Subject: Pine 3.07 .pinerc question....

From: Ed Greshko <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 1993 16:16:54 +0800 (TST)

Hello, 

	I've just compiled and started using pine on a MIPS platform. Most
everything appears to be working just fine.  However, it appears that I
am having some troubles with my .pinerc file.

	When I run pine -conf parts of it show:

# Sub directory in users home directory where mail folders/files are kept
mail-directory=

# Allow composition of MIME message (attachments) when this is set to "yes"
compose-mime=

# Character set used by your terminal e.g. US-ASCII, ISO-8859-1, ISO-8859-4
character-set=

	But, after editing the file and running pine the file is changed
to something like this:

# Sub directory in users home directory where mail folders/files are kept
mail-directory=mail

# Allow composition of MIME message (attachments) when this is set to "yes"

# Character set used by your terminal e.g. US-ASCII, ISO-8859-1, ISO-8859-4
character-set=US-ASCII

	So, what happed to the line to define MIME???  Other lines are missing
and other lines have been added.  For example, the line:

# Your full name
personal-name=

	was added.

	Can someone clue me in?  

	Also, I've just joined this list so maybe it is wise to email
directly to me.

					Thanks

Edward M. Greshko			Control Data Taiwan
Voice: +886-2-715-2222 x287		6/F, 131 Nanking East Road, Section 3
FAX  : +886-2-712-9197			Taipei, Taiwan R.O.C

---

From: Laurence Lundblade <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 1993 08:20:49 -0400 (EDT)

Hello,

This is probably another one for an FAQ. The -conf option is only for
setting up the system pine config file /usr/local/lib/pine.conf. It has
different variables in it than your personal .pinerc. You don't need to
worry about this for your .pinerc. Pine puts all the variables in it that
it understands (and removes the ones it doesn't). 

LL