Subject: controlling bandwidth usage

From: Raul Dias <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2001 11:28:12 -0300

Hi,

I am having a problem recently regarding bandwidth usage.

I have a lot of users who check their e-mail from outside of my network.
most of this users have higher badwidth to the net than my network has.
This make possible to a few user to consume (easely) all my bandwith.

Is there something about controlling bandwidth in imap/pop3 server?
docs, patchs, ideas.  Anything is welcomed.

What I am looking for is a way to control the bandwith from the ipop3/imapd
servers and not the whole host.

Controling the bandwith usage based on the client (no limit for the internal 
network) is even better.

I am looking forward to patch uw-imap myself if no other solution is possible.

Regards,

Raul Dias

-- 
------------------------------------------------------------------
 For information about this mailing list, and its archives, see: 
 http://www.washington.edu/imap/c-client-list.html
------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Yiorgos Adamopoulos <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2001 11:23:35 +0300

> docs, patchs, ideas.  Anything is welcomed.

Depending on the operating system that you use, you can do some traffic
shaping magic.  But it is OS depended.

--adamo