Subject: ssl certificate file contents

From: Matt Selsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2004 11:25:15 -0400

I see in docs/SSLBUILD that it says the certificate file (imapd.pem)
should contain the private key and the public key.  For historical 
reasons, we also include the CA certificate from our local 
non-commericial CA.  Our imapd.pem looks something like this:

-----BEGIN RSA PRIVATE KEY-----
[private key for imap]
-----END RSA PRIVATE KEY-----
-----BEGIN CERTIFICATE-----
[certificate for imap]
-----END CERTIFICATE-----
-----BEGIN CERTIFICATE-----
[CA certificate]
-----END CERTIFICATE-----

Is there any use to including the CA certificate in imapd.pem?  Does it
help clients verify our non-commericial certificate?  Does imapd ignore
it completely?

Thanks in advance for your help.
-- 
------------------------------------------------------------------
 For information about this mailing list, and its archives, see: 
 http://www.washington.edu/imap/c-client-list.html
------------------------------------------------------------------