Subject: keeping full name in To: field

From: Mike Miller <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 May 1999 13:32:34 -0500 (CDT)

Here's a strange little quirk of Pine that seems to have been present at
least since 3.95.  Maybe there's already a box I can check to fix this,
but I don't know where it is.

If someone sends me a message with, for example, this:

From: [email-masked]

in the header and I reply to it, it will keep the same address and put it
in the To: field.  Good.  But if I move my cursor to the To: field, and
the individual is in my address book, it alters the To: field accordingly:

To: Tim Morgan <[email-masked]>

I *like* that and I want it to stay as it is when I fcc the message.  This
is the problem:  when the message is saved, the full name "Tim Morgan" in
this case, is deleted and only the address is saved in the header of the
fcc'd message.  (As shown below.)

Can't I make it keep the full name in the header?  Do I really have to
delete it and re-enter it?

Thanks,

Mike

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 6 May 1999 13:25:13 -0500 (CDT)
From: Mike Miller <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]

---

From: Steve Hubert <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 May 1999 10:18:11 -0700 (PDT)

Mike,
  Thanks for letting us know about this. It will be fixed in the next Pine
release. To work around the problem you don't quite have to delete it and
re-enter it, you just have to do something to the line. You could add and
delete a character (leaving it the same as before you added and deleted).

-- 
Steve Hubert <[email-masked]>
Networks and Distributed Computing, Univ. of Washington, Seattle

On Thu, 6 May 1999, Mike Miller wrote:

> [...]
>                  Good.  But if I move my cursor to the To: field, and