Subject: ANNOUNCING: University of Washington IMAP Toolkit version 2004

From: Mark Crispin <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 May 2004 18:32:47 -0700 (Pacific Daylight Time)

This message is to announce the University of Washington IMAP toolkit, 
version 2004.

imap-2004 is a major release.  Programs written for the previous release 
(imap-2002e) should build with this version with minor modification.

imap-2004 is available at:
 	ftp://ftp.cac.washington.edu/mail/imap-2004.tar.Z
 	 (MD5 checksum: ec3dafeeae320457a1d098157e9bf969)

Perhaps the most significant addition is IPv6 support in the UNIX and 
Windows 2000/XP support code.  IPv6 is now the default for Windows 
2000/XP; to get IPv6 support for UNIX include "IP=6" on the make command 
line.

Users will also notice that mailutil has three new commands: delete, 
rename, and prune.  Refer to the mailutil man page for more details on 
these new functionalities.

More details are in the release notes, in the imap-2004/docs/RELNOTES.

-- Mark --

http://staff.washington.edu/mrc
Science does not emerge from voting, party politics, or public debate.
Si vis pacem, para bellum.