Subject: PC Pine problems

From: Shiv Kumar <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 1999 18:01:31 +0530

Hi all

I was trying to use PC-Pine 4.20 as my pop3 email client to Yahoo!'s
pop3 server. Yahoo! provides a Delivery service by which you can access
yahoo mails from your local pop3 client. I configured pine to use the
Yahoo server as follows :

     {pop.mail.yahoo.com/user=userName/pop3}INBOX

and restarted pine. It never contacts the server. It keeps waiting for a
long time. I am able to ping to pop.mail.yahoo.com from DOS prompt.
After long time it asked whether the connection to server should be
broken. If I say yes, it gives a Illegal Access Violation dialog and the
program terminates.

I have stopped using pine for these reasons although I would like to
continue using it if these problems are solved.

--
shiv

__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Bid and sell for free at http://auctions.yahoo.com

---

From: James Frye <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 13 Nov 1999 07:22:01 -0800 (PST)

>      {pop.mail.yahoo.com/user=userName/pop3}INBOX

Shouldn't it be {address/pop3/user=username}INBOX?

James