Subject: imapd 2002e and Oracle Outlook Connector

From: Alan Thew <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2004 15:58:51 +0100 (BST)

Has anyone tried this Oracle product which allows Outlook to connect to
their Calender product and also to a number of imap systems (Oracle's own
but also Cyrus and UW).

We have tried the latest version with Outlook 2003 (with imap 2002e) and
have had problems deleting a folder. The folder is in standard unix mbox
format and the failure occurs regardless whether the folder is empty or
has mail items in.

A test with Cyrus 2.2.3 is fine but despite looking at the imap commands
it's not at all clear why the UW server fails.

The Connector product uses a `trash' folder which is obligatory (I
personally don't think this is brilliant but we don't have any choice).

Has anyone tried these 2 products together and if so have they seen this
behaviour?

Thanks

-- 
Alan Thew                                       [email-masked]
Computing Services,University of Liverpool      Fax: +44 151 794-4442
-- 
------------------------------------------------------------------
 For information about this mailing list, and its archives, see: 
 http://www.washington.edu/imap/c-client-list.html
------------------------------------------------------------------