Subject: IMAP server that supports Shadow password on Linux

From: John Lee <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 1997 16:00:16 +0800 (HKT)

Hi,

The current version of the IMAP server does not seem to support shadow
password on Linux.

Is there any plan to support shadow password on Linux (in particular
Slackware 3.3 from Walnut Creek)?

Thanks!

Regards,
John Lee
Hongkong Telecom
Internet Services

---

From: Mark Crispin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 1997 00:04:19 -0800 (PST)

> The current version of the IMAP server does not seem to support shadow

Please review the information in the README file, and follow the directions in
that file carefully.  It may help you avoid other problems.

The README file tells you to look in the Makefile to find the list of
supported ports.  In that file, you will find a line which reads:
	# slx   Linux with shadow password security

So, you need to do "make slx" instead of "make lnx" to build on Linux systems
which have shadow passwords.