Subject: MIME PARTS

From: Gangadhar Mylapuram <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 00:56:40 -0700 (PDT)

Hi All,
 
Can any body know, how to give the part number for each body part in MIME formatted 
Email.
 
Gangadhar

---------------------------------
Do you Yahoo!?
The New Yahoo! Shopping - with improved product search

---

From: Mark Crispin <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 10:51:30 -0700 (PDT)

> Can any body know, how to give the part number for each body part in MIME formatted

c-client body part numbers are similar to IMAP (RFC 3501); however, in
c-client only the all-numeric forms are permitted (e.g. something like
4.3, 8, 7.9.12, etc.).  In other words, you have to use the specific
c-client fetching functions rather than such IMAP fields as 3.5.TEXT,
4.HEADER, 8.MIME, etc.

So, your next step is to refer to read RFC 3501.  Also, look at the mtest
program; there's a nice recursive routine in there that builds part
numbers from a BODY structure.

-- Mark --

http://staff.washington.edu/mrc
Science does not emerge from voting, party politics, or public debate.
Si vis pacem, para bellum.