Subject: open a mailbox without asking for login and password

From: LIAGRE Arnaud <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 May 2000 10:47:13 +0200

I would like to know how to open the mailbox without asking the client for
his login and password.
In fact, I have already this information so I could use this info instead of
asking there for the client.
I read that mm_login () must be used but I'm not sure.
Please specify me how to use the login and password already given for the
client not being asked one more time.

Hope you'll understand my bad english.

Best regards,

---- ------ ------ 
--  -  ---- ------ Arnaud LIAGRE
-  ---   --    - - ATOS Multimédia
------------------ tél. : (03.20.60).79.91

-- 
------------------------------------------------------------------
 For information about this mailing list, and its archives, see: 
 http://www.washington.edu/imap/c-client-list.html
------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Mark Crispin <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2000 00:02:05 -0700 (PDT)

Whenever c-client needs a user name and password, it calls the mm_login()
routine to get this information.

The mm_login() routine is a routine that you write in your application.  You
can therefore make it do whatever you want.  It does not have to prompt the
user; it could simply return the information that your application already
has.

---

From: Andrew Daviel <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2000 16:07:04 -0700 (PDT)

> I would like to know how to open the mailbox without asking the client for

The "rimapd" scheme will allow a user to access imapd using rsh,
so that if they have appropriate rhosts permission on the server they can
access mail without a login. Looks like it also works with ssh, if rsh is
a link to it.

Andrew Daviel, TRIUMF

---

From: shilpa <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 03 Jun 2000 11:46:43 +0530

Can anybody help me in getting removed from the c-client mailing list?
will be obliged.
shilpa..//
---------