Subject: Unrecognized command: CHECK

From: Karsten Ballueder <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 1999 09:56:36 +0100 (BST)

Hello,

we use c-client in Mahogany and use the
mail_ping()/mail_check() commands to check for new mail.

One user just reported that his IMAP server complains about
"CHECK" being an unrecognised command. 

Is this a version problem?

Subject: [m-users] Unrecognized command: CHECK
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 1999 13:32:31 -0700

I've installed 0.23a from the rpm on the Mahogany download page, but
when I try to get my mail from the IMAP server, I get this message:

'Mail' : csi-www-mail.spc.uchicago.edu IMAP4rev1 v12.250 server ready
Routing call to default mailfolder.
Status: Folder 'Mail' (no messages)
Status: Opened folder 'Mail' (no messages)
Status: Selected folder 'Mail'.

Folder 'Sent Mail' is alive.
Folder 'INBOX' is alive.
Folder 'New Mail' is alive.
Status: Selected folder 'Mail'.
Folder 'Mail' is alive.
Folder Log: IMAP protocol error: Command unrecognized: CHECK
Folder Log: Command unrecognized: CHECK

I'm using the IMAP server that came with RedHat 5.1 (I believe). Is it
not new enough? Do I need 4.5? Or what?

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Scream your mind
Be as loud as you want at FortuneCity.com
http://clickhere.egroups.com/click/366

eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/m-users
http://www.egroups.com - Simplifying group communications

ns

--
 Karsten Ballüder  http://Ballueder.home.dhs.org/  mailto:[email-masked]
 Physics Department, Heriot-Watt University, Edinburgh, EH14 4AS, Scotland
                     Tel. +44-(0)-131-4513068  Fax. +44-(0)-131-4513136
            "In a world without fences, who needs Gates?"

---

From: Mark Crispin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 1999 02:15:41 -0700 (Pacific Daylight Time)

> "CHECK" being an unrecognised command. 

If "CHECK" is an unrecognized command, then the IMAP session probably does
not have a mailbox selected.