Subject: some function I can call to get the c-client library version?

From: Vicki Brown <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2002 11:16:48 -0700

Digging through the source has so far not produced 
enlightenment. Does c-client.a carry the knowledge of its 
current version inside itself?

How can a client program that relies on c-client.a determine 
which version of the library it is linked with?
- Vicki

---

From: Mark Crispin <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2002 15:44:26 -0700 (Pacific Daylight Time)

> current version inside itself?

At the current time, it does not.

> which version of the library it is linked with?

Supposedly, if the program successfully compiles and links, it is
compatible with that version of c-client.  There have not been any
incompatible changes in c-client in a long time; imap-4.1 was the last
major incompatible change.

This also means that you should be able to build your program with a newer
version of c-client, and have it "just work".