Subject: UW IMAP toolkit version 2002e now available

From: Mark Crispin <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2003 15:52:41 -0700 (Pacific Daylight Time)

Version 2002e of the University of Washington IMAP toolkit, including the
c-client library and UW imapd, is now publicly available on:
	ftp://ftp.cac.washington.edu/mail/imap-2002e.tar.Z

This is the version distibuted with Pine 4.58; so if you have upgraded to
Pine 4.58 and use its imapd you do not need to get this version
separately.

There are some minor bugfixes in this version, including:
 . better NNTP client performance with non-compliant servers (such as
    Netscape Collabra)
 . SMTP delivery notififications now work in all cases
 . fix an uncommon heap corruption/crash problem

There are also a few additions of interest to system administrators and
developers.  See the file imap-2002e/docs/RELNOTES for more details.

imap-2002e has most of the updates in the current imap-2003 development
snapshot, with the exception being the as-yet untested NNTP TLS/SASL
support.  Consequently, imap-2002e, and not imap-2003, is the recommended
version for production use.

-- Mark --

http://staff.washington.edu/mrc
Science does not emerge from voting, party politics, or public debate.
Si vis pacem, para bellum.
-- 
------------------------------------------------------------------
 For information about this mailing list, and its archives, see: 
 http://www.washington.edu/imap/c-client-list.html
------------------------------------------------------------------