Subject: Delete attachements but save message ??

From: Andrew Daviel <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2000 16:23:03 -0700 (PDT)

Someone asked me if it was possible to save a message but delete the
attachement (e.g. someone sends something useful, with maybe a URL, then
attaches the whole webpage too).

We're using Netscape IMAP client, typically, or sometimes Pine.

One can forward the message to oneself without attachments, but then the
"From" address is lost from the message index.

(BTW, can someone tell me why messages I post (with Pine) to mailing lists
like this one turn up with "To: ..list" instead of my name in the message
index, at least for me? I'm sure it's something dumb in my config ....)

Andrew Daviel, TRIUMF

-- 
------------------------------------------------------------------
 For information about this mailing list, and its archives, see: 
 http://www.washington.edu/imap/c-client-list.html
------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 02 Jun 2000 11:49:28 -0500 (CDT)

The deleteing mime segements would depend on the client software.  Using
C-Client library, it is certainly possible to be able to write the client
software in such a way that it could delete a mime part.  You might have
to do something like copying it to a new message and deleting the old, but
it is doable..
  The second question is alse dependent on the client..  XFMail which I
am currently using behaves the same way as you are seeing Pine behave.
If a message if from you, it will put in the message list window, who
you sent the message to.  If you look at the message, however, it's header
will be ok.  I don't know if this kind of thing can be configured or not.

Bill Suetholz

> index, at least for me? I'm sure it's something dumb in my config ....)

----------------------------------
E-Mail: [email-masked]
Date: 02-Jun-00
Time: 11:44:27

This message was sent by XFMail
----------------------------------