Subject: LOGIN in POP3

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2001 11:14:57 -0700

Hi,

This is regarding login phase in POP3. After I do pop3_open,
I need to login to the mailbox. For this I need to pass the USER
and the PASS values. I understand that the pop3_auth() gets these
values by calling mm_login() and passes those values thru
pop3_send (stream,"USER",usr) and pop3_send (stream,"PASS",tmp)
commands. In my program I just hardcoded these values in the mm_login
function. My question is how do I pass/set these values(user name and
passowrd)
from my function so that its taken during pop3_auth for login.

Thanks,
Manjula

-- 
-----------------------------------------------------------------
 For information about this mailing list, and its archives, see: 
 http://www.washington.edu/pine/pine-info/
-----------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Mark Crispin <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2001 11:16:58 -0700 (PDT)

It should suffice to hard code them in mm_login().  Note that c-client passes
buffers, so you have to do something like
  strcpy (user,"fred");
  strcpy (password,"sesame");
instead of
  user = "fred";
  password = "sesame";