Subject: another try with Status: O

From: tomas pospisek <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2002 01:30:53 +0200 (CEST)

So now I've got mailsync as far as copying files between a a local
store and a remote one without setting the "Status: O" flag.

The problem with "Status: O" is, that some MUA's think it's not a new
mail if it's set. One can work around this by setting Status: NO, but
AFAIC see c-client doesn't support the "N" flag.

But the real problem arises when I want to sync two mailboxes, not only by
copying over files but also, in the end removing deleted ones. At that
moment:

mail_open()
mail_expunge()

c-client will mark all messages as "Status: O".

I could work around this by first reading all the headers, then expunge,
then reread all the headers and then copy, but the code is allready messy
enough trying to sneak around c-clients tendendcy to keep on setting
"Status: O" etc.

Since c-client is a base library it'd be _nice_ to be able to maipulate
those mails without setting "Status: O".

Is there hope that such an option would get implemented?
*t

--
  to
    ma                  will kill for oil
      s
        p

-- 
------------------------------------------------------------------
 For information about this mailing list, and its archives, see: 
 http://www.washington.edu/imap/c-client-list.html
------------------------------------------------------------------