Subject: [Error: Formatting error: Non-hexadecimal character in QP encoding] (fwd)

From: Johann Spies <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 1999 07:29:43 +0200 (SAST)

I get the error mentioned in the subject line when I want to read or save
a html-attachment from a local electronic newspaper.

Mutt does not give the same problem on the same document.

In the documentation I read

ENCODE_FROMS
          Use Quoted-printable encoding so that From's at the beginning
          of lines don't end up being escaped by >'s. Most people seem to
          dislike the Q-P encoding more than the > escapes so this is off
          by default. Once everyone has MIME mail readers, we'll turn
          this on by default.

Does this have something to do with the error message I get?  How can I
correct it?

I tried out both pine 3.96 and 4.20 and both gave the same problem.

I hope you can help me.  I like pine, but if I will not be able to solve
this one I will have to reconsider.

With 4.20 I have a second problem. The 'H'-key to toggle full headers is
not working.  Does anybody else have the same problem?

Johann
 --------------------------------------------------------------------------
| Johann Spies,Windsorlaan 19, Pietermaritzburg, 3201, South Africa        |
| [email-masked] Tel/Faks 033-346-1310 Sel/Cell 082-255-2388      |
 --------------------------------------------------------------------------

     "Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, 
      and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom 
      is no variableness, neither shadow of turning."       
                                   James 1:17 

-- 
-----------------------------------------------------------------
 For information about this mailing list, and its archives, see: 
 http://www.washington.edu/pine/pine-info/
-----------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Scott Leibrand <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 1999 21:57:08 -0800 (PST)

> not working.  Does anybody else have the same problem?

Looks like a configuration option isn't set:

                        FEATURE: enable-full-header-cmd

This feature enables the "H Full Headers" command which toggles between
the display of all headers in the message and the normal edited view of
headers. The Full Header command also controls which headers are included
for Export, Pipe, Print, Forward, and Reply functions. (For Reply, the
Full Header mode will respect the "include-headers-in-reply" feature
setting.)

 *  Finding more information and requesting help

<End of help on this topic>

-- 
Scott Leibrand
[email-masked]
http://students.washington.edu/leibrand