Subject: RFC 2047 support in c-client?

From: Vadim Zeitlin <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2002 16:31:41 +0100 (CET)

Hello,

 are there any routines in c-client for generating the properly encoded
headers according to the RFC 2047? I know of rfc822_8bit() and
rfc822_binary() but they don't help with the requirment that the encoded
words must be less than 75 characters long and the latter also doesn't
encode the '?' character which should be encoded in the 2047 headers.

 Of course, I can write my own versions of them (in fact, I already did
except they still don't honour the 75 length limit) but maybe c-client
already has them somewhere?

 And if it doesn't, maybe I could contribute my versions back to it
then?

 Thanks,
VZ

-- 
------------------------------------------------------------------
 For information about this mailing list, and its archives, see: 
 http://www.washington.edu/imap/c-client-list.html
------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Mark Crispin <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2002 11:44:28 -0800 (PST)

No, there aren't any routines for generating MIME2 encoded words.  This is
generally done by the application, since c-client's envelope fields don't have
any means to store character set (nor can they because the corresponding IMAP
data doesn't have it either).

Fortunately, it's very simple code.

---

From: Vadim Zeitlin <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2002 22:07:06 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 7 Jan 2002 11:44:28 -0800 (PST) Mark Crispin <[email-masked]> wrote:

MC> No, there aren't any routines for generating MIME2 encoded words.  This is
MC> generally done by the application, since c-client's envelope fields don't have
MC> any means to store character set (nor can they because the corresponding IMAP
MC> data doesn't have it either).

 Hmm, I still don't see why shouldn't c-client have a function taking the
encoding (QP or Base64) and the charset name and encoding the header
according to them, but ...

MC> Fortunately, it's very simple code.

... yes, of course, so I wrote it myself - even if I don't really see how
is it more simple than QP or Base64 encoding routines which c-client does
provide.

 Thanks,
VZ