Subject: using /novalidate-cert

From: himbA <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 19:56:17 +0200

Hello

I'm new to the list.
I would like to get some pointers for using imapd in mixed enviroment clients, 
winxp and suse linux 8.2. my server is using imap that came with suse 
distribution, it is compiled with MD5 support by default, and I have to use a 
certificate that is not signed by CA. Every time email client (outlook) is 
started i get a warning about certificate not being signed by CA...
 /novalidate-cert option is supposed to solve this problem, but i haven't been 
able to make it work with outlook.

How can i enable it ?

regards, himba

-- 
This €-mail was Kmailed.
-- 
------------------------------------------------------------------
 For information about this mailing list, and its archives, see: 
 http://www.washington.edu/imap/c-client-list.html
------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Per Olofsson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2003 22:19:52 +0200 (CEST)

> able to make it work with outlook.

You can't use /novalidate-cert, that option is only available for programs
using c-client. There are two possible solutions, either disable SSL (not
MD5) or tell Outlook to trust the certificate. Obviously, the latter is
preferred. I believe Outlook uses the same certificate settings as IE, you
can find them in "Internet Settings" or something like that. Import your
certificate there.