Subject: imap-2001 compile-error

From: achim altmann <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2002 14:31:43 +0200

Hallo,

i think this mailinglist is my last chance to compile uw-imap

My components are the follows.
redhat 7.2
openssl-0.9.6c
imap-2001a

when i use the options
make lrh
or 
make lnp SSLTYPE=unix
or
make slx SSLTYPE=unix

everytime come the same problem

The make meassage is the follow

`cat CCTYPE` -c `cat CFLAGS` tenex.c
`cat CCTYPE` -c `cat CFLAGS` mtx.c
`cat CCTYPE` -c `cat CFLAGS` news.c
news.c: In function `news_open':
news.c:300: warning: passing arg 3 of `scandir' from incompatible
pointer type
`cat CCTYPE` -c `cat CFLAGS` phile.c
`cat CCTYPE` -c `cat CFLAGS` mh.c
mh.c: In function `mh_ping':
mh.c:639: warning: passing arg 3 of `scandir' from incompatible pointer
type
mh.c: In function `mh_append':
mh.c:896: warning: passing arg 3 of `scandir' from incompatible pointer
type
`cat CCTYPE` -c `cat CFLAGS` mx.c
mx.c: In function `mx_ping':
mx.c:582: warning: passing arg 3 of `scandir' from incompatible pointer
type
sh -c 'rm -rf c-client.a || true'
ar rc c-client.a mail.o misc.o newsrc.o smanager.o osdep.o utf8.o
siglocal.o dummy.o pseudo.o netmsg.o flstring.o fdstring
o rfc822.o nntp.o smtp.o imap4r1.o pop3.o unix.o mbox.o mbx.o mmdf.o
tenex.o mtx.o news.o phile.o mh.o mx.o;ranlib c-clien
.a
make[3]: Verlassen des Verzeichnisses Verzeichnis
»/usr/local/src/imap-2001a_ssl/c-client«
make[2]: Verlassen des Verzeichnisses Verzeichnis
»/usr/local/src/imap-2001a_ssl/c-client«
echo lnp > OSTYPE
touch rebuild
sh -c 'rm -rf rebuild || true'
Building bundled tools...
cd mtest;make
make[2]: Wechsel in das Verzeichnis Verzeichnis
»/usr/local/src/imap-2001a_ssl/mtest«
`cat ../c-client/CCTYPE` -I../c-client `cat ../c-client/CFLAGS`   -c -o
mtest.o mtest.c
`cat ../c-client/CCTYPE` -I../c-client `cat ../c-client/CFLAGS` -o mtest
mtest.o ../c-client/c-client.a `cat ../c-client/L
FLAGS`
../c-client/c-client.a(osdep.o): In function `ssl_onceonlyinit':
/usr/local/src/imap-2001a_ssl/c-client/osdep.c:286: the use of `tmpnam'
is dangerous, better use `mkstemp'
mtest.o: In function `mm_login':
/usr/local/src/imap-2001a_ssl/mtest/mtest.c:517: the `gets' function is
dangerous and should not be used.
make[2]: Verlassen des Verzeichnisses Verzeichnis
»/usr/local/src/imap-2001a_ssl/mtest«
cd ipopd;make
make[2]: Wechsel in das Verzeichnis Verzeichnis
»/usr/local/src/imap-2001a_ssl/ipopd«
`cat ../c-client/CCTYPE` -I../c-client `cat ../c-client/CFLAGS`   -c -o
ipop2d.o ipop2d.c
`cat ../c-client/CCTYPE` -I../c-client `cat ../c-client/CFLAGS` -o
ipop2d ipop2d.o ../c-client/c-client.a `cat ../c-client
LDFLAGS`
../c-client/c-client.a(osdep.o): In function `ssl_onceonlyinit':
/usr/local/src/imap-2001a_ssl/c-client/osdep.c:286: the use of `tmpnam'
is dangerous, better use `mkstemp'
`cat ../c-client/CCTYPE` -I../c-client `cat ../c-client/CFLAGS`   -c -o
ipop3d.o ipop3d.c
`cat ../c-client/CCTYPE` -I../c-client `cat ../c-client/CFLAGS` -o
ipop3d ipop3d.o ../c-client/c-client.a `cat ../c-client
LDFLAGS`
../c-client/c-client.a(osdep.o): In function `ssl_onceonlyinit':
/usr/local/src/imap-2001a_ssl/c-client/osdep.c:286: the use of `tmpnam'
is dangerous, better use `mkstemp'
make[2]: Verlassen des Verzeichnisses Verzeichnis
»/usr/local/src/imap-2001a_ssl/ipopd«
cd imapd;make
make[2]: Wechsel in das Verzeichnis Verzeichnis
»/usr/local/src/imap-2001a_ssl/imapd«
`cat ../c-client/CCTYPE` -I../c-client `cat ../c-client/CFLAGS`    
-DANOFILE=\"/etc/anonymous.newsgroups\" -DALERTFILE=\"
etc/imapd.alert\" -DUSERALERTFILE=\".imapalert\"
-DSHUTDOWNFILE=\"/etc/nologin\"   -c -o imapd.o imapd.c
`cat ../c-client/CCTYPE` -I../c-client `cat ../c-client/CFLAGS`    
-DANOFILE=\"/etc/anonymous.newsgroups\" -DALERTFILE=\"
etc/imapd.alert\" -DUSERALERTFILE=\".imapalert\"
-DSHUTDOWNFILE=\"/etc/nologin\" -o imapd imapd.o ../c-client/c-client.a
`
at ../c-client/LDFLAGS`
../c-client/c-client.a(osdep.o): In function `ssl_onceonlyinit':
/usr/local/src/imap-2001a_ssl/c-client/osdep.c:286: the use of `tmpnam'
is dangerous, better use `mkstemp'
make[2]: Verlassen des Verzeichnisses Verzeichnis
»/usr/local/src/imap-2001a_ssl/imapd«
make[1]: Verlassen des Verzeichnisses Verzeichnis
»/usr/local/src/imap-2001a_ssl«

Please!!

Can help me?

Thanks a lot for help

by and best reagards

Achim
-- 
------------------------------------------------------------------
 For information about this mailing list, and its archives, see: 
 http://www.washington.edu/imap/c-client-list.html
------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Mark Crispin <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2002 09:25:09 -0700 (PDT)

I don't see any compile errors in the log that you sent.

Did you read the FAQ?