Subject: No Plaintext Login available after build with ssl and plaintext

From: User Andrew <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2004 09:21:47 +1000 (EST)

Hello all sorry this email will likely be mangled. No nice clients yet.
I installed cclient -DWITH_SSL_AND_PLAINTEXT then did the same for imap-uw
on a freebsd 4.9 but when i telnet i only get LOGIN presented as the AUTH
mechanism, anyone know where to start troubleshooting this? I have 
installed in exactly the same way on a freeBSD 4.10 OS a couple of times
and was amazed by the ease of installation and am supprised this one has
issues.

Kind Regards,

Andrew Firestone
-- 
------------------------------------------------------------------
 For information about this mailing list, and its archives, see: 
 http://www.washington.edu/imap/c-client-list.html
------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Mark Crispin <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2004 16:17:06 -0700 (PDT)

On Fri, 2 Jul 2004, User Andrew wrote:
> mechanism, anyone know where to start troubleshooting this?

Unfortunately, you seem to be working with a modified c-client and UW 
imapd, as opposed to the standard UW distribution; and the issues that you 
are having seem to be having are with those modifications.

If you like, you can get the unmodified UW distribution from:
 	ftp://ftp.cac.washington.edu/mail/imap.tar.Z
or, if you feel adventureous and want to run the latest "hot" code:
 	ftp://ftp.cac.washington.edu/mail/imap-2004a.DEV.tar.Z

-- Mark --

http://staff.washington.edu/mrc
Science does not emerge from voting, party politics, or public debate.
Si vis pacem, para bellum.