Subject: problem with NIS/YP and myusername_full()

From: Karsten Ballueder <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 1998 12:37:41 +0100 (BST)

I found that after upgrading to 4.2 the c-client library would trigger 
an abort() on linux systems using yellow pages.

The mysuername_full() function fails looking up the username, which,
of course, cannot be found in the local password file.

Is there any fix for this?
-- 
 Karsten Ballüder http://Ballueder.home.ml.org/ mailto:[email-masked]
Physics Department, Heriot-Watt University, Edinburgh, EH14 4AS, Scotland
            "In a world without fences, who needs Gates?"  

------------------------------------------------------------------
 For information about this mailing list, and its archives, see: 
 http://www.washington.edu/imap/c-client-list.html
------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Mark Crispin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 1998 12:58:59 -0700 (PDT)

> Is there any fix for this?

You may need to rebuild your c-client based software to get correct versions
of the getpwnam() and getpwuid() libraries that consult Yellow Pages.  Contact
your operating system and/or C compiler vendor for assistance.

We don't use Yellow Pages here (an excellent management decision for a number
of reasons), but in any case YP is supposed to be drop-in compatible.