Subject: detaching attachments

From: "Michael P. Barnett" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 Jun 2002 12:56:24 -0400

I receive many messages with very large attachments. Also, I send a
large number of messages with the same very large attachment (e.g.
PostScript or PDF files of an article to people whose work is cited in a
survey article that I am writing). 

I want to move all of these messages to folders without the attachments.
How do I detach the attachments?

Also, I am using PINE to work through the folders on my IMAP server
deleting the attachments from messages that were moved there in the
past.
This is very tedious. Can I use IMAP in an efficient way to do this?

Thanks,

Michael Barnett
-- 
------------------------------------------------------------------
 For information about this mailing list, and its archives, see: 
 http://www.washington.edu/imap/c-client-list.html
------------------------------------------------------------------