Subject: restrictBox strangeness

From: Mark Edwards <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2004 01:45:50 -0800

I'm posting this one more time, since I got no responses last time.

I recently recompiled with the restrictBox = -1 option set, in the 
interest of security.  On OSX's Mail.app, this caused my previous 
prefix setting of mail/ to stop working.  I had to switch it to mail 
(no slash).

This probably indicates some bug or implementation error in OSX 
Mail.app, but I'm curious if anyone has encountered such a thing 
before.  There doesn't seem to be any real problem once I remove the 
slash, and I haven't encountered another client that has this issue.

Could it possibly be a problem with imapd, or the way I compiled imapd?

Thanks!

-- 
------------------------------------------------------------------
 For information about this mailing list, and its archives, see: 
 http://www.washington.edu/imap/c-client-list.html
------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Mark Crispin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2004 08:04:54 -0800 (PST)

On Tue, 6 Jan 2004, Mark Edwards wrote:
> I recently recompiled with the restrictBox = -1 option set, in the interest of
> security.  On OSX's Mail.app, this caused my previous prefix setting of mail/
> to stop working.  I had to switch it to mail (no slash).

It sounds like Mail.app appends the hierarchy delimiter to the prefix
automatically, so you don't need to do it explicitly.

restrictBox forbids "//" because on a (very) few platforms that translates
into a root reference.

-- Mark --

http://staff.washington.edu/mrc
Science does not emerge from voting, party politics, or public debate.
Si vis pacem, para bellum.