Subject: Problem/Bug?: 4.21 by-recipient fcc fails if folder exists.

From: jan grant <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 1999 10:48:30 +0000

I'm running Pine 4.21 against the SMS Imap server

( * CAPABILITY IMAP4 IMAP4rev1 ACL QUOTA LITERAL+ OPTIMIZE-1
X-NON-HIERARCHICAL-RENAME X-NO-ATOMIC-RENAME                )

and I'm running into the following problem when fcc-name-rule is
by-recipient.

If I compose an email to a user without a corresponding folder, I'm
prompted that the folder doesn't exist. I can create it, and the fcc
works.

If I then send a second email to that use, I'm again prompted that the
folder doesn't exist, but when I ask to create it I get an error (folder
already exists).

-From pine -d imap=4: (first time, unimportant bits elided)

  ---- COMPOSER ----
[General preamble goes here]

IMAP DEBUG 09:32:49 11/24: 0000000e LIST "" Inbox.jan
IMAP DEBUG 09:32:49 11/24: 0000000e OK Completed
Want_to read: RETURN (13)
IMAP DEBUG 09:32:49 11/24: 0000000f Create Inbox.jan
IMAP DEBUG 09:32:50 11/24: 0000000f OK Completed
IMAP 09:32:50 11/24 mm_log babble: Completed
Opened SMTP server "outgoing-smtp.blah.blah.blah"
done.
IMAP DEBUG 09:32:50 11/24: 00000010 APPEND Inbox.jan {403}
IMAP DEBUG 09:32:50 11/24: + go ahead
IMAP DEBUG 09:32:50 11/24:
IMAP DEBUG 09:32:50 11/24: 00000010 OK [APPENDUID 943435970 1] Completed
IMAP mm_notify NIL : {localhost:143/imap/user="jan"}inbox (inboxstream)
: [APPENDUID 943435970 1] Completed
=== folder_screen called ====

And the second time around:

  ---- COMPOSER ----
[preamble deleted]
IMAP DEBUG 09:32:59 11/24: 00000012 LIST "" Inbox.jan
IMAP DEBUG 09:32:59 11/24: * LIST () "." Inbox.jan
mm_list "{localhost}Inbox.jan": delim: '.',
IMAP DEBUG 09:32:59 11/24: 00000012 OK Completed
Want_to read: RETURN (13)
IMAP DEBUG 09:33:00 11/24: 00000013 Create Inbox.jan
IMAP DEBUG 09:33:00 11/24: * 7 EXISTS
=== mm_exists(7,{localhost:143/imap/user="jan"}inbox) called ===
IMAP DEBUG 09:33:00 11/24: * 1 RECENT
IMAP DEBUG 09:33:00 11/24: 00000013 NO Mailbox already exists
IMAP 09:33:00 11/24 mm_log ERROR: Mailbox already exists

What gives?

Any help would be appreciated. It looks like Pine isn't recognising
Inbox.jan as a valid folder.

jan	
-- 
jan grant, ILRT, University of Bristol. http://www.ilrt.bris.ac.uk/
Tel +44(0)117 9287163 Fax +44 (0)117 9287112 RFC822 [email-masked]
Unfortunately, I have a very good idea of how fast my keys are moving.
-- 
-----------------------------------------------------------------
 For information about this mailing list, and its archives, see: 
 http://www.washington.edu/pine/pine-info/
-----------------------------------------------------------------