Subject: mail_partial_body() how-to

From: "Slava Pechenin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2002 13:51:56 +0300

Hi all c-client professionals!

Studying the "internal.txt",  the sources and the list archives does not
make me clear how to use the library. The task is to download large message
in several chunks. Is there an example of that?

Would anyone be so kind to give me a generic outline of what I am to
implement?

Thanks for any advice

-- 
------------------------------------------------------------------
 For information about this mailing list, and its archives, see: 
 http://www.washington.edu/imap/c-client-list.html
------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Mark Crispin <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2002 21:43:59 -0700 (Pacific Daylight Time)

> in several chunks. Is there an example of that?

The only example that I can think of is in the Pine sources, in
pine/mailpart.c.

Unfortunately, internal.txt (which was last updated in 1996) predates the
mail_partial_text() and mail_partial_body() functions.  Look at the
c-client/mail.c source code to see how they are called.

You also need to set up a mailgets_t callback to actually receive the
data.  internal.txt discusses mailgets_t a little bit, but there's now an
additional argument (a GETS_DATA* pointer) that gives additional
information to the callback as to what the data is about.

I hope that this is enough to get you started.