Subject: dmail to a shared mailbox

From: Calvin Hendryx-Parker <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2001 11:33:39 -0800 (PST)

Howdy,

Now that I think I am on the right list for this kind of question here
goes.  I have setup a imapshared user on my system and can read messages
that I copy there and I have figured out how to get messages to be
delivery there directly now.

I was having a problem that I have setup my system so that users email
boxes are stored under $HOME/mail and from these log messages it looked
like imapshared user was no different.

Nov 14 14:57:49 sdf1 dmail[76985]: delivery to /webhost/imapshared/mail/test unsafe: No such file or directory
Nov 14 14:57:49 sdf1 dmail[76985]: invalid mailbox name imapshared+test
Nov 14 14:57:49 sdf1 dmail[76985]: delivered to /var/mail/imapshared
Nov 14 14:57:49 sdf1 postfix/local[76982]: 2012EFFE1F: to=<[email-masked]>, relay=local, delay=2, status=sent ("|/usr/local/bin/procmail -a "$EXTENSION"")

So I added the ~imapshared/mail directory and now mail is delivered
correctly with dmail, but when I access it though an IMAP client i have to
drill through an extra mail directory so the message is actully put into
#shared/mail/test instead of #shared/test.

I also want to create new mailboxes with mbxcreat.  Logged in as myself I
tried making a new mailbox under shared like this mbxcreat #shared/test2
and it creates it under the ~imapshared directory and not in the
~imapshared/mail directory like it does when I create one for myself.  Did
I miss something in the building of imapd that is causing this?  I don't
mind having imapshared's mailboxes under ~imapshared/mail, but I would
like the behavior to be consistant.

Thanks,
Calvin

-- 
------------------------------------------------------------------
 For information about this mailing list, and its archives, see: 
 http://www.washington.edu/imap/c-client-list.html
------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Tom Samplonius <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2001 17:30:45 -0800 (PST)

> Nov 14 14:57:49 sdf1 postfix/local[76982]: 2012EFFE1F: to=<[email-masked]>, relay=local, delay=2, status=sent ("|/usr/local/bin/procmail -a "$EXTENSION"")

  Running Dmail and Postfix+Procmail on the same system is likely to cause
conflicts.  What MTA do you want to use?

Tom

---

From: Calvin Hendryx-Parker <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2001 12:46:25 -0800

>conflicts.  What MTA do you want to use?
I want to use Procmail as the MDA and Postfix as the MTA.  From the 
dmail man page it seems as it is made for use with procmail.  Seems like 
Postfix would be abstracted from the whole bit since it hands the 
message off to procmail for the delivery.

Seems to me like imapd should obey the c-client settings of the 
mailsubdir and make sure that you have to have a ~imapshared/mail 
directory for the delivery just like any other user on the system. 
 Seems like more trouble to make the other tools like dmail follow these 
few exceptions like the #shared and #public namespace.

Calvin