Subject: comments in addressbooks

From: "Jeff A. Earickson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 1993 14:19:03 -0500 (CDT)

Dear Pine,

   It sure would be nice if one could put comments in the .addressbook.
I mean, have a way of putting them there thru pine (or with by-hand 
editing of .addressbook), and then seeing them when the addresses are 
brought up in pine.  I would love to store telephone numbers and other
info, ala Rolodex, in my addressbook.

/*------------------------------------------------------------------------*/
/* Jeff Earickson, Cray/nCUBE/Sun Consultant|e-mail: [email-masked] */
/* Alabama Supercomputer Network            |  Work Phone: (205) 348-3969 */
/* Boeing Computer Services                 |    Work Fax: (205) 348-3993 */
/* Address: PO Box 870346, University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa, AL 35487    */
/*       Alabama 13-0-0, 1992 National Football Champions. Roll Tide!     */
/*------------------------------------------------------------------------*/

---

From: "David L. Miller" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 1993 13:58:05 -0700 (PDT)

I am starting to work on an extension/generalization to addressbooks that
will take care of this.  Basically it will entail an interface to CSO,
WHOIS, X.500, etc.  It is a very ambitious project, so it is likely to
take a while though...

*****************************************************************************
David L. Miller                       Internet: [email-masked]
Systems Programmer/Network Analyst      BITNET: MILLERD@WSUVM1
Washington State University Tri-Cities    UUCP: ...!yoda!dmiller
100 Sprout Road                          
Richland, WA 99352                       Phone: (509)375-9245
*****************************************************************************