Subject: Support for RFC 2086

From: Harrie Hazewinkel <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2002 09:53:16 +0100

HI,

I have a question regarding the support of the access control
RFC for IMAP. RFC 2086 provides access control for IMAP mailboxes
and I would like to know if this is supported in IMAP-WU??

I also was wondering if this will be supported and/or if someone
knows what the best way to add support for access control.

thanks by advance,

Harrie

-- 
------------------------------------------------------------------
 For information about this mailing list, and its archives, see: 
 http://www.washington.edu/imap/c-client-list.html
------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Mark Crispin <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2002 08:34:12 -0800 (PST)

RFC 2086 is not supported in UW imapd, due to design flaws in RFC 2086 which
make it effectively unimplementable.

The IMAP Extensions Working Group of the IETF is working on a replacement to
RFC 2086 which fixes those design flaws.  We intend to implement that
replacement.