Subject: symbolic links to mailboxes and locking

From: Mark Brand <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 09:58:41 +0200

Is it safe for several users to be accessing the same mbx mailbox via
different symbolic links pointing to that mailbox? Assume that all users
are doing this with c-client software, or even that all users are using
imapd.

-- 
------------------------------------------------------------------
 For information about this mailing list, and its archives, see: 
 http://www.washington.edu/imap/c-client-list.html
------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Mark Crispin <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 08:43:54 -0700 (PDT)

On Thu, 14 Apr 2005, Mark Brand wrote:
> different symbolic links pointing to that mailbox?

Yes.  However, don't use NFS with mbx format.

-- Mark --

http://staff.washington.edu/mrc
Science does not emerge from voting, party politics, or public debate.
Si vis pacem, para bellum.