Subject: Win programming in TURBO C++

From: "Nazer Mohideen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Oct 2001 11:53:48 +0530

Hy every body,

   I have turbo C++ compiler. I need to do win programming in it. For that i 
am in need of the header files. Can any one of you, say me how to buy it or 
beg it or steal it. I just have the basic header files.

With regards
Nazer

_________________________________________________________________
Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com/intl.asp

-- 
------------------------------------------------------------------
 For information about this mailing list, and its archives, see: 
 http://www.washington.edu/imap/c-client-list.html
------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Thomas Brown <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Oct 2001 03:01:50 -0400

First we are spammed with web design advertising from
central.brueggemann.de, now we have questions about hacking old C
compilers,
both unrelated to the IMAP c-client.  Can anyone say, "moderated list"?

Forgive me, for I do realize that this message in itself is perhaps
spam...

-Tom

---

From: Kevin Dwyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2001 08:23:20 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 8 Oct 2001, Thomas Brown grunted something like:

[twb0] First we are spammed with web design advertising from
[twb0] central.brueggemann.de, now we have questions about hacking old C
[twb0] compilers,
[twb0] both unrelated to the IMAP c-client.  Can anyone say, "moderated list"?
[twb0]
[twb0] Forgive me, for I do realize that this message in itself is perhaps
[twb0] spam...
[twb0]
[twb0] -Tom

Tom, while I agree these annoyances are unnecessary, I think moderated
lists take away from the usefulness of the list, while adding overhead for
the list's maintainer.  If this is majordomo (I quite honestly can't
recall) I know you can set it up such that only people who have subscribed
can post to the list, which would hope to keep out the spam.  Though, you
can't do anything about people looking for warezed copies of Photoshop or
in this case header files. ;)

/* Kevin Dwyer                              <[email-masked]> */
/* Network Security Engineer  -=-  Intermedia Communications */

---

From: Mark Crispin <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2001 09:29:25 -0700 (PDT)

> beg it or steal it. I just have the basic header files.

Yes.  It is very easy to buy those header files.

Walk to your nearest computer store.  Ask them for "Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0".
They will hand you a box, you will hand them some money.

Next, you delete Turbo C++ and install Visual C++.

Finally, if you want to build c-client with this, you need to get a copy of
the Microsoft Windows 2000 SDK, since you need the Platform SDK files.

The above simple procedures are both easier and cheaper than trying to get an
ancient compiler like Turbo C++.  We're talking a few hundred dollars vs.
many, many hours of work.