Subject: Suggestion for pine

From: Matt Simmons <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 1993 15:57:57 -0400 (CDT)

Make everything cancellable with an [ESC]...  So if you accidentally hit f
instead of d, instead of telling it y/n for MIME, cancelling it, etc you
can just hit [esc]...

Adjust the view subcommand of the attachments command so that if the
attachment somebody picks to view happens to be a message or text pine
won't bomb out trying to view it as an image...

zarthac                  Illinois has two seasons:  Winter and Construction
@camelot.bradley.edu     It's tax time:     Do you know where your money is?
                  __        __     __        __
There's          /  \       \ \   / /       /  \       High Gamma
a pledge        / /\ \       \ \_/ /       / /\ \      Colony #099 
in every       / /  \ \       \   /       / /__\ \     Bradley Univ
class         / /    \ \      / _ \      / ______ \    Peoria, IL
             / /      \ \    / / \ \    / /      \ \
            /_/        \_\  /_/   \_\  /_/        \_\

---

From: Terry Gray <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 1993 14:33:36 -0700 (PDT)

> instead of d, instead of telling it y/n for MIME, cancelling it, etc you

Matt, this is a terrific idea, but unfortunately we can't do it without 
breaking the use of cursor keys, which use ESC as part of the sequence 
they emit.
 
> won't bomb out trying to view it as an image...

Absolutely.  This is a bug that will be fixed soon.

Thanks for your comments!

-teg

---

From: Mark Crispin <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 1993 16:07:01 -0700 (PDT)

Is CTRL/G (bell) used for anything in Pine now?  It's the general EMACS abort,
and if it isn't used for something else it could reasonably be the general
Pine abort as well, couldn't it?

This could be under ``old growth'' mode if necessary...

---

From: Terry Gray <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 1993 16:10:17 -0700 (PDT)

Yes, ^G is Get Help.

We will take a look at using ^C more consistently, however.

-teg

---

From: Matt Simmons <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 1993 19:16:52 -0400 (CDT)

> breaking the use of cursor keys, which use ESC as part of the sequence 
How 'bout using ^C instead?

---

From: Terry Gray <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 1993 17:26:25 -0700 (PDT)

> How 'bout using ^C instead?  

Exactly the plan!

-teg

---

From: Matt Simmons <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 1993 19:26:04 -0400 (CDT)

> This could be under ``old growth'' mode if necessary...
But wouldn't it make more sense to be consistant, and use Ctrl-C to abort it?