Subject: Setting up shared folders

From: "Henri Dupre" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2000 16:50:54 -0800

Actually I'm using shared folders with symbolic links. This way users can see some shared folders from any mail client like Outlook express. But I read that c-client is able to handle "real" shared folders. This would allow me to get a better file layout instead of always recreating the links. How does that stuff work ?

------------------------------------------------------------
--== Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/ ==--
Before you buy.

-- 
------------------------------------------------------------------
 For information about this mailing list, and its archives, see: 
 http://www.washington.edu/imap/c-client-list.html
------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Mark Crispin <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2000 17:00:17 -0800 (PST)

On Mon, 6 Nov 2000 16:50:54 -0800, Henri Dupre wrote:
> Actually I'm using shared folders with symbolic links. This way users can
> see some shared folders from any mail client like Outlook express. But I
> read that c-client is able to handle "real" shared folders. This would allow
> me to get a better file layout instead of always recreating the links. How
> does that stuff work ?

If you create user "imapshared" then its home directory can be referenced as
#shared/  In other words, mailbox "foo" in imapshared's home directory is
#shared/foo