Subject: Nested MIME types/parts

From: "J. T. Breitner" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 1999 14:22:14 -0400 (EDT)

I've fought with this one for a week, thinking I could find the problem 
myself.  I thought I had a clear understanding of how c-client deals
with nested mime components with in a message body, but now I'm doubting 
that.

Here's the concept, people forwarding copies of copies of copies of a 
mail message.  You've seen it, they all use something like 
Outlook, which takes the previous message, wraps it within a new MIME 
message and off it goes...where the next recipient thinks that their 
friend should see this, and repeats the process.

When parsing through the body parts, mail_fetchbody() seems to grab the 
whole RFC822 body.  Where are the individually wrapped pieces?

-- 
------------------------------------------------------------------
 For information about this mailing list, and its archives, see: 
 http://www.washington.edu/imap/c-client-list.html
------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Karsten Ballueder <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 1999 12:22:43 +0100 (BST)

> whole RFC822 body.  Where are the individually wrapped pieces?

Inside the RFC822 content which you can parse to get a new
body structure for it.

--
 Karsten Ballüder  http://Ballueder.home.dhs.org/  mailto:[email-masked]
 Physics Department, Heriot-Watt University, Edinburgh, EH14 4AS, Scotland
                     Tel. +44-(0)-131-4513068  Fax. +44-(0)-131-4513136
            "In a world without fences, who needs Gates?"