Subject: login failed (cannot login to imap/imaps)

From: Sachin Joglekar <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2003 12:35:26 -0500 (CDT)

I have UW-IMAP server on Redhat 8. I built imap-2002d with "slx" and
SSLTYPE=unix. chkconfig --list shows ipop3, imap and imaps under xinetd.
I have setup Netscape and Outlook Express as clients. Both give login
failures. In netscape, I accept the self-signed certificate and then I get
"Login to server <server_name> failed".  Can someone suggest a solution?

Notes:
1. I also tried building with "lnp" (rpm -q pam gives me pam-0.75-46.8.0),
but login still fails.
2. imap-2002d/docs/BUILD (Step 4: notes on privileges) says "root" cannot
login via IMAP or POP. I am using root account to login to IMAP. Is this
the reason of failed login?
3. If answer to 2 is true, do I need to create new user on the
system with mail configured for that user?

Thanks. Your help is appreciated.

Sachin

-- 
------------------------------------------------------------------
 For information about this mailing list, and its archives, see: 
 http://www.washington.edu/imap/c-client-list.html
------------------------------------------------------------------