Subject: SMTP && local delivery

From: Steve Salazar <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 1999 19:03:01 -0800 (PST)

I'm trying to set up pine to deliver mail locally on my own 3 computer
network at home and via the UW SMTP server.  I know I should just send
mail directly but many servers now are rejecting mail that doesn't come
from a registered domain.  Anyway it actually works already by just
listing my own localhost.localdomain along with the UW SMTP server, but
this doesn't seem like the right way to do this.  Anyone have any
suggestions.  I'm guessing the answer has something to do with sendmail
handling the UW SMTP stuff instead of pine but I have no idea of how to do
that.  I'm pretty new to linux/unix.

Also another problem is that since I'm using a dialup account, obviously I
can only deliver nonlocal mail when I'm connected.  If I try to send mail
while offline, I get a mail delivery failure message.  Is there some
kind of 'outbox' feature in pine that will hold undeliverable messages
until such a time as the domain name can be resolved??

Thanks

-- 
-----------------------------------------------------------------
 For information about this mailing list, and its archives, see: 
 http://www.washington.edu/pine/pine-info/
-----------------------------------------------------------------