Subject: Date substitution in signature

From: Majid Tajamolian <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 9 May 1999 17:09:13 +0430 (IDT)

Dear LIST:
I am using Pine 4.10 on Linux 2.0.30. I have a ".signature" file with the
following contents:

   M. Tajamolian
   _longdate_

But I find out that Pine substitutes the _longdate_ phrase only when I
replying a mail, no for from scratch composed mails. What is the source of
this problem? Can anyone help me?

-- THX in advance,
   M. Tajamolian

-- 
-----------------------------------------------------------------
 For information about this mailing list, and its archives, see: 
 http://www.washington.edu/pine/pine-info/
-----------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Steve Hubert <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 May 1999 09:30:46 -0700 (PDT)

The token _longdate_ refers to the date of the message you are replying
to, not the current date. You probably want to use _curdate_ instead.

-- 
Steve Hubert <[email-masked]>
Networks and Distributed Computing, Univ. of Washington, Seattle