Subject: highlighting URLs

From: Barry Landy <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 1999 13:46:27 +0000 (GMT)

I wondered why I was unable to get my URLs highlighted (and so I
couldn't follow them automatically).

I asked a question of someone I thought could help, and he did! The
answer is that the character set has to be US-ASCII. My normal character
is/was ISO-8859-1.

This does seem an unreasonable restriction.

-- 
Barry Landy                        Computer Laboratory:+44 1223 334600
                                   Direct line:        +44 1223 334713
University of Cambridge Computing Service
New Museums Site                   Email:[email-masked]
Pembroke Street, Cambridge CB2 3QG

-- 
-----------------------------------------------------------------
 For information about this mailing list, and its archives, see: 
 http://www.washington.edu/pine/pine-info/
-----------------------------------------------------------------