Subject: ListProc hint

From: David L Miller <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 1997 16:38:22 -0800 (PST)

Several people have already stumbled across problems sending ListProc
commands (e.g. unsubscribe, set) from an address other than what they
subscribed from, so here's a little hint.  Most commands will accept
an addition of "for <address>" to make it apply to another address,
e.g. if I subscribed to the IMAP list as [email-masked] and want to
change to getting daily digests, I could send the following to
[email-masked]:

	set imap digest for [email-masked]

The ListProc server would then send a confirmation message to
[email-masked].  The cookie in that confirmation message must then be
returned within 7 days for the change to take effect. 

Hope that helps!

-- 
David L. Miller <[email-masked]> | Wise men make proverbs, but fools
Software Engineer, Pine Development Team | repeat them. -- Samuel Palmer
Box 354841, University of Washington     |
4545 15th Ave NE, Seattle WA 98105, USA  |
Phone: (206)685-6240  FAX: (206)685-4045 |