Subject: Incorporating PGP or S/MIME into or along-side c-client

From: "Erik Kangas, Ph.D." <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2003 12:07:46 -0500 (EST)

I have been using c-client very successfully for a long time.  Now,
I am thinking about supporting secure email via PGP and S/MIME.
The obvious thing to do is have c-client give me the full raw message
body and then pass this off to gpg or openssl for processing.  But
then I am left still needing to parse MIME parts out (and to do it
really right, these may contain additional signed/encrypted messages).

It would be nice to be able to pass the output of PGP or S/MIME
back into c-client to use its native mime parsing.  Otherwise, 
we would need to have a second external mime parser for these types
of messages.

Has anyone done anything like this?  I am using Perl for the most part
(with Mail::Cclient v1.7), any suggestions as to the most efficient way to 
tackle this problem?

Thank you,

-Erik Kangas

-- 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Erik Kangas, Ph.D. --- President of Lux Scientiae, Incorporated

Lux Scientiae:       1-800-441-6612        46 Central Street
FAX:                 1-413-332-0598        Somerville, Massachusetts
Cell:                1-617-596-9558        02143, United States of America
AOL Messenger:       "luxsci"

[email-masked]  ---  http://luxsci.com

-- 
------------------------------------------------------------------
 For information about this mailing list, and its archives, see: 
 http://www.washington.edu/imap/c-client-list.html
------------------------------------------------------------------