Subject: Cons25 & 4.20

From: Kim Scarborough <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 1999 14:28:09 -0600 (CST)

Something seems to have gone goofy with pine 4.20's support of cons25
termtype. When I run it in a text-mode console window, it seems to be
drawing too many lines or something. When I go up and down in the main
menu, for instance, it redraws the lines one line above where they should
be, so the screen is quickly filled up with garbage. Doesn't seem to
affect the composer window, though. 4.10 works fine. I'm using FreeBSD
3.2.

-- 
-----------------------------------------------------------------
 For information about this mailing list, and its archives, see: 
 http://www.washington.edu/pine/pine-info/
-----------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: "Eduardo Chappa L." <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 1999 12:41:27 -0800 (PST)

*** Kim Scarborough ([email-masked]) wrote Today:

:) Something seems to have gone goofy with pine 4.20's support of cons25
:) termtype. When I run it in a text-mode console window, it seems to be
:) drawing too many lines or something. When I go up and down in the main
:) menu, for instance, it redraws the lines one line above where they should
:) be, so the screen is quickly filled up with garbage. Doesn't seem to
:) affect the composer window, though. 4.10 works fine. I'm using FreeBSD
:) 3.2.

This may be due to the color support of pine. I had the same problem in
another terminal and that was the solution. If you are ever going to use
color support, in order to disable it for your session you should start
pine as:

pine -color-style=no-color

or if you want it to be permanent you can 

either

(a) edit your .pinerc file and make sure that the variable "color-style="
is defined to be no-color

or

(b) press M S K and select the non-colors option.

 I hope that works for you. Have a nice day.

Eduardo
http://www.math.washington.edu/~chappa/pine/

---

From: Kim Scarborough <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 1999 11:44:05 -0600 (CST)

> color support, in order to disable it for your session you should start

Well, uh, but... I *want* the colors in cons25. Is there some reason
console terminals can't support colors? I compiled lynx with color support
annd it works... I guess my original mail was really more of a bug report
than a "what should I do" question. Thanks for your help, though. Maybe
it's fixed in 4.21; I'm going to install it now.

---

From: Kim Scarborough <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 1999 23:25:35 -0600 (CST)

> it's fixed in 4.21; I'm going to install it now.

Nope, same thing's happening. 4.21 works okay other than that,
though... should I send a bug report, or does this list count?