Subject: cclient date handling

From: "M-Developers (KB)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2000 11:09:04 +0100 (GMT)

I got the following comment about our c-client based Mahogany mailer.
Would it be able to add a fix to c-client's date handling code that corrects
dates that are wrongly set by other mailers? I.e. if we find a message with a
date of "100" (or indeed anything < 1970 or so), to add "a sensible number" to
it?

I know it's not a c-client bug, but it would be nice to have this.

The original comment I got:

There are lots of non-y2k-compliant mailers still being used, sending
out messages with date headers claiming the year is 100 (i.e. they
didn't add 1900 to what they got from localtime()) or some other
weirdness.  In the folder view / message index, a message that claims
a year of 100 gets listed and sorted as if its year were 2020.
I suspect this is a c-client issue.

--
 Karsten Ballüder  http://Ballueder.home.dhs.org/  mailto:[email-masked]
 Physics Department, Heriot-Watt University, Edinburgh, EH14 4AS, Scotland
                     Tel. +44-(0)-131-4513068  Fax. +44-(0)-131-4513136
            "In a world without fences, who needs Gates?"  

-- 
------------------------------------------------------------------
 For information about this mailing list, and its archives, see: 
 http://www.washington.edu/imap/c-client-list.html
------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Mark Crispin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2000 09:47:33 -0700 (PDT)

Are you using the latest c-client (from IMAP-2000 RC3)?  If not, you should
try it as soon as possible.  The latest version tries a bit harder to handle
non-Y2K compliant dates.