Subject: Global address books

From: "Michael J. Sheppard" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 1993 10:49:35 +0100 (BST)

Hi all,

I can recall a thread of discussion about Global address books in pine a
month or two ago, at the time I did not think it important but my users
are letting me know I was wrong. Was there any resolution of this debate
and does anyone have any patches to implement such an address book?

Thanks in advance,

   ////| Michael Sheppard      E-mail : [email-masked]
  //// | System Administrator  Voice  : +44.(0)61.232.9444
 ////__| GENASYS II Ltd        Fax    : +44.(0)61.232.9453

---

From: "David L. Miller" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 1993 11:59:33 -0700 (PDT)

I have submitted patches to UW to allow multiple address books.  The changes
were made against a beta version of 4.0, so they may not work on 3.0x without
some work.  I also don't know if UW will be including my technique in 4.0... 
They may decide to do something completely different (and incompatible).

If you still want the patches, email me and I will send them to you...

*****************************************************************************
David L. Miller                       Internet: [email-masked]
Systems Programmer/Network Analyst      BITNET: MILLERD@WSUVM1
Washington State University Tri-Cities    UUCP: ...!yoda!dmiller
100 Sprout Road                          
Richland, WA 99352                       Phone: (509)375-9245
*****************************************************************************