Subject: Setting where the user's mailboxes live

From: Wes Brown <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 1999 10:48:32 -0500

I am looking to configure c-client (likely) so that the INBOX remains in
the system spool area, but the folders that messages are stored in all live
in ~{$USER}/Mail (or some such directory).

When users currently connect to my UW imap 4.5.Beta server they get a list
of all the files/folders in their home directory along with their INBOX.

Someday in the future I hope to move to delivering the mail the
~{$USER}/mbox file.  I am trying to plan ahead so that the users learn just
one way of doing things.

I have looked at the documentation but wanted to check on a standard method
for doing this since most of the statements were to the tune of UW
internals -- this will hurt you.

Thank you for your time and assistance.

Wes
--- 
Wes Brown
[email-masked]		[email-masked]
http://prozac.cwru.edu/wes/About.me.html
KB8TGR
-- 
------------------------------------------------------------------
 For information about this mailing list, and its archives, see: 
 http://www.washington.edu/imap/c-client-list.html
------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Jauder Ho <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 1999 10:44:35 -0800 (PST)

I wrote something up about this a while ago. Have a look see at
http://www.carumba.com/imap/ first and let me know if you have any more
questions.

--Jauder

---

From: Mark Crispin <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 1999 11:54:32 -0800 (PST)

> in ~{$USER}/Mail (or some such directory).

Did you read the file imap-4.5/docs/CONFIG?  If not, do so; paying particular
attention to example 2.  I think that's what you wanted.

---

From: Wes Brown <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 1999 15:28:18 -0500

> attention to example 2.  I think that's what you wanted.

It did not do what I thought I wanted to do.  Now I am not completely sure
that this is all that bad.  I was originally thinking of having
~{$USER}/mbox be the user's INBOX and the message folders living under
~{$USER}/Mail/

With the myHomeDir modification, mail from the spool will only be
transferred to the user's directory if the file mbox lives inside the
directory referenced by myHomeDir variable (~{$USER}/Mail/).

Wes
--- 
Wes Brown