Subject: imap-2000 and nsnotify

From: Bernd Wagener <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2000 13:43:36 +0200

Hello!

Yesterday late afternoon I installed the final version imap-2000 and it
worked fine.
But today the whole staff of our administration complains about the
mail-server: 
no mailing possible! It was not true, all tests with different
mail-clients worked well.
But later one I found, that the Netscape-Notifier and also the
Imap-Notifier from
www.vandyke.com has a problem with imap-2000.
The nsnotifier ask for the password in a endless loop, the imap-notifier
complains about
the welcome-string from the imap-server.
I found in the welcome-string a new CAPABILITY - Feature and I guess,
that the notifiers have 
problems with it.
I installed the latest release-candidate and the world was peaceful for
a while.

Bernd Wagener
-- 
------------------------------------------------------------------
 For information about this mailing list, and its archives, see: 
 http://www.washington.edu/imap/c-client-list.html
------------------------------------------------------------------