Subject: Get imap acl

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2005 11:13:16 +0100

Hi,

How can I access imap ACL?

Do I have to write a callback and use driver function,
or can I access it using mail_parameters??

I can't find anything on this in the docs.

Thanks

Julien Hamaide

----------------------------------------------------------------
This message was sent using IMP, the Internet Messaging Program.
-- 
------------------------------------------------------------------
 For information about this mailing list, and its archives, see: 
 http://www.washington.edu/imap/c-client-list.html
------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Mark Crispin <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2005 10:52:30 -0800

> or can I access it using mail_parameters??

The only way to get at IMAP ACL or QUOTA is to include imap4r1.h (after 
including c-client.h) and then use the following undocumented functions:

long imap_setacl (MAILSTREAM *stream,char *mailbox,char *id,char *rights);
long imap_deleteacl (MAILSTREAM *stream,char *mailbox,char *id);
long imap_getacl (MAILSTREAM *stream,char *mailbox);
long imap_listrights (MAILSTREAM *stream,char *mailbox,char *id);
long imap_myrights (MAILSTREAM *stream,char *mailbox);
long imap_setquota (MAILSTREAM *stream,char *qroot,STRINGLIST *limits);
long imap_getquota (MAILSTREAM *stream,char *qroot);
long imap_getquotaroot (MAILSTREAM *stream,char *mailbox);

Some of these functions have callbacks, e.g. there's the getacl_t function 
set via the SET_ACL mail_parameter() call that will send you an ACLLIST.

You have to look at the imap4r1.c code for each of these functions and see 
how they work.

Note!!  These calls are temporary.  Although the mail_parameter() 
interfaces will probably remain unchanged, these imap_??? calls may be 
withdrawn in the future and replaced with mail_??? calls.  So, if you use 
these functions, be aware of this.  imap_??? functions are usually 
internal for c-client and not to be called by applications.

These imap_??? functions are an exception, since there is no official 
interface yet.  But keep in mind that this is a temporary exception.

-- Mark --

http://staff.washington.edu/mrc
Science does not emerge from voting, party politics, or public debate.
Si vis pacem, para bellum.