Subject: UW-IMAPD announcement list

From: "Florian Effenberger" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2004 22:43:18 +0200

Hello,

is there any UW-IMAPD announcement list out there where you get notified of
new releases?

Thanks
Florian

-- 
------------------------------------------------------------------
 For information about this mailing list, and its archives, see: 
 http://www.washington.edu/imap/c-client-list.html
------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Mark Crispin <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2004 14:01:50 -0700 (PDT)

> is there any UW-IMAPD announcement list out there where you get notified of

Not specifically.  Typically, new releases of the UW IMAP toolkit are 
simultaneous with new releases of Pine, although development snapshots are 
made available for the benefit of people who want to drive in the fast 
lane.

So, if you are on the pine announcements list, you are effectively getting 
announcements of new IMAP toolkit versions.

-- Mark --

http://staff.washington.edu/mrc
Science does not emerge from voting, party politics, or public debate.
Si vis pacem, para bellum.

---

From: "Florian Effenberger" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2004 18:52:39 +0200

Hi Mark,

> announcements of new IMAP toolkit versions.

Sorry, but is IMAP toolkit the same as the UW IMAPD "server"?

Thanks
Florian

---

From: Mark Crispin <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2004 10:24:20 -0700 (PDT)

> Sorry, but is IMAP toolkit the same as the UW IMAPD "server"?

The IMAP toolkit is a distribution that includes the c-client library and 
several utility programs and servers, including UW imapd.

UW imapd is not distributed by itself; it requires the rest of the toolkit 
to build.

Although the IMAP toolkit is a separate distribution, it is also 
distributed as part of the Pine distribution.  There is normally no need 
to get the IMAP toolkit distribution if you already have the Pine 
distribution.

-- Mark --

---

From: "Florian Effenberger" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2004 19:56:08 +0200

Hi Mark,

thanks, I'll subscribe to pine-announce ;)

Florian