Subject: text/plain

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 1999 14:38:33 -0800 (PST)

This was one of the points in a message I sent here within the past few
weeks, and today I received a message from the lynx mailing list that
shows the point more directly.

I got a letter that contains ONLY a text/plain part, and yet I still have to
hit v<return> to view the message, since it tells me it's not shown 
in the main part.

Is there no way to get the text/plain part shown automatically (instead of
the text/html)?   Or even as a workaround show it only when it's the only
part.

-- 
-----------------------------------------------------------------
 For information about this mailing list, and its archives, see: 
 http://www.washington.edu/pine/pine-info/
-----------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: "Eduardo Chappa L." <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 1999 14:59:03 -0800 (PST)

*** [email-masked] ([email-masked]) wrote Today:

:) 
:) This was one of the points in a message I sent here within the past few
:) weeks, and today I received a message from the lynx mailing list that
:) shows the point more directly.
:) 
:) I got a letter that contains ONLY a text/plain part, and yet I still have to
:) hit v<return> to view the message, since it tells me it's not shown 
:) in the main part.
:) 
:) Is there no way to get the text/plain part shown automatically (instead of
:) the text/html)?   Or even as a workaround show it only when it's the only
:) part.

The problem is due to the fact that the header Content-Transfer-Encoding
of the message is set to x-unknown, if you manually change it to 7bit
you'll not have any problem reading it. I do not know if there can be a
fix within pine for this problem.

Eduardo
http://www.math.washington.edu/~chappa/pine/