Subject: Missing return email address with ccMail to Pine on Ultrix

From: Randall Reynolds <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 1993 12:31:23 -0400 (EDT)

We are tring to setup a gateway with smtp. We can get mail in pine but the
from address is missing. We are on Ultrix 4.2.  We do not have a problem
with pine with anyother internet mail. Are there options in ccMail to
address it differently?  I also do not have the problem with elm or the
standard ultrix mailer.
Any help would be greatly apprecited.

______________________________________________________________________
Randall Reynolds       	          	   E-mail  [email-masked]
Director of Information Systems		   Work:   401-454-6392
Rhode Island School of Design		   Fax:    401-454-6320
2 College Street
Providence, Rhode Island  02903

WE ARE NOTHING MORE THAN TRUCK DRIVERS:
The Vehicle has changed ..... It is a micro computer not an 18 Wheeler,
The Highway has changed ..... It is Fiber Optic not Black Top,
The Cargo   has changed ..... It is Data Packets not Boxes,
The Concept, Delivering Goods and Services, Remains Constant!  
______________________________________________________________________

---

From: Debra Crowe <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 1993 10:32:05 -0700 (PDT)

Randall, I think your problem is with cc:Mail's implementation of the smtp
gateway not Pine.. We have that problem here at OSU and are anxiously awaiting
the next release of cc:Mail's smtp g/w to hopefully solve this problem.

Debra Crowe                           Email: [email-masked]
University Computing Services         Phone: (503)737-2998
Oregon State University
Corvallis, OR 97331

---

From: Randall Reynolds <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 1993 15:08:25 -0400 (EDT)

We were able with some help from our Novell support vendor - able to solve
this problem. You need to change the options in ccMail smtp (1.3) to
include the mail header. This is changed in the configuration screen for
smtp. Let me know if you need our setup.
______________________________________________________________________