Subject: RE:

From: "ANDREA CIGLIANO" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2001 08:30:17 -0000

I have some problem when I install imap libraries with php. My web server 
apache don' t runs, there is an error when I restart Apache.
Someone can I help me?
_________________________________________________________________________
Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com.

-- 
------------------------------------------------------------------
 For information about this mailing list, and its archives, see: 
 http://www.washington.edu/imap/c-client-list.html
------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: "Terry Davis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2001 03:50:34 -0500

I am assuming you are wanting to install a webmail package of some sort.
make sure you compile imap when you download it.  simply untarring the
contents wont do it.  'make slx' for linux.  then go back to php and do:
--with-imap=../uw-imap   ( of course this must be the path to the directory
that was just untarred above.

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of ANDREA CIGLIANO
Sent: Monday, June 18, 2001 3:30 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject:

---

From: Andrew Daviel <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2001 18:33:23 -0700 (PDT)

OK, so we sold everyone on how wonderful IMAP is, and now the problem is
that they are using it ....

We have people that don't move mail from their inbox, people that don't
clean up their sent-mail, people that use mail for sending huge binary
files, and people that just plain have a whole lot of mail.
In principle this is fine, but our RAID array is filling faster than we
thought it would.

Some of these people probably don't realise that they even have a
sent-mail folder, or that if they send a 20Mb TIFF that a copy goes in
there.

I was wondering what tools may exist for, say, purging attachments over
5Mb from sent-mail. For that matter, are there any Windows tools for
deleting attachements from mail in folders ? I found how to do it in Pine
on Unix  (OK, I suppose PC-Pine might cut it).

Even being able to gather statistics on attachment sizes might help, so we
can tell who has big attachments & what they are and complain to them.

I converted to MBX some time ago, so can't hack folders myself easily. I
could look at the Perl Mail::Cclient I guess.

-- 
Andrew Daviel, TRIUMF, Canada
Tel. +1 (604) 222-7376
[email-masked]

---

From: Egan <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2001 00:50:29 -0400

On Mon, 18 Jun 2001 18:33:23 -0700 (PDT), Andrew Daviel
<[email-masked]> wrote:

>our RAID array is filling faster than we thought it would.

>I converted to MBX some time ago, so can't hack folders myself easily.

Our policy is 40 days retention for INBOX mail, 120 days retention for
folder mail.  After that, we whack it!

Attached is a simple .c program we wrote to implement our policy.  It
works for any mailbox format, including mbx.

Enjoy!