From: Guy Harris <[email-masked]>

Package: gtk+
Version: 1.2.3

OS: Solaris 2.5.1
X: X11R6 client libraries that come with Solaris 2.5.1, Exceed X11R6
   server running atop Windows NT

but it probably has the same problem with all versions of UNIX and X.

Bug:

"make install" fails in the

	cd /usr/local/etc/gtk && \
	  for i in cs hr hu pl sk sl ; do \
	            ln -s -f gtkrc.iso-8859-2 gtkrc.$i ; \
        	  done

part.

The Solaris 2.5.1 "/usr/bin/ln" appears to fail if the target exists,
even if the "-f" flag is specified - and "/usr/ucb/ln" fails if you use
"-s" and "-f" in that order; only "ln -f -s" works.

This can be reproduced by doing a "make" and a "make install" on Solaris
2.5.1.

Fix:

Do an "rm" of the target, and then do an "ln -s" without the "-f" flag.