Subject: Mac client available?

From: "Lee Ann M. Sakihara" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 1993 09:58:49 -1000 (HST)

Is there a Mac client in the works for pine?  I understand there's one
for the PC that uses IMAP, does it run under DOS, Windows or both?  

	Thanks for any information you can provide.

Lee Ann M. Sakihara                       Internet:[email-masked]
University of Hawaii Computing Center              Bitnet:  [email-masked]

---

From: Terry Gray <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 1993 15:16:08 -0700 (PDT)

> for the PC that uses IMAP, does it run under DOS, Windows or both?  
 
Lee Ann,
We are not aware of a Mac version of Pine.

For Mac users, we've been recommending the "Mailstrom" program from
Stanford, which fits into the same IMAP architecture as Pine, and has a
real Mac user interface.  (I'm told that the University of North Carolina
is adding MIME support to Mailstrom "as we speak".)

PC-Pine is a DOS application, currently in beta test.  It will run under 
Windows in the same sense that other DOS apps do.

-teg

p.s. In case anyone is interested in doing it, I can say that, based on
inquiries we've received, several sites would be grateful to have a Mac 
version!  The underlying C-client code has already been ported to the Mac.