Subject: Re[2]: Mailbox vulnerable (what is meaning?!)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 10 May 1999 10:47:20 +0000

Is there a way to stop pine complaining about IMAP directory 
     permissions?  I don't want to change the permissions (since they are 
     correct from the sys end and several programs use those directories) 
     but I don't want my IMAP users being misled by pc-pine into thinking 
     there's a security problem.
     
     thanks,
     Nick

-- 
-----------------------------------------------------------------
 For information about this mailing list, and its archives, see: 
 http://www.washington.edu/pine/pine-info/
-----------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Jessica Rasku <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 May 1999 17:36:44 -0700 (PDT)

>      there's a security problem.

	I thought that the correct permissions for the directory were
1777, someone just said that 600 is correct.  Am I confused, or are we
talking about diffrent things?  Would changing the permissions to satisfy
Pine cause any problems with anything else on the system thinking that the
permissions were not right?

							Jessica

-- 
Jessica Rasku, Box 270, Rossland, B.C., V0G 1Y0, (250) 362-5701, 
LinuxBox: (250) 362-9668.

List manager: [email-masked] 
     send command help ---- To get help with majordomo
               or lists ---- To get a list of all lists on server.

WWW: <http://www.geocities.com/RainForest/Andes/8749>