Subject: IMAP toolkit crash: file size inconsistent.

From: Erik Tjernlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2002 23:45:06 +0100 (CET)

I'm trying to setup a new OpenBSD 3.0 box with sendmail 8.12.1 (from the
default installation) and the latest beta of imapd.

I probably have screwed up some file or directory permissions, because I
get a lot of things like these in the /var/log/maillog:

Jan  2 23:00:20 jazz imapd[10927]: Fatal error user=erik
  host=194.236.216.227 mbx=/var/mail/erik: file size inconsistent
Jan  2 23:00:20 jazz imapd[10927]: IMAP toolkit crash: file size
  inconsistent

Anyone recognize this and could point me in the right direction?

Regards,
Erik Tjernlund
Stockholm, Sweden

--
mailto:[email-masked] | http://erik.tjernlund.net
"I was so much older then. I'm younger than that now"

-- 
------------------------------------------------------------------
 For information about this mailing list, and its archives, see: 
 http://www.washington.edu/imap/c-client-list.html
------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Mark Crispin <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2002 15:00:18 -0800 (PST)

> default installation) and the latest beta of imapd.

Are you absolutely sure that it's the latest version, directly from
	ftp://ftp.cac.washington.edu/mail/

> Jan  2 23:00:20 jazz imapd[10927]: IMAP toolkit crash: file size

This is a bugtrap for a software problem that was supposed to have been fixed.
If you can reproduce this reliably with a particular mailbox, please forward
that mailbox file to me as a MIME attachment so I can analyze it and determine
how it happened.