Subject: PHP with IMAP. Can't compile Apache

From: Tim Winders <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 1999 11:21:34 -0500

I am not sure where to direct this, sorry for the cross-post.

I am running Digital Unix 4.0E

I am trying to compile PHP with IMAP support.  I have tried WU-IMAP 4.4,
4.5, 4.6-BETA with the same results.  I was using the 4.0E C compiler
(v5.8-009) but, I have contacted DEC and updated the C compiler on my
system to be DEC C V6.1-005 with the same result.

I can successfully build PHP 3.09 with this command:

./configure  \
--with-apache=../apache_1.3.6 \
--with-mysql=/usr/local/mysql \
--with-imap=/local/users/twinders/work/imap-4.6.BETA \
--enable-tracking-vars=yes

make and make install work fine.

I configure Apache 1.3.6 as such:

./configure \
--with-layout=Apache \
--enable-module=most \
--activate-module=src/modules/php3/libphp3.a \
--activate-module=src/modules/auth_mysql/libauth_mysql.a \

But, when I make apache, it always dies here:

cc  -I/usr/local/mysql/include  -DOSF1 -DUSE_HSREGEX `./apaci`    \
      -o httpd buildmark.o modules.o modules/proxy/libproxy.a
modules/php3/libph
p3.a modules/auth_mysql/libauth_mysql.a modules/standard/libstandard.a
main/libm
ain.a ./os/unix/libos.a ap/libap.a regex/libregex.a 
-L/usr/local/mysql/lib -lmy
sqlclient  -Lmodules/php3 -L../modules/php3 -L../../modules/php3
-lmodphp3  -lpc
re           -Wl,-rpath,/usr/local/mysql/lib -L/usr/local/mysql/lib
-lmysqlclien
t               -L/local/users/twinders/work/imap-4.6.BETA/lib
/local/users/twin
ders/work/imap-4.6.BETA/lib/c-client.a              -lm  -lresolv  -lm
-lgdbm
ld:
Unresolved:
setluid
make[2]: *** [target_static] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/local/users/twinders/work/apache_1.3.6/src'
make[1]: *** [build-std] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/local/users/twinders/work/apache_1.3.6'
make: *** [build] Error 2

If I build PHP without IMAP support, apache builds just fine.  I have
tried to remove the mod auth mysql from the configure and the apache
make still dies the same way when I have IMAP configured in PHP.  I am
stuck.

Does anybody have any suggestions on what else I can do to get this
working?

Thanks...

-- 
=== Tim

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
|  Tim Winders, CNE, MCSE	|  Email:  [email-masked]	|
|  Network Administrator	|  Phone:  806-894-9611 x 2369		|
|  South Plains College		|  Fax:    806-897-4711			|
|  Levelland, TX  79336		|					|
-------------------------------------------------------------------------