Subject: rfc2086 (ACL's)

From: Warren L Brown <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 May 1997 10:26:30 -0400 (EDT)

Is there any plan to add ACL (RFC2086) support to C-Client code?
If so, what is the time frame?

Thank you very much.

------------------------------------------------------------------
[email-masked] 
412-276-7716 [Fax: 412-276-7754]
Control Data Systems, Inc.
600 N. Bell Ave, Bldg 1, Suite 112D
Carnegie, PA 15106            USA
------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Mark Crispin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 May 1997 13:53:48 -0700 (PDT)

> Is there any plan to add ACL (RFC2086) support to C-Client code?

Yes.

> If so, what is the time frame?

No schedule has been set yet.  It is a relatively high priority item and about
10% done, but there are certain other projects that are higher priority.  I
don't think that this is going to make it into the c-client that is shipped
with Pine 4.00, but it is a possibility.

My current project is a rewrite of the standard Unix mailbox driver to be a
memory-miser (80% done).  The other ones on the front burner are faster sort
(about 50% done) and Unicode.