Subject: Can't see to get conection to POP3 server on RH9

From: David Morris <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2004 00:43:38 -0700 (PDT)

I used 'make lrh' to compile the imap tools but I'm obviously missing a
key step since neither telnet attempts nor outlook express can connect.

It seems like I'm missing an authorization mechanism based on the messages
I get when I attempt a telnet connection:

  -bash-2.05b$ telnet localhost 110
  Trying 127.0.0.1...
  Connected to localhost.
  Escape character is '^]'.
  +OK POP3 localhost.xpasc.com 2004.88 server ready
  user dwm
  -ERR Unknown AUTHORIZATION state command
  auth
  +OK Supported authentication mechanisms:
  .

Including the empty list of supported mechanisms ... but I can't seem to
find directions on how to populate this list.

Thanks,

   Dave Morris

-- 
------------------------------------------------------------------
 For information about this mailing list, and its archives, see: 
 http://www.washington.edu/imap/c-client-list.html
------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: David Morris <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2004 16:46:54 -0700 (PDT)

I kept digging and in the docs/sslbuild document found that adding
SSLTYPE=unix to the make command allows for the weak login password
situation traditional to pop3 servers.

Dave Morris