Subject: using dmail with procmail

From: Terry Davis <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2001 13:10:34 -0500

Hello!

I am looking to incorporate dmail into a procmail recipe so I can have
mbx formatted inboxes.
dmail does not want to run as root or daemon.    doesnt procmail run as
root typically when
called from sendmail?

How can I get around this?  Or any suggestions?

Thank you!
Terry

-- 
------------------------------------------------------------------
 For information about this mailing list, and its archives, see: 
 http://www.washington.edu/imap/c-client-list.html
------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Eduardo Chappa <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2001 12:00:02 -0700 (PDT)

*** Terry Davis ([email-masked]) wrote today:

:) I am looking to incorporate dmail into a procmail recipe so I can have
:) mbx formatted inboxes. dmail does not want to run as root or daemon.
:) doesnt procmail run as root typically when called from sendmail?
:)
:) How can I get around this?  Or any suggestions?

Terry,

  Make the action of the recipe in procmail to be

|/path/to/dmail +/path/to/folder

dmail will recognize the format that the folder is in, so you need to have
the folder in the mbx format before you attempt this.

-- 
Eduardo
http://www.math.washington.edu/~chappa/pine/