Subject: Re: Body Parts Revisited

From: "J. T. Breitner" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 1999 07:11:53 -0400 (EDT)

>Since structures can nest, you have to get the entire body structure. 
>Otherwise, you wouldn't have a clue as to what body part section 
>specifiers you can use, except by some mechanism to do it one at a time. 

This I found out after a long evening of very indepth goofing around
with it.

I learned exactly what you're doing with the library after a while,
and now see how it does not make any sense to access the mail folder
for this data more than once, which can certainly happen in imap
fashion (although my application is not nearly as intense).

>if you think it through, you'll see that what appears to be "easy" on 
>the surface is really a bad idea. 

Hey, can't blame a guy for trying it the easy way first...

>There's usually a good reason why things were done the way they were 
>(although there are a few mistakes...). It's not always obvious -- 
>especially if you're just starting -- why some things were done that way. But please feel free 
>to keep on asking. Remember, the only "stupid question" is the one that 
>isn't asked! 

Well, to me it wasn't completely obvious.  It took some experimenting.
It rained all of labor day anyway, what else was there to do?

Thanks for the help...

Jeff