Subject: Sample IMAP util

From: Emiliano <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2001 22:18:16 +0200

Hi all,

I've crufted a small imap tool building on the c-client interface. I'm 
offering it in the hope it will be useful to someone, if only to serve as an 
example of c-client coding (I'm not claiming it's a good example, though). 
It's based loosely on the imap-utils programs, with some of the OCCC 
candidate coding removed ;) Damn, Mark, some of that coding is d^Htense ;)

It can be found at http://www.iris-advies.nl/misc/imap-moveflagged.tar.gz.

What it does is probably rather specific to my situation here: there are some 
of us who have pretty humoungous mailboxes, and don't want to delete stuff 
for archival reasons, but oversight is going rapidly. What I've done is set 
up secondary imap acounts for us (cyrus imapd with userdb authentication 
makes that pretty easy) and run this tool every night which just seeks out 
all messages that are flagged and moves them into the same folder in the 
mirror account.

I'm making this available under the GPL. If for some unforeseen reason this 
is useful to anyone else and the GPL is a problem for you, I'm open to 
relisence under pretty much any OSI-approved license.

BTW, I'm not using UIDs right now because I couldn't find coherent 
documentation nor examples on how to use them. Are mail IDs reshuffled when 
someone is touching/deleting his mail? That could put me in a world of hurt, 
I guess. The program runs at 3am but some of these people have no life and 
occasionally one will still be logged in at that time. Not me of course. 
Nope. Never.

Emile
-- 
------------------------------------------------------------------
 For information about this mailing list, and its archives, see: 
 http://www.washington.edu/imap/c-client-list.html
------------------------------------------------------------------