Subject: IMAP Setup

From: "Allan Rafuse" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2000 16:07:06 -0700

Currently I'm running Qpopper 3.0.  I'm wanting to implement IMAP
into our system, but we have a semi custom setup here.

Qpopper is patched to authenticate the user through a MySQL database
and get the users mailbox path from theres.  Which is stored as:

Droppath_col = /var/spool/mail/domainname.com/allan  (Login name is:  [email-masked])

Is it possible to run UW IMAP and Qpopper together with Mysql?

I have used Cyrus before a long time ago and hated the mailboxes text file.  It got huge, corrupted
and was a pain.  How does UW's IMAP store the users email/keep track of the users IMAP folders?

Thanks,
  -Allan

<- Allan Rafuse ->
Systems Administrator
Freeview Publishing Inc.
email: [email-masked]
web: http://www.freeview.com

-- 
------------------------------------------------------------------
 For information about this mailing list, and its archives, see: 
 http://www.washington.edu/imap/c-client-list.html
------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Mark Crispin <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2000 00:34:32 -0700 (PDT)

> Is it possible to run UW IMAP and Qpopper together with Mysql?

Source code to UW IMAP is available, so presumably you can duplicate what
you did in qpopper.  Look at routine checkpw() and the ckp_???.c files to
see what you need to do.

Note that every UW IMAP login must have a UNIX user ID.  The security
model depends upon it.

> I have used Cyrus before a long time ago and hated the mailboxes text
> file.  It got huge, corrupted and was a pain.  How does UW's IMAP
> store the users email/keep track of the users IMAP folders?

In its default mode UW IMAP uses ordinary UNIX mailbox files.  The INBOX
mailbox is in the spool directory, and the user's UNIX home directory is
used for non-INBOX mailboxes.

There are instructions in the documentation (imap-2000/docs/CONFIG) for
how you can use different defaults.