Subject: Literate Haskell:

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 91 12:48:26 NZS

Will and/or Simon,

I have all the literate Haskell stuff up and running here, but I can't see how
to do a few of the things that I thought I would be able to.  If I put code in
code or pseudocode environments, it is typeset flush with the left margin.  I
would like

\begin{code}
f x y = x + y
\end{code}

to typeset as

    > f x y = x + y

and would like

\begin{pseudocode}
f x y = x + y
\end{pseudocode}

to typeset as

    f x y = x + y

After a section title or code environment, the second and subsequent following
paragraphs should have the first line indented, but this is not happening.  I
don't remember having to specify anything to LaTeX in the past to get this
behaviour, but I am not a LaTeX hacker, and neither is any member of our
support staff.  How can I fix this?

Ideally, I would like the code and pseudocode environments to be indented by
the same amount as the indentation for the first line of a `subsequent'
paragraph.  Thus I would like things to appear much as they do in the recent
S.P.E. article on Lambda Lifting by Simon and David Lester, but with a smaller
amount of indentation for code environments.

In summary, my questions are:

(1) How do I get the first line indentation for `subsequent' paragraphs?

(2) How do I get the same amount of indentation for code environments?

(3) How do I get the '>'s for code environments (but not for pseudocode
    environments)?

I would appreciate a prompt reply: I am hoping to complete a paper which has a
3 Sept. deadline.

	Thanks in advance,
_______________________________________________________________________________

[email-masked]          Evan Ireland, Department of Computer Science,
 +64-6-3569099 x8541          Massey University, Palmerston North, New Zealand.