Subject: Pine 4.20 and IMAP

From: Ryan Shugart <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 1999 23:33:12 -0800 (PST)

Hi
I've posted this to the newsgroup a while ago, but have not gotten any 
replies at all, so thought I'd post this here.  I'm running PcPine on a 
PII Windows 95 machine.  I recently upgraded from Pine 4.10 to 4.20.  
When I did the upgrade, I simply unzipped the new file right over my pine 
dirrectory, allowing it to overwrite files.  I did not change such file 
as pinerc or the like.  When I ran Pine, I got the new welcome message, 
sent the anonymous e-mail, and then was presented with a very strange 
error message when trying to login to the IMAP server.  
Security problem: insecure server advertises auth=plane.  Authentication 
canseled.  No folder open.  
I have been running various versions of PCPine on this imap server for 
several months now and have never had a problem up until now.  Also when 
I went back to Pine 4.10 everything worked fine again.  Is this a known 
bug in Pine 4.20, or did I not configure something properly?  If it is a 
configuration problem what needs to be changed?  The Imap server in 
question is running PMDF V5.230.4.  The address is du.edu.
Thanks for any help.
Ryan

-- 
-----------------------------------------------------------------
 For information about this mailing list, and its archives, see: 
 http://www.washington.edu/pine/pine-info/
-----------------------------------------------------------------