Subject: Address book problems on IMAP server

From: "Christopher F. Martin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 1999 09:25:40 -0500 (Eastern Standard Time)

I am having major problems with my address book--can't edit it--any help
will be appreciated.

I have been using PC-Pine 4.05 on a PII-Win95 machine with an IMAP server
for well over a year. I have 2 "local" address books, one on the IMAP
server, one on the PC. The PC addressbook is OK, but I am unable to edit
or add to the IMAP book. I get the following messages whenever I attempt
to edit or add to the IMAP server book:

[Remote addrbook changed, aborting our change to avoid damage...]
[Resetting address book...]

I tried creating a new address book on the IMAP server, using
AddressBook|Add. I entered the following:

Server Name: imap.med.unc.edu
Folder Name: Addr
Nick Name  : Test

Pine processes this request but the first time I try to open this new
address book, I get:
[Open by another process, access is read only]

and I can't edit it. It doesn't matter whether I enter the name of an
existing or new folder on the server. 

BTW, for many months I used and edited the server address book, and in
fact had not even used a local (PC-file) book. However, in Sept Pine
crashed after running out of INBOX space on server. To fix this, I deleted
(accidentally) my INBOX on the IMAP server, then created a new empty one.
Currently, I move read msgs into a PC file so IMAP INBOX will not get too
large again. The address book problem began after this crash.

Chris Martin
UNC Chapel Hill

-- 
-----------------------------------------------------------------
 For information about this mailing list, and its archives, see: 
 http://www.washington.edu/pine/pine-info/
-----------------------------------------------------------------