Subject: mailbox format

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2001 10:46:14 -0700

Hi,

What is the format of mailbox string passed while doing mail_open ?
I tried giving it as {bilbo.centigram.com:110}INBOX and I'm getting an
error

[ccLog] ?Can't open mailbox {bilbo.centigram.com:110}INBOX: invalid remote
specification

I also tried with {bilbo.centigram.com:110}manjulahu. It doesn't work
either.

Thanks,
Manjula

-- 
------------------------------------------------------------------
 For information about this mailing list, and its archives, see: 
 http://www.washington.edu/imap/c-client-list.html
------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Mark Crispin <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2001 20:27:10 -0700 (PDT)

> [ccLog] ?Can't open mailbox {bilbo.centigram.com:110}INBOX: invalid remote

Did you "#include <linkage.c>" in your main program?  I bet that you
did not.  Nothing will work unless you include the linkage!

In any case, that specification won't work since it will try to open an
IMAP connection on the POP3 port.  You need "/pop3" instead of ":110".

-- Mark --

http://staff.washington.edu/mrc
Science does not emerge from voting, party politics, or public debate.