Subject: ANNOUNCING: UW IMAP toolkit 2002 release candidate 1

From: Mark Crispin <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2002 19:31:14 -0700 (Pacific Daylight Time)

This message is to announce the release of release candidate 1 of the
University of Washington's IMAP toolkit, version 2002 (imap-2002), on
	ftp://ftp.cac.washington.edu/mail/imap-2002.RC1.tar.Z

The imap.tar.Z link now points to this version, and imap-2001a has been
moved to the old/ directory.

imap-2002 will a major release.  The most notable new functionality for
end users:

1) A new program, called mailutil, is now bundled with the IMAP toolkit.
   mailutil replaces the old chkmail, imapcopy, imapmove, imapxfer,
   mbxcopy, mbxcreat, and mbxcvt programs.  mailutil has expanded
   functionality over the programs it replaces, most notably over
   imapxfer.

2) The dmail, tmail, and mlock programs from the imap-utils are now
   bundled with the IMAP toolkit.

3) IMAP server managers now have a much easier tool to use to limit
   access to remote mailboxes using the new restrictBox variable in
   env_unix.c.

4) The IMAP extension to BODYSTRUCTURE for the Content-Location header
   is now supported.

5) The FAQ has been expanded, and now is offered in HTML.

There are also numerous c-client library improvements of interest to
programmers, discussed in the RELNOTES.

Sites currently running older versions are encouraged to give imap-2002 a
try, and report any discovered problems to me.

-- Mark --

http://staff.washington.edu/mrc
Science does not emerge from voting, party politics, or public debate.

-- 
-----------------------------------------------------------------
 For information about this mailing list, and its archives, see: 
 http://www.washington.edu/imap/imap-list.html
-----------------------------------------------------------------