Subject: mail_list & namespace / reference

From: Trey <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2002 10:09:08 -0500

Hello all,

I'm trying to get a list of folders from the IMAP server, and when I use

	mail_list(acct.mailstream, NULL, acct.mailbox);

With acct.mailbox set to: acct.mailbox={192.168.3.43:143/imap/user="user"}*
The IMAP command sent to the server is 'tag LIST "" *'.  I want to make
this be 'tag LIST "#shared" *'.

When I set the second parameter to
mail_list(), char *ref, to "#shared" it still sends the same LIST
command.  In the c-client code, mail.c, ref is set to 0 if the folder is
a remote folder (starting with '{')...  So I'm confused. What's the
right way to get c-client to send 'tag LIST "#shared" *' to the server?

Thanks,

Trey
-- 
------------------------------------------------------------------
 For information about this mailing list, and its archives, see: 
 http://www.washington.edu/imap/c-client-list.html
------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Mark Crispin <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2002 09:23:57 -0700 (PDT)

> this be 'tag LIST "#shared" *'.

You must either put the {192.168.3.43:143/imap/user="user"} in the reference
argument, or have acct.mailstream already open on that specification and not
specify it at all in either the reference or mailbox part.

---

From: Trey <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2002 15:57:54 -0500

> specify it at all in either the reference or mailbox part.

Cool.  It works the way I want now with:

        mail_list(acct.mailstream, "{192.168.3.43:143/imap/user=\"user\"}", "#shared/*");

and (but seemed to be buggy)

        mail_list(acct.mailstream, "{192.168.3.43:143/imap/user=\"user\"}#shared", "*");

Thanks,

Trey