Subject: IMAP on SysVr3

From: "David Herron" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 93 10:43:58 PDT

Greetings!

I don't want to disrupt the mailing list too much .. but a question came
to me of whether IMAP had been ported to System Vr3 (on either 3B2 or
Amdahl .. which shouldn't make any difference).

The reference implementation is only running on SysVr4 and there are
some system calls (ftruncate() being the biggy) which are only on r4
and not r3.  At one time I attempted a workaround for the missing ftruncate()
but the workaround (copy needed bytes to a second file, then copy back)
ended up losing the entire mailbox in some cases (full disk).

Has anybody done this ??

	David

<- David Herron <[email-masked]> (work) <[email-masked]> (home)
<-
<- 
<- Where su-b-tlety is taken to an art!

---

From: Mark Crispin <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 1993 13:29:55 -0700 (PDT)

There is a system call in some versions of SysV called chsize() which does the
exact same thing as ftruncate().  It doesn't seem to be common though.