Subject: [Imap-uw] imap with ssl

From: Daniel Prieto <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2005 15:39:22 -0500

Hello guys,

I have a Sun box (Sunblade) with Solaris8 and I have download imap-2004g 
and follow the doc/SSLBUILD directions (my version of openssl is 
0.9.8a). I compiled imap as follow:

make gso SSLTYPE=unix

./imap:
* OK [CAPABILITY IMAP4REV1 LITERAL+ SASL-IR LOGIN-REFERRALS STARTTLS 
AUTH=LOGIN] machinename IMAP4rev1 2004.357 at Thu, 17 Nov 2005 15:09:35 
-0500 (EST)

I created a certificate as follow:

openssl req -new -x509 -nodes -out imapd.pem -keyout imapd.pem -days 999

  which is located in my default ssl directory: 
/usr/local/ssl/certs/imapd.pem

My Thurderbird email client can't get any connection:
If I setup the "Security Settings" to:

  	"Never" I get "Mail server MYSERVER is not an IMAP4 mail server" 
error message.
	"SSL' (on port 993) I get "Unable to connect to your IMAP server. You 
may have exceeded the maximum number of connections to this server. If, 
so, use the Advanced IMAP Server Settings dialog to reduce the number of 
cached connections."
	
I need your help...
Thank you,
-- 
Daniel Prieto
_______________________________________________
Imap-uw mailing list
[email-masked]
https://mailman1.u.washington.edu/mailman/listinfo/imap-uw

---

From: Mark Crispin <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2005 13:24:31 -0800

What happens when you telnet to port 993 on the IMAP server system?

Do you get any messages in your mail syslog?

-- Mark --

http://staff.washington.edu/mrc
Science does not emerge from voting, party politics, or public debate.
Si vis pacem, para bellum.
_______________________________________________
Imap-uw mailing list
[email-masked]
https://mailman1.u.washington.edu/mailman/listinfo/imap-uw