Subject: Receiving e-mail message from the Exchange Server

From: "Huang, Sean" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 May 1999 11:25:25 -0700

Hello,

Have anyone ever configure a UNIX pine to receive the POP3 email from the NT
Exchange server?  UNIX machine does not have any mail system working.
Exchange server on NT, which is on the different IP address, is the only
e-mail system running.

Thanks in advance for the assistance.

Sean Huang
Dataframe Logistics, Inc.
-- 
-----------------------------------------------------------------
 For information about this mailing list, and its archives, see: 
 http://www.washington.edu/pine/pine-info/
-----------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Steven Whatley <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 May 1999 14:02:28 -0500 (CDT)

> Exchange server on NT, which is on the different IP address, is the only

Exchange 5.5 supports IMAP4 which Pine prefers to use.  Some folks claim
they have gotten pine to talk to MS Exchange Server but noone has 
provided details on how to do it.

When I try to connect to an MS Exchange Server, I get a message, "Clear
channel (I assume non-encrypted) passwords are not allowed."  I suspect I
need keberose 5 server on my machine.  I don't have root privileges so
that won't do me any good.  Appearently Pine can be compiled to have
Keberose support.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Steven
-- 
                 _|_  |  _|_   "I am the way and the truth and the life.
                  | --|-- |     No one comes to the Father except through
Steven Whatley    |   |   |      me.  If you really knew me, you would
Houston, Texas        |           know my Father as well.  From now on,
[email-masked]   |            you do know him and have seen him."
http://www.blkbox.com/~swhatley/        -- Jesus Christ (John 14:6-7 NIV)

---

From: Jeff A Kinsey <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 May 1999 15:19:54 -0400

my two cents worth... i thought i saw in a linux HowTo what was required to
connect
to a ms-exchange mail system. i cannot remember too much more than that... but i
do
recall remembering it was possible.

-jeff