Subject: pico problem

From: Jim Ennis <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 93 11:08:56 EDT

Hello,

 Does anyone know if Pico will work with vt220 terminals?  I am using
QVTNET to connect to my UNIX system as a vt220 terminal but Pico says
that it is not a supported terminal type.The real message is:

Unknown terminal type vt220!

Jim

---

From: Earl Fogel <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 1993 10:47:05 -0600 (CST)

> Unknown terminal type vt220!

Try typing "set term=vt200" before running Pico.

If your system is like ours, (Ultrix 4.3), vt200 is the generic
name for all vt200 series terminals.

--
  Earl Fogel			Computing Services
  [email-masked]		University of Saskatchewan

---

From: David A Rasmussen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 93 11:51:56 CDT

>From [email-masked] Mon Apr 19 11:45:50 1993
>From: Jim Ennis <[email-masked]>
>Organization: University of Central Florida - Computer Services
>Subject:      pico problem
>To: Pine Info List <[email-masked]>
>
well, vt220's are backward compatible with vt100's so my guess would be
to tell your system you're using a vt100.

-- 
Dave Rasmussen - SysAdm/Hacker/Consulting Supervisor, UWM Computing Svcs Div.
Internet:[email-masked], Uucp:uwm!dave, Bitnet:dave%uwm.edu@INTERBIT
AT&T:414-229-5133 USmail:Box 413 EMS380,Milwaukee,WI 53201  HAM: N9REJ

---

From: "David L. Miller" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 1993 10:18:51 -0700 (PDT)

Some systems (even DEC) don't have a termcap entry for vt220.  Try
changing your TERM environment variable to vt200 or vt100.

*****************************************************************************
David L. Miller                       Internet: [email-masked]
Systems Programmer/Network Analyst      BITNET: MILLERD@WSUVM1
Washington State University Tri-Cities    UUCP: ...!yoda!dmiller
100 Sprout Road                          
Richland, WA 99352                       Phone: (509)375-9245
*****************************************************************************

---

From: Paul Ribeiro <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 1993 13:39:17 -500 (EDT)

>  Does anyone know if Pico will work with vt220 terminals?  I am using
you didn't say what type of sys you were on, but for me to get it to
work on aix 3.2.3 I had to re-compile it with -lcurses instead of
-ltermcap Setting your terminal to vt100 is no good since you loose
the "extras" you'd normally have with a vt220 (for other applications
that is....)
/P