Subject: UUCP-style address doesn't accepted by pine 4.05

From: der <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 13 Nov 1999 20:09:23 +0300 (MSK)

Hello !

I'm using FreeBSD 2.2.8 and pine 4.05. The problem is, that i have a UUCP link
from my home (sendmail configured to relay ALL mail to university host via
UUCP), and it works cool - i can send the mail to any address in standart
notation:

[email-masked]. 

But when i receive the mail, all addreses in here (and return address to) was
in UUCP notation:

my_relay_host!host.domain!username

If i answer via standart freebsd mail, the address to reply stay in UUCP
notation without changes (and it delivers normally), but then i answer via
pine, it adds to the end of the addres my domain:

my_relay_host!host.domain!username@my_domain

and such addres can't be resolved at all. If i set domain to <No Value>
it adds localhost instead:

my_relay_host!host.domain!username@localhost

I can't find the way to switch off such feature. Of course, i can search the
sources and correct this, but may be somebody know the standart way to do so ?
In the archive of this mailing list was only six messages regarding UUCP, and
no one for my problem. May be, UUCP usage went down ?

P.S. Sorry for my poor English.
---------------
Alex Derevyanko.

-- 
-----------------------------------------------------------------
 For information about this mailing list, and its archives, see: 
 http://www.washington.edu/pine/pine-info/
-----------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Scott Leibrand <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 13 Nov 1999 10:01:31 -0800 (PST)

Check out:

                           OPTION: Use-Only-Domain-Name

This option is used only if the "user-domain" option is not set. If set to
"Yes" (and user-domain is not used), then Pine strips the hostname from
your return ("From") address and when completing unqualified addresses
that you enter into the composer.

If you set this, see also the "quell-user-lookup-in-passwd-file" feature.

 *  Finding more information and requesting help

<End of help on this topic>

It's in (M)ain, (S)etup, (C)onfig, near the bottom of the list.

-- 
Scott Leibrand
[email-masked]
http://students.washington.edu/leibrand
* RCW 19.190 notice: This email address is located in Washington State. *
* Unsolicited commercial email may be billed $500 per message.          *

---

From: Steve Hubert <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 1999 10:05:44 -0800 (PST)

Pine only deals in standard Internet addresses, so the @domain part is
needed. I think the way to fix this is to make your FreeBSD sendmail
program recognize addresses like a!b!user@mydomain and have it strip
mydomain and send it. A standard sendmail config should do that. That
would make the uucp addresses accessible from anywhere on the Internet,
too.

-- 
Steve Hubert <[email-masked]>
Networks and Distributed Computing, Univ. of Washington, Seattle