Subject: lots of disconnects....

From: "Mitchell D. Baker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 May 2004 16:57:22 -0500

We are getting a lot of clients being disconnected from the server... 
in the middle of processing.. Is there anything we can do about his? It
is not client specific.. We use Outlook, Evolution and a couple of
others around and all seem to have the same problem.  When this happens
the mail users thought they deleted shows up.. Where can I start looking
to fix this problem.. Is there more info someone needs to help me with
this? 

Thanks

See-ya
Mitch
-- 
/####################################################################/
/# Mitchell "Buzz" Baker               "To Infinity And Beyond..."  #/
/# Sr. Systems/Security Admin  Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology  #/     
/# [email-masked]            www.rose-hulman.edu  #/
/#        For PGP Public key, check out www.keyserver.net           #/
/####################################################################/

-- 
------------------------------------------------------------------
 For information about this mailing list, and its archives, see: 
 http://www.washington.edu/imap/c-client-list.html
------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Mark Crispin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 May 2004 15:11:52 -0700 (Pacific Daylight Time)

What mailbox format are you using?

What events, if any, are logged in the mail syslog that correspond with 
these disconnects?

If you are using traditional UNIX mailbox format, are you certain that 
your clients have been defanged so as not to open multiple simultaneous 
sessions to the same mailbox?

Does this problem magically not seem to happen to Pine users (and users of 
other good clients which don't need defanging)?

> to fix this problem.. Is there more info someone needs to help me with

-- Mark --

http://staff.washington.edu/mrc
Science does not emerge from voting, party politics, or public debate.
Si vis pacem, para bellum.