Subject: imap mailbox creation by script

From: "Toth Nandor (Csigas)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2004 22:52:37 +0100 (CET)

Hi!

I know there is a special message in each imap folder (FOLDER INTERNAL
DATA).

I want create folders for my users automatically by a bash script.

How can i create these special messages? Is it necessary to do this?

Thanks!!!

  Nandor Toth

PS. Maybe the answer should go in the FAQ...
-- 
------------------------------------------------------------------
 For information about this mailing list, and its archives, see: 
 http://www.washington.edu/imap/c-client-list.html
------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Mark Crispin <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2004 16:21:44 -0800 (PST)

> How can i create these special messages? Is it necessary to do this?

On most systems, it is alright to create an empty file with "touch", e.g.
	touch /home/nug/newfile

If you want to be fancier, you can use mailutil's create command, e.g.:
	mailutil create /home/nug/newfile

-- Mark --

http://staff.washington.edu/mrc
Science does not emerge from voting, party politics, or public debate.
Si vis pacem, para bellum.

---

From: "Clive McDowell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 15:36:38 -0000

> 	mailutil create /home/nug/newfile

Folks,

I tried to find some more documentation on mailutil without success so
apologies if the answer to this is obvious.

Using the command, e.g. -

	mailutil create /home/test/newfile

results in the error -

	Can't create mailbox /home/test/newfile: indeterminate format

The directory /home/test exists and newfile doesn't. Any idea why this
doesn't work?

Thanks,

 Clive McDowell

Information Services
The Queen's University of Belfast

---

From: Mark Crispin <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 09:15:30 -0800 (PST)

> 	Can't create mailbox /home/test/newfile: indeterminate format

You must run mailutil as the destination user and not as root.  c-client
assumes that root is equivalent to "not logged in".

-- Mark --