Subject: Maybe a bug?

From: Thomas Davidson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 1999 12:21:06 -0500 (EST)

I think that I may have found a bug with PINE (but I may just may not have
something configured correctly).

I am currently using PINE 3.95 on a UNIX shell, which I am accessing
through a telnet connection.  I am using the standard telnet client for
Windows 95 (I am using a library connection, so I cannot choose which
software I use to access my e-mail.  I would prefer a direct dial
connection with PC-PINE, or something similar).  I have my client set up
with the following configuration: VT-100 Arrows: yes; Emulation: VT-100.

The problem is with the ^^ command (or CTRL-^).  It seems to lock up my
connection.  I can't do anything.  I can't type, mark (which is what the
command is supposed to do), delete, or anything.  It doesn't accept any
commands at all.  I have to do a hard disconnect, which leaves me with an
open login.  Then (because of the way the server is set up) I can't login
again for another hour and a half.

This command *did* work in previous editions of PINE (3.92 is the latest
version that I recall trying it), but I lost my e-mail account back then,
and can't remember how I had everything configured.

Any help that anyone can give would be greatly appreciated.

Tom Davidson
[email-masked]

-- 
-----------------------------------------------------------------
 For information about this mailing list, and its archives, see: 
 http://www.washington.edu/pine/pine-info/
-----------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: "H. Bork" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 1999 18:34:29 -0200 (GMT+2)

Hello, 
	is there a pine for AIX ?
TIA and kind regards, hal ;-)
----------------------------------------------------------
                                               [email-masked]

---

From: Scott Leibrand <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 1999 10:26:07 -0800 (PST)

Yes.  There is a precompiled binary available at ftp.cac.washington.edu
for AIX 4.2.  If you have a different version, you can get the source from
ftp.cac and compile it yourself.

-- 
Scott Leibrand
[email-masked]
http://students.washington.edu/leibrand
* RCW 19.190 notice: This email address is located in Washington State. *
* Unsolicited commercial email may be billed $500 per message.          *