Subject: extra blank line added by netmsg.c

From: Edmund GRIMLEY EVANS <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 1999 09:42:56 +0100

It seems that netmsg.c is adding an extra blank line to the end of
messages fetched by POP3. Is there a reason for this behaviour? (I
can't see anything in RFC 1939 about it, but it might be needed to
work around a bug in some widely used software, or something like
that.)

I've patched my copy as follows as I find it keeps the rfc822_size
consistent between server and client.

--- netmsg.c.orig       Fri May  9 20:25:22 1997
+++ netmsg.c    Wed Aug  4 16:52:02 1999
@@ -117,8 +117,6 @@
     fs_give ((void **) &s);    /* free the line */
   }
   if (f) {                     /* making a file? */
-    fwrite ("\015\012",1,2,f);
-    *size += 2;                        /* write final newline */
                                /* rewind to start of file */
     fseek (f,(unsigned long) 0,L_SET);
   }
-- 
------------------------------------------------------------------
 For information about this mailing list, and its archives, see: 
 http://www.washington.edu/imap/c-client-list.html
------------------------------------------------------------------