Subject: compiling on OSF1 version 4.0

From: Art Bales <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2001 11:31:05 +0100

I successfully compiled the c-client library on a Digital OSF1 version
4.0 UNIX box.  Then I wrote some code to the c-client libraries, and
included c-client.h in my source code.  I am trying to compile this code
but I keep getting errors originating from the utf8.h header file as
such:

Error parsing parameter list. Found "*" when expecting one of: ",", ")".
(notexpecting)
typedef void (*cstext_t) (SIZEDTEXT * text, SIZEDTEXT * ret, void *
tab);
----------------------------------------^

and:

Error parsing parameter list. Found "*" when expecting one of: ",", ")".
(notexpecting)
void utf8_searchpgm (SEARCHPGM *pgm,char *charset);
---------------------------------------^

I wonder if anyone has experience compiling under OSF1 and if they had
any porting issues?

Thanks,

Art

-- 
------------------------------------------------------------------
 For information about this mailing list, and its archives, see: 
 http://www.washington.edu/imap/c-client-list.html
------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Mark Crispin <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2001 10:54:38 -0800 (PST)

On Fri, 14 Dec 2001 11:31:05 +0100, Art Bales wrote:
> but I keep getting errors originating from the utf8.h header file

Since c-client.h does not include utf8.h, you must be including utf8.h
yourself.  Are you including it before c-client.h?  If so, that's your
problem; it needs the definitions from c-client.h.