Subject: Solaris 2.6 PAM build

From: Lai Yiu Fai <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 May 1999 23:34:43 +0800

Do you plan to include a port in latest imap-4.6.BETA for Solaris 2.6 (or
above)+PAM?  I notice there is a port for Linux+PAM and I had modified 
the imap-4.6.BETA/src/osdep/unix/Makefile to make it compile in Solaris
2.6.  And I used it together with PADL pam_ldap module to provide access 
control for our IMAP servers cluster.  By the way, it would be better if
you can natively include the port for the next beta.

Thanks!
=======================================================================
Lai Yiu Fai                       |  Tel.:       (852) 2358-6202
Centre of Computing Services      |  Fax.:       (852) 2358-2737
 & Telecommunications             |  E-mail:     [email-masked]
                                  |
The Hong Kong University of       |  Clear Water Bay,
Science & Technology              |  Kowloon, Hong Kong.

---

From: Ricardo Stella <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 May 1999 19:54:09 -0400

Lai,

Check the discussion in comp.mail.imap

To enable PAM support on Solaris 2.6+ do this:

* In ./src/osdep/unix/Makefile under gso: # GCC Solaris
change CHECKPW=psx to CHECKPW=pam
add -lpam to BASELDFLAGS

Also, for Solaris 2.6, you DO NEED ./src/osdep/unix/ckp_pam.c from the
Linux RedHat IMAP RPM distribution, otherwise you will get
authentication problems due to an unyet fix bug in Solaris 2.6.

Hope this helps...

---

From: Lai Yiu Fai <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 May 1999 10:38:14 +0800

> Check the discussion in comp.mail.imap

Thanks for your suggestion.  I had just read the complete threads in 
comp.mail.imap.

> authentication problems due to an unyet fix bug in Solaris 2.6.

Sorry, I can't find any difference for ckp_pam.c from RedHat IMAP RPM.  Could
you send me the diff?

Mark Crispin seems to be aware of this ... Could you add a Solaris+PAM port
and incorporate the fix in the latest BETA?  This will save much effort in
searching fixes and solution.

Thanks again to all.
Ken.