Subject: New version of TeX/Mathematica available

From: [email-masked] (Dan Dill)
Date: 26 Apr 91 19:30:49 GMT

A new version (1.3) of TeX/Mathematica is available by anonymous ftp from
chem.bu.edu (128.197.30.18) in directory /pub/tex-mathematica.

TeX/Mathematica is a set of tools that provide facilities of Mathematica
Notebooks in a UNIX environment, under GNU Emacs.  They permit interaction
between a text and a Mathematica buffer and, if desired, the use of
TeX/LaTeX to annotate Mathematica-based explorations and programs.  Inclusion
of Mathematica-generated graphics in TeX/LaTeX documents printed using
PostScript is supported.

The major new feature is that calculations in a document can automatically be
encapsulated in Mathematica packages.  This means that the document can serve
both as the description of the package and the source for the package code
itself, in the spirit of Knuth's WEB system of structured documentation.

With these tools one can interactively develop and refine teaching and
research documents. The interactive nature of the tools encourages
Mathematica-based exploration as a natural part of the writing process.

I'd welcome your comments.

Thanks

Dan Dill
[email-masked]