Subject: Reading Attachment pblm.

From: Pete Kaplan <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 1993 15:57:51 -0700 (PDT)

Dear pine-info,

One of my users just sent me:

  I was trying to view a text attachment, and got the following error
message:  [Don't know how to display attachment format
Application/OCTET-STREAM] It would not allow me to display the attachment
to the screen, but I _was_ able to save it to disk, and then read it in
the editor. 
Is there anything else I should have done, to read it to screen within
PINE?  Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Can you help us?

Pete Kaplan    Sys Adm

---

From: Terry Gray <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 1993 23:18:15 -0700 (PDT)

Pete,
This is a problem with the way Pine is typing the text file attachment.
It will be fixed in the upcoming version.

-teg