Subject: error in imap start

From: "Irlanda Delgado" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2001 15:29:51 -0600

well,

i installed imap.tar.Z in a server with redhat 7.0.

In /etc/services i did write:

imap    143/tcp    imapd
imap    143/udp   imapd
pop2    l09/tcp    pop-2    postoffice
pop2   109/udp   pop-2
pop3    110/tcp   pop-3

When i start the imapd deamon i see the follow message:

* OK [CAPABILITY IMAP4REV1 LOGIN-REFERRALS AUTH=LOGIN] ns.mific.gob.ni
IMAP4rev1 2001.315 at Tue, 20 Nov 2001 16:46:15 -0600 (CST)

* BAD Null command

help me, please.

Saludos,

Irlanda

-- 
------------------------------------------------------------------
 For information about this mailing list, and its archives, see: 
 http://www.washington.edu/imap/c-client-list.html
------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Mark Crispin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2001 13:42:39 -0800 (PST)

> IMAP4rev1 2001.315 at Tue, 20 Nov 2001 16:46:15 -0600 (CST)

What do you mean by "start the imapd daemon"?

imapd is started by inetd as needed.  It is not a standalone daemon, so should
not be started independently.