Subject: today's imap-4 toolkit

From: Mark Crispin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 1995 21:54:23 -0800 (PST)

Today's version of the imap-4 toolkit,
	ftp://ftp.cac.washington.edu/mail/imap-4.ALPHA.tar.Z
has a number of important changes.

Besides the usual batch of bugfixes, there is a new mail_scan() function
that uses a new extension to IMAP4 called SCAN.  SCAN is like LIST, only
it takes a fourth argument which is a string to scan for in the mailboxes.
Only those mailboxes which contain that string are returned by SCAN.

Also, there is an INCOMPATIBLE CHANGE to mm_login().  The first argument,
which was formerly a char* that held either the host name or mailbox name,
is now a NETMBX*.  Besides the change in what is in this argument, you
need to look at the new "user" member of the NETMBX struct, in order to
support /user= in the mailbox spec.  In other words, you can now open:
	{foo.bar/user=blurdybloop}garply
You need to copy the user member from the NETMBX to the returned user name
string.  Refer to the source code in mtest.c and/or ms.c to see more
details.

Coming soon:

A new program in imap-utils which will tell you whether or not you have
new mail on an IMAP server.

mail_sort() and support for a SORT extension in IMAP4.

-- Mark --

DoD #0105, R90/6 pilot, FAX: (206) 685-4045  ICBM: N 47 39'35" W 122 18'39"
Science does not emerge from voting, party politics, or public debate.