Subject: mail_append_full() and UID?

From: Shawn Walker <[email-masked]>
Date: 11 Jul 2002 15:10:14 -0500

Is there anyway to figure out what the new message number UID is without
having to to using MAILSTREAM.nmsgs and use mail_uid() to get it? 
Sometimes mail_append_full() never call mail_exists() that updates the
number of messages on the server.  The message was successfully uploaded
to the server.

-- 
------------------------------------------------------------------
 For information about this mailing list, and its archives, see: 
 http://www.washington.edu/imap/c-client-list.html
------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Mark Crispin <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2002 13:11:12 -0700 (PDT)

> number of messages on the server.  The message was successfully uploaded

The simple answer is no.

The more complex answer is that the only safe say to get the UID is to select
the destination mailbox *after* doing the append and searching for the message
id.