Subject: LDAP or PAM authentication...

From: Ricardo Stella <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 01 Apr 1999 17:37:07 -0500

I originally subscribed to the wrong list.  Sorry if some of you are
getting this again...

I'm trying to authenticate UW Imap to LDAP.  There's no apparent support
at this poing.  Did anyone got this working ?

I got a PAM-LDAP module.  So I compiled UW to use PAM authentication (I
am using Solaris 2.6).  The results are as follow:

* With PAM-LDAP as primary authentication and UNIX shadows as secondary
(from /etc/pam.conf) UW authenticates with either password.

* With UNIX shadows only in /etc/pam.conf, UW simply drops the
connection.  That is, I simply rem out the PAM-LDAP authentication line
in /etc/pam.conf.

* With a wrong password entered, UW simply drops the connection.  It
does not prompt the user for a new password, or tell the user invalid
password.  The problem is that the client (Netscape) will then try to
reattach using the cached password.

So, does anyone got PAM to work properly ?  What about authenticating to
LDAP directly ?

Thanks in advance...
-- 
------------------------------------------------------------------
 For information about this mailing list, and its archives, see: 
 http://www.washington.edu/imap/c-client-list.html
------------------------------------------------------------------