Subject: Problems accessing subfolders

From: Wolfgang Sailer <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 14:08:34 +0100

Hi all!

Concering the problem I described in my mail yesterday (I can access a
mailservers subfolders from my Windows-computer but from my linux
computer running imap-2001a I can only access TOP-LEVEL folders), it
could be similar to the problem Dirk Pape reported (Tue, 18 Feb 2003). I
will try to check whether I can access the submailfolders from my linux
compter with a different programme. I will try to set up pine to access
the remote system. I will report if that works or not. Personally I do
not think the problem is with the mailsync programme, as Mark believes
(see below), as other people report that programme to work correctly.
Question: Can it be only a misconfiguration of imapd / c-client.h on my
linux computer? Could it be re-configured with respect to accessing
subfolders?

Thanks, Wolfgang

On Mon, 17 Feb 2003 I wrote:
> I have a linux (RedHat 8.0) box running at home and want to access
> the mailserver from my university (Innsbruck,Austria), but my
> linux-boxes imap client fails to SELECT subfolders. From my Windows
> Computer running Mozilla it is possible to access all submailfolders.
> Any ideas how to get it working?

Mark Crispin replied to this:
> I think that the best way to fix your problem is to report the bugs
> in mailsync to its author and ask him to fix it.  The c-client
> library is responding exactly to what mailsync is asking it to do;
> the problem is that mailsync is asking the wrong things.
> -- Mark --

-- 
 "Wer sich an die 80er erinnern kann, der hat sie nicht erlebt."
Falco
-- 
------------------------------------------------------------------
 For information about this mailing list, and its archives, see: 
 http://www.washington.edu/imap/c-client-list.html
------------------------------------------------------------------