Subject: Mailbox vulnerable (what is meaning?!)

From: Majid Tajamolian <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 9 May 1999 17:21:47 +0430 (IDT)

Dear LIST:
I am using Pine 4.10 on Linux 2.0.30 and my INBOX is defined as follows in
the ".pinerc" file:

inbox-path={peik:143/user=majid}INBOX

Peik is our IMAP server and I had not any problems with it till our
administrator upgraded the Peik machine to Linux version 2.0.34 (RedHat
5.1). Since that upgrade, I receive the following error message from Pine
while trying open my INBOX at the Peik machine:

 Mailbox vulnerable - error

What is meaning of "Mailbox vulnerable"? What is source of this problem?
Any Help?!

-- THX in advance,
   M. Tajamolian

-- 
-----------------------------------------------------------------
 For information about this mailing list, and its archives, see: 
 http://www.washington.edu/pine/pine-info/
-----------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Majid Tajamolian <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 May 1999 12:17:53 +0430 (IDT)

Dear Joe:
THX a lot for your guide. OK, it had 660 permissions and the problem was
overcomed when I changed it to 600. But a question: Is it a true behavior?
Why PINE is sesitive to the group permissions while the group id of
mailbox files is "mail" which is a system related and predefined group. I
tested them and saw that only owner of mailbox had access to it at the
following case:

-rw-rw----   1 majid    mail            0 May 10 12:02 majid

Is it a bug in PINE or ...?!

-- Cheers,
   M. Tajamolian
   May 10, 1999

On Mon, 10 May 1999, Joe H wrote:

> Check the permissions on your mailbox (INBOX=) /var/spool/mail/majid
> and ensure that they are of type 600. If not, do a 
> 
> > chmod 600 /var/spool/mail/majid
> >
> 
> jOey
> 
> On Sun, 9 May 1999, Majid Tajamolian wrote:
> 
> > Dear LIST: