Subject: RE: compile error

From: "Kowal, Michael" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2005 22:47:03 -0500

Worked perfectly, but I get errors about SSL. Is there a way I can tell
make where my installation of SSL is (e.g ssl is currently installed in
/usr/local/ssl/)?

Thanks,
mike

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
On Behalf Of Mark Crispin
Sent: Tuesday, February 01, 2005 4:38 PM
To: Kowal, Michael
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: compile error

On Tue, 1 Feb 2005, Kowal, Michael wrote:
> ln: `ip_unix.c': File exists

ip_unix.c is a file that is made as part of the build.  It should not 
exist when the build is started.

Try doing a "make clean" and then try the build again.

If you got your copy from a third-party, try getting it directly from
the 
UW distribution at:
 	ftp://ftp.cac.washington.edu/mail/imap.tar.Z

-- Mark --

http://staff.washington.edu/mrc
Science does not emerge from voting, party politics, or public debate.
Si vis pacem, para bellum.

---

From: Mark Crispin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2005 19:56:13 -0800

> make where my installation of SSL is (e.g ssl is currently installed in

/usr/local/ssl is the default location.  If you are building on Linux, you 
should use "make lnp" or "make slx" rather than one of the vendor versions 
(e.g. "make lrh").  The only difference between the vendor versions and 
"make lnp" is that the vendor versions reflect their non-default locations 
for SSL.

-- Mark --