Subject: c-client built in uudecoding?

From: Charles Dorner <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2005 13:24:25 -0800

Hi,

    After a cursory examination, I didn't see a uudecoding function 
anywhere in c-client; a co-worker swears there is one.  Does c-client 
have uudecoding built in someplace?

Charles

-- 
------------------------------------------------------------------
 For information about this mailing list, and its archives, see: 
 http://www.washington.edu/imap/c-client-list.html
------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Mark Crispin <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2005 13:33:08 -0800 (Pacific Standard Time)

On Mon, 7 Mar 2005, Charles Dorner wrote:
>   After a cursory examination, I didn't see a uudecoding function anywhere 
> in c-client; a co-worker swears there is one.  Does c-client have uudecoding 
> built in someplace?

No, there is not.  This is BASE64 and QUOTED-PRINTABLE encoding/decoding 
though.

I'm surprised that anyone still wants uuencode.  There are known problems 
with uuencode; that's why MIME defined a separate BASE64 which has the 
advantages of uuencode but not the disadvantages.

-- Mark --

http://staff.washington.edu/mrc
Science does not emerge from voting, party politics, or public debate.
Si vis pacem, para bellum.