Subject: [Imap-uw] imap-2004g : Need manual for c-client

From: amaresh parida <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2006 12:52:35 +0100 (BST)

Hi,
   
  I have downloaded imap-2004g and I am planning to write a imap client to append message on the server by using imap interface provided in c-client.
   
  I am writing the code in "C" language
   
  I searched in the internet to download some document which will tell how to use imap c-client API but did not get.
   
  Can any body help me out to provide one document/Manual which will having description about the API of c-client and how to use them.
   
  For example: imap_append( ) how to use and what does it mean and some explanation about this.
   
  Thanks and Regards
  Amaresh 

---------------------------------
 Jiyo cricket on Yahoo! India cricket
Yahoo! Messenger Mobile Stay in touch with your buddies all the time.

_______________________________________________
Imap-uw mailing list
[email-masked]
https://mailman1.u.washington.edu/mailman/listinfo/imap-uw

---

From: Mark Crispin <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2006 08:47:57 -0700 (PDT)

The closest thing to a manual is the imap-2004g/docs/internal.txt file. 
However, this document was last updated in 1996, so it is quite out of 
date.

Never call imap_append() directly.  That is an internal function.  The 
proper calls to use are mail_append() or mail_append_full().  You can look 
at both internal.txt and at the comments at the start of 
mail_append_full() in mail.c to see how it is called.

I will probably to redefend the imap_???() and other driver functions as 
static in a future version to make them inaccessible to application 
programs.

-- Mark --

http://panda.com/mrc
Democracy is two wolves and a sheep deciding what to eat for lunch.
Liberty is a well-armed sheep contesting the vote.
_______________________________________________
Imap-uw mailing list
[email-masked]
https://mailman1.u.washington.edu/mailman/listinfo/imap-uw