Subject: IMAP setup (with netscape)

From: Jessica Rasku <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 May 1999 21:29:12 -0700 (PDT)

I was trying to setup an IMAP connection for netscape 4.51 (I
think), but it just sat there and did nothing.  I realise this isn't
really a Pine question (and is technicialy probably off topic for this
list), but this really is the best place I can really ask this question at
this time.  Does anyone have any sugestions about what may be wrong?  Or
what I should be doing?  Looks like the IMAP server is not coming up, and
the connection is timing out...

							Jessica

-- 
Jessica Rasku, Box 270, Rossland, B.C., V0G 1Y0, (250) 362-5701, 
LinuxBox: (250) 362-9668.

List manager: [email-masked] 
     send command help ---- To get help with majordomo
               or lists ---- To get a list of all lists on server.

WWW: <http://www.geocities.com/RainForest/Andes/8749>

-- 
-----------------------------------------------------------------
 For information about this mailing list, and its archives, see: 
 http://www.washington.edu/pine/pine-info/
-----------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Scott Leibrand <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 May 1999 21:55:36 -0700 (PDT)

> the connection is timing out...
 
First of all, have you checked that your mail server supports IMAP. You
might also try posing something to the comp.mail.imap newsgroup.

-- 
Scott Leibrand
[email-masked]
How to contact me:
http://students.washington.edu/leibrand/howtocontactme.html
* RCW 19.190 notice: This email address is located in Washington State. *
* Unsolicited commercial email may be billed $500 per message.          *

---

From: Jessica Rasku <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 May 1999 13:04:08 -0700 (PDT)

> might also try posing something to the comp.mail.imap newsgroup.

	As I run the server, I would think that maybe I could set it up.
I guess I didn't make it clear that I am running the server that I'm
trying to connect with netscape.  There is a bit of a problem with the
newsgroup, I don't recieve it, can't read it regularly, at least not right
now (not until I figure out a way to do that...).

							Jessica