Subject: Automated Bouncing.

From: "S. Ganeshkumar" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 May 1999 06:41:43 +0700 (GMT+0700)

Hi,

I'm using Pine 4.10, accessed thru' telnet.

Sorry if this has been asked before, I want to bounce a mail 2 times to
the same person. But when I create a list with 2 times his address and use
that to bounce, it sends only once. Is there any way that I can do this,
may be through a script?

Since I have to do this on a regular basis, it would be nice to have
some mechanism that does this for me without too much of effort.

Any help would be higly appriciated.         

Ganesh

-- 
-----------------------------------------------------------------
 For information about this mailing list, and its archives, see: 
 http://www.washington.edu/pine/pine-info/
-----------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Jessica Rasku <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 May 1999 16:59:06 -0700 (PDT)

> that to bounce, it sends only once. Is there any way that I can do this,

	This would not be a ``usefull'' Pine function.  May I ask why you
would want to send the same mail to someone twice?  I can think of reasons
for doing this (have done it myself), but I'm not so sure that it really
is a good idea, unless it is expected by the poster.  

> some mechanism that does this for me without too much of effort.

	1) it is fairly easy to do a bounce, and do it twice.  Certianly a
duplication, but well, why would you want to do it in the first place?
	2) it is possible you can do it through a shell script of some
sort.  But, your SMTP server may have a problem unless it is two seperate
messages which it sees as two seperate messages.  

							Jessica

-- 
Jessica Rasku, Box 270, Rossland, B.C., V0G 1Y0, (250) 362-5701, 
LinuxBox: (250) 362-9668.

List manager: [email-masked] 
     send command help ---- To get help with majordomo
               or lists ---- To get a list of all lists on server.

WWW: <http://www.geocities.com/RainForest/Andes/8749>