o
mbx.o mmdf.o tenex.o mtx.o news.o phile.o mh.o mx.o;true c-client.a" >
ARCHIVE echo sol > OSTYPE ./drivers mbox imap nntp pop3 mh mx mbx tenex
mtx mmdf unix news phile dummy ./mkauths  md5 pla log
make[4]: Entering directory
`/export/home/wbt/IMAP/UW/imap-2004b/c-client'
echo -DMD5ENABLE=\"/etc/cram-md5.pwd\" >> OSCFLAGS
make[4]: Leaving directory
`/export/home/wbt/IMAP/UW/imap-2004b/c-client'
ln -s os_sol.h osdep.h
ln -s os_sol.c osdepbas.c
ln -s log_std.c osdeplog.c
ln -s sig_psx.c siglocal.c
ln -s crx_nfs.c crexcl.c
ln -s ip4_unix.c ip_unix.c
sh -c '(test -f /usr/include/sys/statvfs.h -a sol != sc5 -a sol != sco)
&& ln -s nfstnew.c nfstest.c || ln -s nfstold.c nfstest.c' Standard
password authentication ln -s ckp_psx.c osdepckp.c Building with SSL ln
-s ssl_unix.c osdepssl.c echo -I/opt/sfw/ssl/include
-I/opt/sfw/ssl/include/openssl
-DSSL_CERT_DIRECTORY=\"/opt/sfw/ssl/certs\"
-DSSL_KEY_DIRECTORY=\"/opt/sfw/ssl/certs\" >> OSCFLAGS
echo "  ssl_onceonlyinit ();" >> linkage.c
echo -L/opt/sfw/ssl/lib -lssl -lcrypto  >> LDFLAGS
Building with SSL and plaintext passwords disabled unless SSL/TLS echo "
mail_parameters (NIL,SET_DISABLEPLAINTEXT,(void *) 2);" >> linkage.c cat
osdepbas.c osdepckp.c osdeplog.c osdepssl.c > osdep.c Building
OS-dependent module If you get No such file error messages for files
x509.h, ssl.h, pem.h, buffer.h, bio.h, and crypto.h, that means that
OpenSSL is not installed on your system. Either install OpenSSL first or
build with command: make sol SSLTYPE=none `cat CCTYPE` -c `cat CFLAGS`
`cat OSCFLAGS` -c osdep.c In file included from osdep.c:212:
/opt/sfw/ssl/include/x509.h:130: redefinition of `X509_ALGOR'
/opt/sfw/ssl/include/openssl/ossl_typ.h:110: `X509_ALGOR' previously
declared here
/opt/sfw/ssl/include/x509.h:176: redefinition of `X509_NAME'
/opt/sfw/ssl/include/openssl/ossl_typ.h:112: `X509_NAME' previously
declared here
/opt/sfw/ssl/include/x509.h:280: redefinition of `X509'
/opt/sfw/ssl/include/openssl/ossl_typ.h:109: `X509' previously declared
here
/opt/sfw/ssl/include/x509.h:407: redefinition of `X509_CRL'
/opt/sfw/ssl/include/openssl/ossl_typ.h:111: `X509_CRL' previously
declared here
make[3]: *** [osdep.o] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory
`/export/home/wbt/IMAP/UW/imap-2004b/c-client'
make[2]: *** [gso] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory
`/export/home/wbt/IMAP/UW/imap-2004b/c-client'
make[1]: *** [OSTYPE] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/export/home/wbt/IMAP/UW/imap-2004b'
make: *** [gso] Error 2
#

-- 
------------------------------------------------------------------
 For information about this mailing list, and its archives, see: 
 http://www.washington.edu/imap/c-client-list.html
------------------------------------------------------------------