Subject: IMAP ANNOTATE MORE support

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2004 15:54:36 +0100

Hi,

I've been using your library for about a month. I'm pretty happy about it.

But I need ANNOTATE support. I've found on the website the you were planning to
do the support, but I cant found anything in hte documentation.

Is it done?? And if not, can you help me to introduce this functionnality to
your library

Thanks

Julien Hamaide
-- 
------------------------------------------------------------------
 For information about this mailing list, and its archives, see: 
 http://www.washington.edu/imap/c-client-list.html
------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Mark Crispin <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2004 09:06:53 -0800 (PST)

> do the support, but I cant found anything in hte documentation.

There is currently no support for ANNOTATE and ANNOTATEMORE in c-client. 
You are the first person who has asked for it.  Please note that ANNOTATE 
and ANNOTATEMORE are still under development in the IETF IMAPEXT working 
group, and as such the specification is subject to change.

I can not predict at the present time when ANNOTATE and/or ANNOTATEMORE 
support will be added.  This is a fairly large capability, and there are 
other projects.

It is possible that a basic IMAP-client only support (as opposed to 
general c-client support and UW imapd support) can be added soon rather 
than later.  This would be on the lines of the existing support for ACL 
and QUOTA; meaning that you call internal IMAP driver functions through 
unofficial interfaces.  If this is OK, please let me know.

-- Mark --

http://staff.washington.edu/mrc
Science does not emerge from voting, party politics, or public debate.
Si vis pacem, para bellum.

---

From: Robert Banz <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2004 10:30:23 -0500

> unofficial interfaces.  If this is OK, please let me know.

Mark,

Just curious -- have you had thoughts on what you would like to see the 
QUOTA & ACL driver APIs looking like?  I've got some need at my site for 
such a thing -- so, it's either write some local web app to deal with 
it, or deal with it through a method that might actually benefit someone 
else ;)

-rob

---

From: Mark Crispin <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2004 19:08:28 -0800 (Pacific Standard Time)

On Fri, 10 Dec 2004, Robert Banz wrote:
> Just curious -- have you had thoughts on what you would like to see the QUOTA 
> & ACL driver APIs looking like?  I've got some need at my site for such a 
> thing -- so, it's either write some local web app to deal with it, or deal 
> with it through a method that might actually benefit someone else ;)

The APIs are fairly straightforward -- take a look at the internal 
interface in the IMAP driver and you can see what the API would look like.

The problem in in the implementation with local files.

-- Mark --

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2004 11:15:46 +0100

Yes, It is ok for me.

I know that ANNOTATE and ANNOTATE MORE are still draft. But I'm
developping a plugin for Kolab(kolab.org), and I really need it.

So, as long as it work, it's ok for me :-)

Julien Hamaide