Subject: Activating URLs in my emails

From: "Bryan K. Walton" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 1999 09:25:18 -0600 (CST)

I have enabled message-view URLs in my Pine Setup.  Now, when a URL comes
across in an email to me and I click on it, I get the following message:

"No URL-Viewer application defined!  Define now?" 

If I say yes, it says:

"Web Browser:"

Is there a way to point my Pine session to the Netscape browser on my hard
drive?  I typed in the address C:\Program Files\Netscape\ . . . (the rest
of the address for my browser) and it didn't work.  Is there a way to get
this to work?

Thanks,
Bryan Walton

***********************************************************************
Bryan K. Walton
Network Operations Center Analyst
Berbee Information Networks Corporation
5520 Research Park Drive
Madison, Wisconsin 53711
Phone: 608.288.3000
E-Mail: [email-masked]

-- 
-----------------------------------------------------------------
 For information about this mailing list, and its archives, see: 
 http://www.washington.edu/pine/pine-info/
-----------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Bobby Ezell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 1999 09:39:10 -0800 (PST)

Which PINE are you using? If you are running UNIX Pine then you can set up
a small script to start the URL on the Windows machine (provided your
telnet emulation can pass this info, most telnet products have some means
of sending a file name or a string to the PC and then starting it through
its own macro and hence starting the browser by file type/extension).

Within my Pine I defined a one line "start" script that can access the
URL automatically. The telnet I use, AnzioWin, allows this to take place
with a simple shell string:  
	echo -e "\034winstart $1\035"
Other telnet apps have similar ways of doing this usually.

If you are using PC-Pine it should be almost as simple. In the system
config try setting the URL viewer to "start " (I think this will work).

> of the address for my browser) and it didn't work.  Is there a way to get

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Bobby Ezell                           E-Mail:  [email-masked]      
Technical Sales Support               V-Mail:  503-624-0360 (voice)       
Rasmussen Software, Inc.              F-Mail:  503-624-0760 (fax)       
10240 SW Nimbus Ave., Ste L9          http://www.anzio.com 
Portland, OR 97223                    http://www.anzio.com/~bezell   
-------------------------------------------------------------------
        AnzioLite and AnzioWin for all your telnet needs
       Send sales & support questions to:  [email-masked]
-------------------------------------------------------------------
The information contained in this mail is confidential and intended
for the end-users use only.
===================================================================