Subject: Pine Bug? (fwd)

From: "Joseph R. Erlewein" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 1999 10:54:00 -0500 (EST)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 1999 10:49:20 -0500 (EST)
From: Joseph R. Erlewein <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Pine Bug?

Here is what pine does from the main menu when I type "l" to go to the
list of folders:
  PINE 4.20   MAIN MENU                             Folder: INBOX  No Messages

       ?     HELP               -  Get help using Pine

       C     COMPOSE MESSAGE    -  Compose and send/post a message

       I     MESSAGE INDEX      -  View messages in current folder

       L     FOLDER LIST        -  Select a folder OR news group to view

       A     ADDRESS BOOK       -  Update address book

       S     SETUP              -  Configure Pine Options

       Q     QUIT               -  Leave the Pine program

   Copyright 1989-1999.  PINE is a trademark of the University of Washington.
                     [Formatting scroll text |----50%   |]
? Help                     P PrevCmd                 R RelNotes
O OTHER CMDS > [ListFldrs] N NextCmd                 K KBLock

And there it sits indefinately, until I disconnect my telnet session. 
^C doesn't work. What is formatting scroll text, and why does it do
this and hang up when I want to access my folder list?

In order to see my folders, I have to run the old version of pine
which doesn't do this scroll text thing---

-- 

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Joseph R. Erlewein, N8OUZ       --       http://www.qsl.net/n8ouz
Head ResNet Student Consultant     -    http://www.resnet.mtu.edu
President, Husky Amateur Radio Club.    -     http://w8yy.mtu.edu
-----------------------------------------------------------------

-- 
-----------------------------------------------------------------
 For information about this mailing list, and its archives, see: 
 http://www.washington.edu/pine/pine-info/
-----------------------------------------------------------------