Subject: [Imap-uw] c-client and Merak mailserver

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2005 23:13:00 +0100

I have been having trouble getting Horde/IMP (PHP based webmail client using the
imap_* functions provided by c-client) to access my mailserver (Merak by IceWarp
(www.icewarp.com)). Someone else has posted a bug on the PHP bugs site
(http://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=30755). My bug on the horde site is at
http://bugs.horde.org/ticket/?id=2398. Using the default sort methods returns
an empty array to IMP, but using threaded sorting does return a list of the
messages in my mailbox.

I am using the latest PHP compiled against the 2004e version of c-client (which
I believe is the latest), and the most up to date stable editions of Horde and
IMP.

_______________________________________________
Imap-uw mailing list
[email-masked]
https://mailman1.u.washington.edu/mailman/listinfo/imap-uw

---

From: Mark Crispin <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2005 16:10:40 -0700 (Pacific Daylight Time)

Without being able to log in on the server in question, there is no good 
way to investigate the problem.

However, the symptoms that you report are consistant with a server that 
advertises that it has server-based sorting, but does not actually 
implement it.

-- Mark --

http://staff.washington.edu/mrc
Science does not emerge from voting, party politics, or public debate.
Si vis pacem, para bellum.
_______________________________________________
Imap-uw mailing list
[email-masked]
https://mailman1.u.washington.edu/mailman/listinfo/imap-uw