Subject: [Imap-uw] Re: [Imap-protocol] UWImap / True64 / Existing Accounts Question

From: Mark Crispin <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2006 14:12:39 -0800 (PST)

Hello Ron -

For future reference, usage questions about the UW IMAP software should go 
to the imap-uw (and/or imap-use) list instead of the imap-protocol list. 
I'm redirecting this thread there.

How did you build the software ("make osf", "make sos", "make os4")?

The "make os4" build uses the SIA calls (sia_validate_user() and 
sia_become_user()).  This SIA code was supplied to us by Digital/Compaq 
several years ago, but we never got it to work right for us.  I also have 
received reports from other sites saying that the os4 build's usage of 
sia_become_user() causes the user not to get proper file access and the 
job can't be killed.  However, Digital/Compaq insisted that the SIA 
support code was correct.

Back when we still used that operating system, we always used "make sos", 
which uses the SecureWare getespwnam() call instead.  We still have a 
couple of Tru64 systems for testing, but we've pretty much abandoned it in 
favor of Linux (let's just say that we had some problems with AdvFS).

So, if you used the "make os4" build, try the "make sos" build and see if 
that resolves your problem.

On Wed, 22 Feb 2006, Ron Hartman wrote:
> We recently installed UW Imap via the True64 Internet Express installation 
> application.  All appears to be working exceptionally well except for one 
> thing:
> Accounts that existed on our server prior to the install will not 
> authenticate.  Any new accounts that are created authenticate just fine.  My 
> assumption is that I have to run some type of script to modify / create 
> something on the accounts that are not working  -  but I've been unable to 
> get it figured out.

-- Mark --

http://panda.com/mrc
Democracy is two wolves and a sheep deciding what to eat for lunch.
Liberty is a well-armed sheep contesting the vote.
_______________________________________________
Imap-uw mailing list
[email-masked]
https://mailman1.u.washington.edu/mailman/listinfo/imap-uw