Subject: Re: Folders

From: Erik Lawaetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 1993 08:38:25 +0200 (MET DST)

OK, since Jon didn't get any response I'll try asking the same
question.
When using elm-style-folders PINE (3.05) insists on creating new
folders in the home dir rather than the folder dir.
Anyone got a fix?

--Erik

---

From: Terry Gray <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 1993 23:49:45 -0700 (PDT)

> folders in the home dir rather than the folder dir.

Erik,
Eventually someone will write a Pine FAQ for the pine-info list, and this 
will be question #1...  

Here's the scoop:

When elm-style-save is enabled, Pine insists on creating new folders in 
the home directory whenever a user-specified name is entered because 
that's what Elm does.  (Only when you enter the magic "=" token does Elm 
save to the mail directory.  Pine assumes that typing something like "m/" 
is not much harder than typing "=", and some folks *like* having 
by-subject folders in a different directory, but this has confused a 
lot of people so the next version of Pine will do what you expect.)

-teg