Subject: Retrieving RFC822.SIZE with C-Client?

From: "...Paul" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 04 Jan 2001 11:24:30 -0800

I've looked over c-client, and I can't seem to find a function in the
API that will return to me the RFC822 size of a message.  I know this
is possible to do in a lightweight fashion, RFC2060 outlines the FETCH
command with the RFC822.SIZE option.  I want to be able to spin through
all the messages in a folder to find out just how much space is being
used by the mailbox, but WITHOUT the overhead of retrieving all the
messages.

I went through the 5 meg archive at the website, but from the posts I
found, it looked like C-client might not have anything built in that
will simply return the full size of a message without pulling over the
body?

...Paul

-- 
...Paul                                     Email:  [email-masked]
Danger Research, Inc.
165 University Avenue                        Cell:  650-619-1220
Palo Alto, CA  94301                          Fax:  650-289-5001
-- 
------------------------------------------------------------------
 For information about this mailing list, and its archives, see: 
 http://www.washington.edu/imap/c-client-list.html
------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Mark Crispin <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2001 11:33:41 -0800 (PST)

On Thu, 04 Jan 2001 11:24:30 -0800, ...Paul wrote:
> API that will return to me the RFC822 size of a message.

The way to do it is:
  size = mail_elt (stream,msgno)->rfc822_size;

However, you must do either a mail_fetch_fast() or mail_fetch_structure() on
that message number first.