Subject: UW-2004a and IPv6 & FreeBSD 4.10

From: Peter Losher <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 2004 11:49:58 -0700

I just installed 2004a on a freshly installed system running 4.10, with the
express goal of getting imaps over IPv6 working.  I made the requisite
entries in inetd.conf:

-=-
imaps   stream  tcp     nowait  root    /usr/local/libexec/imapd        imapd
imaps   stream  tcp6    nowait  root    /usr/local/libexec/imapd        imapd
-=-

Restarted inetd, and all IPv6 queries bomb out w/ this error message:

Aug  2 17:35:58 newbox imapd[44126]: Command stream end of file, while
flushing line user=??? host=[NON-IPv4]

We don't run IPv4-IPv6 mapping, I have even gone thru and compiled w/ 'make
IP=6 bsf' on the command line to be sure.

Am I missing something obvious here?

Best Wishes - Peter
-- 
[email-masked] | ISC | OpenPGP 0xE8048D08 | "The bits must flow"

---

From: Mark Crispin <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2004 16:51:12 -0700 (Pacific Daylight Time)

> flushing line user=??? host=[NON-IPv4]

Sorry for the delay in responding; I was on vacation.

If you are getting "NON-IPv4" then the imapd binary you are running was 
built as IPv4 only (that is, IP=4 which is the default for UNIX builds).

Did you do a "make clean" before setting IP=6?

Note that this is not the underlying problem.  "Command stream end of 
file" simply means that the client disconnected without doing a LOGOUT 
command.

-- Mark --

http://staff.washington.edu/mrc
Science does not emerge from voting, party politics, or public debate.
Si vis pacem, para bellum.