Subject: ANNOUNCING: University of Washington IMAP Toolkit version 2004a

From: Mark Crispin <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2004 15:26:26 -0700 (PDT)

This message is to announce the release of the University of Washington
IMAP toolkit, version 2004a.  It includes the c-client library; the
ipop2d, ipop3d, and imapd servers; the dmail and tmail message delivery
agents; and the mailutil utility program.

imap-2004a is a maintenance release, consisting primarily of critical
bugfixes.  Programs written for imap-2004 will build with this version
without modification.

This version is available on:
 	ftp://ftp.cac.washington.edu/mail/imap-2004a.tar.Z
 	MD5 checksum = 34d2c66271302cd2f926094fb5e8705d

imap-2004a contains the following enhancements, which are primarily of
concern to system administrators:

imapd now has a supported NNTP proxy capability.  If the file /etc/imapd.nntp
exists, the contents of that file are used as the host name of an NNTP
server which will be used whenever a #news. name is used.  For example, if
/etc/imapd.nntp contains nntp.example.com, and the IMAP client SELECTs or
EXAMINEs the name #news.comp.mail.imap, what will actually be opened in
imapd is {nntp.example.com/nntp}comp.mail.imap

The OSF/1 port (Digital UNIX, Tru64) now uses flocksim instead of flcksafe,
since newer versions no longer have the BSD flock() call; and instead have
a function which (incorrectly) emulates flock() via fcntl() locking.

The unix[nt] and mmdf drivers now prevent mail_append() from writing Status:,
X-Status:, X-UID, X-IMAP[base]:, and X-Keywords: header lines to a
traditional UNIX or MMDF format mailbox.  If any such lines are in the
text supplied to mail_append(), they will be quoted by prefixing with
"X-Original-" (e.g. Status: will become X-Original-Status:).

-- Mark --

http://staff.washington.edu/mrc
Science does not emerge from voting, party politics, or public debate.
Si vis pacem, para bellum.
-- 
-----------------------------------------------------------------
 For information about this mailing list, and its archives, see: 
 http://www.washington.edu/imap/imap-list.html
-----------------------------------------------------------------