Subject: IMAP2001: error "Service not available"

From: Dora Merelli <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2001 15:23:14 +0100

Hi,
I just downloaded the IMAP server version 2001a. I compiled it (without any
changes or variation), and installed it on a OSF1 v5.1 machine.
When I try to do a telnet on port 143 I receive this message:

* BYE Service not available dapmail1 IMAP4rev1 2001.315 at Tue, 20 Nov 2001
16:17:25 +0100 (CET)

If I install on the same machine an old version of IMAP (4.7), it works.
Any idea of what is wrong?
Thanks a lot
Dora

--
Dora Merelli
DAPNIA/SEI
CEA Saclay
91191 Gif s/Yvette - France

-- 
------------------------------------------------------------------
 For information about this mailing list, and its archives, see: 
 http://www.washington.edu/imap/c-client-list.html
------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Mark Crispin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2001 07:10:41 -0800 (PST)

"Service not available" means that /etc/nologin exists, indicating that the
system is shutting down in 5 minutes.  imapd declines to start under such
circumstances.

---

From: "Irlanda Delgado" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2001 10:46:53 -0600

Hello,

where can i get the source of IMAP-2000c?....

Thank you.

Irlanda

---

From: Mark Crispin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2001 10:26:43 -0800 (PST)

The source to the latest version of the UW IMAP toolkit is always:
	ftp://ftp.cac.washington.edu/mail/imap.tar.Z

The current release version is imap-2001a, which has substantial improvements
over imap-2000c.