Subject: address book not editable

From: "Christopher F. Martin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 1999 18:27:40 -0500 (Eastern Standard Time)

I am having major problems with my address book, any help appreciated.

I am using PC-Pine 4.05 on a PII-Win95 machine, with an IMAP server. I
have 2 "local" address books, one on the IMAP server, one on PC. The PC
addressbook is OK, but I am unable to edit or add to the IMAP book. I get
the following messages when I attempt to edit or add to the IMAP server
book:

[Remote addrbook changed, aborting our change to avoid damage...]
[Resetting address book...]

I tried creating a new address book on the IMAP server, using
AddressBook|Add. I enter the following:

Server Name: imap.med.unc.edu
Folder Name: Addr
Nick Name  : Test

It processes this but the first time I try to open it, I get:
[Open by another process, access is read only]

and I can't edit it. It doesn't matter whether I enter the name of an
existing or new folder on the server. 

BTW, I have been using same PC-Pine install with same server for some
months with NO address book problems. However, in Sept, I crashed when
running out of INBOX space on server. My fix for this was to put read msgs
into a PC file so INBOX would not get large. Problem appeared after this
crash, the fix for which was to delete my INBOX file on server and create
a new empty one.

Chris Martin
UNC School of Medicine

-- 
-----------------------------------------------------------------
 For information about this mailing list, and its archives, see: 
 http://www.washington.edu/pine/pine-info/
-----------------------------------------------------------------