Subject: minor status msg bug

From: Nancy McGough <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 May 1999 08:43:09 -0400 (EDT)

When I type U in the message index or while viewing a message, I get
this status message:

  [Deletion mark removed, message won't be deleted]

whether there's a deletion mark or not. This just happened to me while
I was viewing a message and it was disconcerting because it was a
message that I would have been upset about if it had been marked for
deletion. I went out to the index to see if I had accidentally marked
some other messages for deletion too. So, my request is that if
someone types U and a message is not marked for deletion, Pine
produces a status message like this:

 [Message not marked for deletion; no action taken]

Thanks,
Nancy

-- 
For Pine info & links, see www.ii.com/internet/messaging/pine/
 
©Nancy McGough          http://www.ii.com          Infinite Ink
--= Sent via PINE: Power Internet News & Email for Win/Unix =--

-- 
-----------------------------------------------------------------
 For information about this mailing list, and its archives, see: 
 http://www.washington.edu/pine/pine-info/
-----------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Dennis Gurgul <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 May 1999 09:12:58 -0400 (EDT)

When I do it it says this:

                 [Can't undelete a message that isn't deleted]

Dennis J. Gurgul
Helix Server Management
617.724.3169

---

From: Edward M Greshko <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 May 1999 21:48:47 +0800 (GMT)

>                  [Can't undelete a message that isn't deleted]

You are running Pine3.95.  Nancy is running Pine4.10.

Yes, bring back the 3.95 behaviour.

Ed

---

From: Kevin Ying <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 May 1999 09:55:59 +0900 (JST)

> Yes, bring back the 3.95 behaviour.
Ah, I'm not the only one who noticed this... slightly disconcerting and
not a show stopper but it would be nice if it reported the right status.

---

From: Jessica Rasku <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 May 1999 21:30:57 -0700 (PDT)

>                  [Can't undelete a message that isn't deleted]

	This seems to be a change that has happened between 3.95, and
4.05...

							Jessica

-- 
Jessica Rasku, Box 270, Rossland, B.C., V0G 1Y0, (250) 362-5701, 
LinuxBox: (250) 362-9668.

List manager: [email-masked] 
     send command help ---- To get help with majordomo
               or lists ---- To get a list of all lists on server.

WWW: <http://www.geocities.com/RainForest/Andes/8749>